United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Coracao

I'll be happy with them bringing Deco in and Lampard leaving.

Deco is the better player, yet nowhere near as effective as Lampard in terms of goals.

They will be relying a hell of a lot on Drogba, who had his fair share of injuries last time out.

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Thiago

Ballack will have more freedom and he always gets goals. Deco has a good shot aswell.

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Simply because he's in the last year of his contract - be a freebie next year.
ah, i didn't know that. that would explain it. cheers.

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Vic Mackey

Good player, excellent passer and a quick thinker, plenty left to offer. He should give them the creativity they've been lacking the past two years.

At least it means Fat Frank is probably on his way, overrated though he is.

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Ballack will have more freedom and he always gets goals. Deco has a good shot aswell.
I'll be surprised if Deco gets more than 5 next season.

Unread 30-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'll be happy with them bringing Deco in and Lampard leaving.

Deco is the better player, yet nowhere near as effective as Lampard in terms of goals.

They will be relying a hell of a lot on Drogba, who had his fair share of injuries last time out.
Thats a fair assessment I think. I cant understand those that think he's shite. Drogba will benenfit from Deco's range of passing when Chelski go long ball, but Deco wont get as many goals as Lampard does.

Will be interesting to see if Scolari goes for Robinho. I think he's quality on his day.

Unread 30-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
I'll be surprised if Deco gets more than 5 next season.
I think he'll score more than 5.Especially if he gets a share of the free kicks.

Unread 30-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Coracao

58 -15
58-19
50-20
62-21
38-20

Fat Frank's last 5 seasons.

Whether you like him or not, that is impressive and extremely difficult to replace.

They would need a massive improvement on goals from Ballack and their wide players who don't really chip in with a great deal.

Unread 30-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I think he'll score more than 5.Especially if he gets a share of the free kicks.
He's got 5 goals in the league, in the past 3 seasons.

Unread 30-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He's got 5 goals in the league, in the past 3 seasons.
Thats combined by the way, not in each season!

Unread 30-06-2008, 10:10 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
I dont rate him and he reminds me of a chipmunk

Unread 30-06-2008, 11:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
anyone who doesn't rate him must be simple
deco is £#%&!. he's a cheat and a bottler and he's not as good as he thinks he is or you think he is. he will get the shit kicked out of him and spend the second half of the season crying. or should, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Deco - Essien - Ballack is the best midfield trio in world football on current form.
is that cheating, whining, ooh-give-that-bad-man-a-yellow-card-ref form?

essien can run a midfield (well he can run anyway). ballack and deco are moody, wasteful and would have been evicted from the big brother house.

£#%&! me, why don't you throw in malouda and kalou as well?

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Smeggs

i think it's a good signing for them, an already strong midfield gets stronger, especially if lampard stays. more tellingly, it could mark a style change for chelsea if scholari is expected to provide the entertainment we always here RA craves.

no doubting he's a @#%&! of a man and will be diving all season but the lad can pass a ball.

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

would have been a good signing about 2 years ago, i dont think he's all that anymore, will find the premier league too physical.

They should have bought capel far better value for money.

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:42 AM
dodger

Don't rate Deco. Not bothered that they've signed him and he won't improve them. I'm intrigued by the two year contract though. What's that all about?

BTW people keep going on about Ballack. I think I've seen him have 5 good games in the last two years. How does that keep a reputation intact?

Good to see Fabregas get in the best of euro 2008 squad. not bad for a bit part player...

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:46 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I was never a big fan of Deco (I think it was more to do with him being snide rather than a lack of ability) but at this years Euro's, I thought he was outstanding. Portugal's best player by a mile.
that was mouthino

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Don't rate Deco. Not bothered that they've signed him and he won't improve them. I'm intrigued by the two year contract though. What's that all about?

BTW people keep going on about Ballack. I think I've seen him have 5 good games in the last two years. How does that keep a reputation intact?

Good to see Fabregas get in the best of euro 2008 squad. not bad for a bit part player...
I laughed at that. How on EARTH did that happen?

2 and a half games?

Unread 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Exactly

Unread 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I laughed at that. How on EARTH did that happen?

2 and a half games?
You know that saying about not fooling all the people all the time...well he's nearly disproved it.

Unread 01-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Rossi the Red

Thumbs down

This signing is worst case scenario for us imo. Chelsea have never had a real 'playmaker' in their team.

• Lampard was just an attacking midfielder who they relied on for goals. Was always on the end of everything for them.
  • Makalele only ever defended for Chelsea, couldn't see a defence splitting pass for love nor money.
  • Essien was just an absolute powerhouse in midfield and often their utility man.
  • Ballack may of been the closest thing to being a playmaker but he was more attacking, normally on the end of moves rather than creating them.

They have just signed their Scholsey for next season, which is what, imo, they lacked last season.

Nft.

:shakehead:
Closed Thread