United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Richardson > Nani

well except Reading at home where he was the shittest thing i've ever seen in a united shirt - and i saw Milne and Roche

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
richardson liked keane alot. had alot of respect for him and they got along while keane was at the club. richardsons dad was against him going there as he saw it as a step down in his career but he went and has shown his worth.
i remember the forum experts saying eagles was a better player than him amongst others while i insisted he was easily the best of our youth products of recent.
(richardson was one of the most popular lads in the changing room apparantly)
Did Spurs (wasn't Jol there at the time?) come in for him though? I always expected them to, don't think they did though. I think Sunderland were the first one's in.

I said Eagles has more talent and ability, in terms of technique, than Richardson, he doesn't have the physical attributes to go with it though. Richardson's Pace and strength are his 2 greatest assets, Eagles has neither, which is a shame for him.

I think Eagles will turn up in the PL soon enough, he needs to fill out a bit though.

Unread 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
maybe not, but when he gets over his operation he will piss all over them.
Hargreaves isn't fit, has had what Fergie has described as a very succesful operation and should be back for next season. I certainly hope so as he's an excellent player.

Unread 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Did Spurs (wasn't Jol there at the time?) come in for him though? I always expected them to, don't think they did though. I think Sunderland were the first one's in.

I said Eagles has more talent and ability, in terms of technique, than Richardson, he doesn't have the physical attributes to go with it though. Richardson's Pace and strength are his 2 greatest assets, Eagles has neither, which is a shame for him.

I think Eagles will turn up in the PL soon enough, he needs to fill out a bit though.
spurs showed an interest along with west brom, sunderland and someone else.

but keane showed the most interest i think he even flew out to amsterdam to see him.

Unread 03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Richardson is far better off at Sunderland than he would be at Spurs.

Unread 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Spiffy

Liverpool signed a striker with a good track record and sold one with a shit track record. It just happens to be the same player.

Transfer payments are decided according to the Premiership reg's. I'm told all dealings in England have to be done on 50% now, 50% in 12 months time. Even if the player is no longer at the club. Liverpool will have paid £9.5M in August with another £9.5M this August. Tottenham will have paid £6M now with another £6M next January. Now technically they could off set this against what they are due to get in the summer but there's no way Liverpool didn't lose millions.

Liverpool had a guy on about £60K per week not even making the bench. Tottenham could have bought anyone so there had to be an incentive to buy Keane back. Coupled with the fact they didn't have him for the first 5 months of this season and are now in a relegation fight, why should they give Liverpool all their money back? They lost out (in their view) when Keane signed as they might not even stay up. Do you expect Tottenham to just let Liverpool have him for 5 months for free? Not a chance. If Keane had turned into Romario then Liverpool would have made a fortune. He didn't, he turned into Diego Forlan and so of course they lost money on him, it was a gamble that didn't work out.

If they got all their money back, why not use it to buy another striker? Because they didn't get all their money back.
Closed Thread