United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
No, you're saying they've probably made a profit on a player they were desperate to get rid of, even though every single media source is reporting that the Scousers have taken a significant hit on the deal. You know the best though, and the media are just spouting what they're told to because Liverpool don't mind looking stupid as they've made so much money on it or something. £#%&! me, have you turned into Throb?
Why were Liverpool desperate to get rid? Were Tottenham not desperate to sign the player? Tottenham needed a striker, therefore Keane was probably worth more to them than Liverpool.

No, I'm wrong.

Liverpool paid £20.3m in cash to Liverpool, then made the fantastic decision to sell him back to Spurs for £12m about 6 months later, leaving themselves woefully light in the striking department and £8m plus wages out of pocket on the deal and they did this all in the full glare of the public eye and have been upfront and honest about the whole deal.

Daniel Levy is a Genius.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
so dunks actually a scouser?
Judging by the way Ether's losing the rag I'd say yes.

antonin jablonsky

Armchair, any chance you could setup a Man United sub-forum?

Unread 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyway, the dippers have bclearly made a loss on Keane and mugs of themselves and their loony mananger in the process. Spurs on the other hand have been an utter shambles for a coupla years now and are also a laughing stock.

United are far better than either.

Unread 03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Liverpool paid £20.3m in cash to Liverpool, then made the fantastic decision to sell him back to Spurs for £12m about 6 months later, leaving themselves woefully light in the striking department and £8m plus wages out of pocket on the deal and they did this all in the full glare of the public eye and have been upfront and honest about the whole deal.
I'm not saying that. In reality I'd imagine what's happened is that the original deal has been restructured. I just don't see where you're coming from with this 'Liverpool must have broken even because its the only thing that makes sense' angle. Do you not think at least 1 person in the media might have picked up on it? Spurs are a PLC, there has to be a certain amount of transparency.

And Spurs have 3 decent strikers at the club already plus Defoe when he's back from injury, I don't think they were desperate for a striker really. And Rafa obviously wanted to sell, he's been leaving him out of squads ffs and allegedly there were personal issues there too.

Unread 03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
dunk

I object to the sucking of Spurs #@&%! by Ginners, and merely provide an answer to his fawning.

Couldn't give a £#%&! about either club. It was the only deal I was hoping would go through yesterday, as it weakens Liverpool and makes them look stupid, regardless of price, and Spurs are shit anyway, and a mediocre half pint Irishman will make no difference to that.

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Armchair, any chance you could setup a Man United sub-forum?

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Zorg

One thing's certain - both clubs look £#%&!ing stupid.

Couldn't care less about Spurs but Liverpool - they are going for the title with one centre-forward who has a dodgy hamstring.

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Are you honestly that stupid? you crack me up. Oh yes, Harry and Levy have done stunning business

I'm just glad the dippers have sold him, I shall be eagerly awaiting the twang of Torres hamstring and the spectacle of Ngog leading their front line.

Spuds will continue in their battle with relegation.

It all works out nicely for me.
isn't that the noise you make when your gripping onto the bars of the bath when your having a monster of a dump?

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
isn't that the noise you make when your gripping onto the bars of the bath when your having a monster of a dump?
You shit in the bath?

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
You shit in the bath?
no, the bar on the bath is right next to my crapper.

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyway, the dippers have bclearly made a loss on Keane and mugs of themselves and their loony mananger in the process. Spurs on the other hand have been an utter shambles for a coupla years now and are also a laughing stock.

United are far better than either.
no according to dunk, spurs have made the loss and liverpool merely 'broke even' or even made 2m.

dunk - football sage

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
no according to dunk, spurs have made the loss and liverpool merely 'broke even' or even made 2m.

dunk - football sage
And again you look a #@&%! sucking that Spurs dick.

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

dunk - football sage
I'm not really bothered if dunks got it wrong, fact is both clubs are a £#%&!ing disaster. One has sold it's only backup striker for a loss in the middle a title challenge. The other has a merry-go-round transfer policy which costs them managers and money.

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
marlo

Quote:
And again you look a #@&%! sucking that Spurs dick.
im just being neutral as i dont really care about either club.

spurs have declared to the stock exchange that they bought back keane for £12m. he was sold for £20m and we all know profit is realised when the transaction takes place(thats another matter all together and abit above your head as you are devoid of any sort of accounting knowledge regarding the realisation of profit.)

liverpool would definately have lost money and funny enough EVERY media outlet has reported them taking a loss circa £8m.
yet in the middle of it all you seem to think spurs have effectively bought back keane for £22m

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
dunk

The fact is that Liverpool could've kept him until the summer and then sold him and lost less than the Spurs fans on here are claiming. Why would they lose so much and lose the player when they didn't need to?

You can believe what ever suits your agenda, as the actual facts will never be known, and there is a reason for this.

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
marlo

Quote:
The fact is that Liverpool could've kept him until the summer and then sold him and lost less than the Spurs fans on here are claiming. Why would they lose so much and lose the player when they didn't need to?

You can believe what ever suits your agenda, as the actual facts will never be known, and there is a reason for this.
Quote:
Liverpool were offered Gareth Bale and David Bentley, the left back and midfield player respectively, in part exchange, but the Merseyside club favoured a straight cash deal. The fee could eventually reach close to £20 million, but that figure is dependent on Tottenham winning trophies, meaning that Liverpool are expected to take a hit of at least £4 million on the Ireland forward.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5645880.ece

the media have got it all wrong. no one but you know liverpool actually made a profit.

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
im just being neutral as i dont really care about either club.
Well that's just %@#$&!s for a kick off.

Quote:
spurs have declared to the stock exchange that they bought back keane for £12m. he was sold for £20m and we all know profit is realised when the transaction takes place(thats another matter all together and abit above your head as you are devoid of any sort of accounting knowledge regarding the realisation of profit.)
I believe the statement said 'Initial Fee' which can cover a multitude of sins, and they do not have to make any statements with regards to agreements that have been changed, altered or cancelled, now do they?

Quote:
liverpool would definately have lost money and funny enough EVERY media outlet has reported them taking a loss circa £8m.
yet in the middle of it all you seem to think spurs have effectively bought back keane for £22m
I said Liverpool would have lost nothing on the fee for the player, and may have encouraged Spurs to pay a mil or 2 over. I suggested that the 1st Payment made by Liverpool would've been a portion, that would be given back an the rest waived. Have you any evidence this hasn't happened? So if Liverpool had paid £10m and the rest of the fee was waived, and Spurs paid £12m, what has happened? There is no proof either way, I just think there is more to it and am disagreeing with you cockney £#%&!tards that think Spurs have done good business.

In reality I hope Liverpool lost £8m and as a result Benitez is constantly at war with his bosses over transfer fees, I just don't see it.

There is always more to these things than meets the eye, O naive one.

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
marlo

Quote:

I said Liverpool would have lost nothing on the fee for the player, and may have encouraged Spurs to pay a mil or 2 over. I suggested that the 1st Payment made by Liverpool would've been a portion, that would be given back an the rest waived. Have you any evidence this hasn't happened? So if Liverpool had paid £10m and the rest of the fee was waived, and Spurs paid £12m, what has happened? There is no proof either way, I just think there is more to it and am disagreeing with you cockney £#%&!tards that think Spurs have done good business.

In reality I hope Liverpool lost £8m and as a result Benitez is constantly at war with his bosses over transfer fees, I just don't see it.

There is always more to these things than meets the eye, O naive one.

Quote:
Liverpool finally sanctioned the sale late yesterday afternoon as the 5pm cut-off ticked ever closer after a day of frantic negotiations with the Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy. Keane, who departed White Hart Lane for an initial £19m with a further £1.3m of potential add-ons, is understood to have cost Tottenham an initial £12m. That fee will rise quickly to nearer £16m with further ambitious add-ons, linked to silverware he claims at Spurs, to see up to £19m change hands again. The 28-year-old is expected to make his second debut for Tottenham in Sunday's potentially explosive north London derby with Arsenal.
there it is genius.

the fact of the matter remains. liverpool have made a LOSS.
they paid more for keane then they will get from selling him.
with purchase price exceeds sales proceeds, the selling party make what is called a 'loss'

Unread 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
there it is genius.
And you think this was paid up front in one go?
Closed Thread