United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2016, 10:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
we were that spoilt it made some of us £#%&! off and support a pub team

The difference then is that you knew when Ferguson was in a transitional period and invariably you knew he'd get it right, it was all par for the course. The point now, and I'll repeat this until I'm blue in the face, is why are United so indebted to van Gaal, that they will allow him three years to impose his style on the club before handing over the reins? Is van Gaal so revered that his style will be carried on like the Olympic flame by his successor, regardless of what their own "philosophy" might be? And finally, how can you say his three years here will be transitional, when he's half way through, still barely knows his best side and probably needs to replace or add 5-10 players in the 18 months he has remaining?

For me, putting aside the fact that I just don't like him, he still has too many unanswered questions at this stage in his tenure to even consider him a good appointment, let alone a success. He comes across as an obstinate @#%&! and it almost feels like that's the philosophy coming across from the players rather than anything else.

In 2005, Ferguson was the most obstinate @#%&! of them all but he'd earned it, with the players and the fans. I owe van Gaal nothing and he owes United nothing either and my biggest concern is that the three years he is here, his philosophy will do more bad than good. Trying to recover from one bad year with Moyes has been hard enough, imagine how hard it's going to be for Giggs trying to reverse three bad years of this.
Actually loads of people doubted Fergie back then. Awful signings, bad football, playing Smith in midfield etc. "Eye off the ball" etc.

I don't think Van Gaal will get three years if this continues. Until United start playing good football, he will remain on the brink. Two defeats this week probably finish him. The club have to brief that he's secure - they did the same with Moyes - but anyone who thinks he can continue like this for another 18 months is nuts.

And Van Gaal is revered among coaches. He's one of the best ever and perhaps the most influential of the last 25 years. He's someone who has been allowed to make many changes at the club that will benefit any decent coach who shows up after him.

That alone will not see him past the next few months if things don't improve. Simple.

Unread 11-01-2016, 10:21 AM
atticusgrinch

Look at old reissues from the period and you can widespread disenchantment over signings and the football. Lot of fear in the air re the unstoppable Chelsea juggernaut too. Ronaldo shit. Keane an irreplaceable loss.

So yes. Probably the exact same people shitting the bed as well.

Unread 11-01-2016, 11:07 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Bad run of eight games, Fellaini starts. Two much improved performances and he doesn't. Shot on a stick football until he gets taken off on Saturday. Can't be a £#%&!ing coincidence. Don't want him out on loan because there's a possibility that he will come back. Bin Fellaini off and we will do far better. Based on the last dozen games, the solution is obvious.
Schneiderlin playing is more important than fellaini not, although the two do often coincide.

Unread 11-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Look at old reissues from the period and you can widespread disenchantment over signings and the football. Lot of fear in the air re the unstoppable Chelsea juggernaut too. Ronaldo shit. Keane an irreplaceable loss.

So yes. Probably the exact same people shitting the bed as well.

Unread 11-01-2016, 10:51 PM
red in cumbria

Ah yes, "no end product show pony" Ronaldo. True anti sages

Unread 12-01-2016, 08:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
We dont commit enough going forward because the players are too £#%&!ing slow to get forward or back.

Shite. Utter £#%&!ing shite. From back to front. There's £#%&! all pace to attack teams, and £#%&! all pace to defend teams hitting on the break

Unread 12-01-2016, 11:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
£#%&! are you laughing at you fat pisscan @#%&!?
Closed Thread