United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Mark Corrigan

Question If you could go back in time

and be at any United game from the past which would you go back to?

I'd choose the first game i ever went to so i could remember who it was actually against and what score it finished

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:36 PM
wiganste

Cup quarter final v Forest in 1989 for various reasons.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan

I'd choose the first game i ever went to so i could remember who it was actually against and what score it finished
How old were you?2?

Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Cup quarter final v Forest in 1989 for various reasons.
Agro reasons?

Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
How old were you?2?
5 or 6 i think

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:42 PM
les vagas

barcelona 1984, OT was rocking that night

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Agro reasons?
No.

I'd hope Brian Hill would have seen sense and awarded the goal when Robbo's shot was clearly a foot over the line. We lost 1-0 and Forest went on to play the scousers in the semi final at Hillsbrough.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Arsenal Semi Replay in 99.
This time i'd ignore the soft @#%&!s who I was with who said don't go on the pitch you'll get your season ticket took off you.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
No.

I'd hope Brian Hill would have seen sense and awarded the goal when Robbo's shot was clearly a foot over the line. We lost 1-0 and Forest went on to play the scousers in the semi final at Hillsbrough.
I probably shouldve mentioned this but you cant change the result or anything like that, you are just there to relive the occasion

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:48 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
No.

Ive allways wondered about this Ste. If we did beat them I think we would of been given the Lepping lane, In which case I would of been there and you never know It could of been us. I know its not the UBER RED thing to say but lets face it, the Police were pretty £#%&!ing usless that day.

dunk

The game Vs. Arsenal at Highbury prior to the Munich disaster in '58.

Simply because it was supposed to be a fantastic game and a fitting tribute to the babes.

Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Arsenal Semi Replay in 99.
This time i'd ignore the soft @#%&!s who I was with who said don't go on the pitch you'll get your season ticket took off you.
We were near enough the top row you #@&%! it wouldve taken an hour to get there

naes_sean

Quote:

How would that work then?
I doubt the time machine will understand that command, " Take me to my first football match". How would the time machine know? Surely it would respond with an error of some kind.

These time machines aren't that sophisticated you know.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
How would that work then?
I doubt the time machine will understand that command, " Take me to my first football match". How would the time machine know? Surely it would respond with an error of some kind.

These time machines aren't that sophisticated you know.
Theres always one isnt there.

Im just surprised that its you sean

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
I probably shouldve mentioned this but you cant change the result or anything like that, you are just there to relive the occasion
Well that changes everything. I'd imagine 99.99% of people will now say Barcalona. Me included.

Zorg

The first game after the Babes won the league in 1957.

It was the first game my dad went to, the JCL glory hunter.

wiganste

Quote:
Ok

Juventus away in 99 then

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
BarryX

25 January 1995. Crystal Palace away.

I would be standing just behind Simmons, backing Eric right up and having a good old laugh about it for photographic purposes. (and then laid a few sly boots into him/pinned him down). Subsequently I would then appear at Croydon magistrates as part of the defence team, and thereafter have been one of Eric's closest friends ever since.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Ive allways wondered about this Ste. If we did beat them I think we would of been given the Lepping lane, In which case I would of been there and you never know It could of been us. I know its not the UBER RED thing to say but lets face it, the Police were pretty £#%&!ing usless that day.
We would have played at Goodison/Maine Road.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Theres always one isnt there.

Im just surprised that its you sean
sorry mate.

To answer the original question. I would go to the European cup final in '68.
Closed Thread