United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Knockers

I’m with Neo. Been accused of being try-hard, top-red, attention-seeker, whatever. Meh. The heart wants what it wants.

Is it better to pretend to buzz off it all and join in? £#%&! that. I don’t want to have anything in common with the sad @#%&!s who get bang into England. It’s weird.

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Oh no not the WhatsApp groups
Christ. First it's the whatsapp groups, then it'll be unfollowed.

Stay strong guys.

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:56 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
If the higher management of that national team had consistently stitched up your local team, and if the fans of that national team had regularly booed players of your local team is it still odd?
This.

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
If the higher management of that national team had consistently stitched up your local team, and if the fans of that national team had regularly booed players of your local team is it still odd?
Go have a look at the Fellaini thread and then moan about people booing United players.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:00 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Go have a look at the Fellaini thread and then moan about people booing United players.
Different reasons

I’d boo fellaini as a last resort because he’s gash

United players were booed by England fans for being united players

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Different reasons

I’d boo fellaini as a last resort because he’s gash

United players were booed by England fans for being united players
Such is life. It was 20 years ago mate, maybe time to get over it.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:01 PM
puressence

Currently having face book rows on my own page as I changed my falcao picture to Zlatan .. went #@&%!ahoop when they equalised £#%&! England

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Currently having face book rows on my own page as I changed my falcao picture to Zlatan .. went #@&%!ahoop when they equalised £#%&! England

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Such is life. It was 20 years ago mate, maybe time to get over it.
Maybe your right

Ok, I will put that behind me

Just have to come to terms with the racist @#%&!s and the national anthem now

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:04 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

do whatever you want pal. free country (well it was). who gives a shit?

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I’m with Neo. Been accused of being try-hard, top-red, attention-seeker, whatever. Meh. The heart wants what it wants.

Is it better to pretend to buzz off it all and join in? £#%&! that. I don’t want to have anything in common with the sad @#%&!s who get bang into England. It’s weird.
Thing is you don't have to be either.

I am neutral about the England football team's results. I don't feel patriotism watching a bunch of people kick a ball. I'm not invested in international football the way club tribalism is and that goes for most here no doubt.

But there are @#%&!s in all national teams and if you really try-hard you can pick a reason for wanting every team to lose. I know guys who hate the national team because Liverpool and City players are in it. But there are Liverpool and City players for Brazil, Liverpool and City players for Belgium, a Liverpool player for Croatia...

Just be a neutral and enjoy the football for what it is. In some way international football is the only thing to pureness in the modern money spinning, £#%&! the fans sport because you're limited to your national pool. If your best left back is a shit left back so be it. Can't buy a replacement.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:12 PM
jem

I was accused of being unpatriotic today because I said I couldn't hate @#%&!s like sterling and henderson all year and then support them, england fans are smalltime booing united players, england ruined stevie coppell, england marginalised scholes so they could play boring @#%&!s and southgate is not inspirational. and something about clough and the no mark committee.

I mean, I'm not particularly patriotic, but still.... I'll support murray and froome and hamilton and the rugby and cricket teams. just not @#%&!s like sterling and henderson. football is tribal and they're not my tribe. soz.

I liked rojo's goal.

have to say the colombians made me support england today, though, the @#%&!s.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:14 PM
TheFatGoth

It's been particularly exhausting this year having (again) to explain why I don't give a £#%&! about them. I don't understand why everyone is shocked when it's the same every two years. The vitriol has definitely increased this year though.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Lok

I used to hate England. It seemed cool. Then I got over myself.

It'd be absolutely amazing to see them win the World Cup. The whole country would be buzzing for months.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:28 PM
denis lawless

Started a loooong time ago.
Used to like England...in the 1970 WC, wore a white t-shirt and navy shorts....hummed "back home" on the way to school....when Poland beat England 2-0 , I actually wanted England to win......then came Wembley, October 1973....and the way everybody was gobbing off how England were gonna win 5-0, 7-0....10-0...i didn't like it
Come the game, we all know what happened
Even in defeat, they still couldn't accept teat they were shit and resorted to name call Tommo a clown.....

Ever since then, I've wanted England to be humiliated......and quite often, down the years....they have been

They still get far too giddy beforehand.....for a country that's won £#%&! all since 66....you'd have thought they'd learnt their lesson....but no.

I don't buy this false, "oh we're shit and just glad to be there" facade in recent tournaments either....one win and its back to "its coming home" bollox.

Hope the hard hat wearing, hi-vizzers stuff the ABUs too.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:29 PM
armchair

i wonder do other countries have the same overly earnest non-supporters explaining to anyone who will listen why they don't support.

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
i wonder do other countries have the same overly earnest non-supporters explaining to anyone who will listen why they don't support.
Italy

People in the south generally don’t support the azuri

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:32 PM
armchair

Quote:
Italy

People in the south generally don’t support the azuri
of course they do

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:32 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Why the £#%&! do people get upset about it though?

I find some of the reactions incredibly strange. Someone finds out you’re not backing Gareth’s brave lads, and it’s like you’ve killed their entire family.

England fans are @#%&!s, and support a team that is, by and large, packed with @#%&!s. I find it impossible to want them to succeed; it’s almost on a par with wanting Liverpool not to succeed.
You're talking about this like people feeling affinity for some football team is a bizarre, hitherto unknown phenomenon. It's not. You know what it's like, you know that going out of your way to make sure people know you're enjoying their team losing is going to upset them, but you do it anyway. If multiple people react to you as if you're being a dick, the least you can do for the benefit of the world in general is take a moment to consider 'Am I being a dick?'.

You're not wrong for 'not supporting England'. You're wrong for being a dick about it, and even more wrong by somehow convincing yourself that you're the victim. Stop being a dick.
Closed Thread