Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
an almighty £#%&! up - deleted the original post as well
yeah...well let that be a lesson to you

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'm delighted to have got that one wrong

how far it is keane's fault and how far benitez's is, of course, another question entirely.
I think Spurs was his level tbh.

Quote:
that thread reads as a conversation borsuk, so it's not surprising some of the children didn't quite grasp it
arrogant @#%&!

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
He was the missing piece of the jigsaw back in August
That must be some £#%&!ing huge jigsaw.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
That must be some £#%&!ing huge jigsaw.
its a box of £#%&!ing cornflakes

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Bunker Buster

We should make a cheeky bid.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We should make a cheeky bid.
if i was Fergie, id do it just to wind the fat £#%&!er up

and say that i was just interested as using him as cover for injuries

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
arrogant @#%&!
ooh get you big boy

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
redmike

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its a box of £#%&!ing cornflakes
And a huge box at that

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
And a huge box at that
Netto

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Elsey

He's been practically begging for a move back to Spurs since the window opened.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:55 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
He's been practically begging for a move back to Spurs since the window opened.
True and you probably can't think of a bigger insult to the scousers than that.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
ooh get you big boy
Yeah I was one of them that didnt think Keane 'would make the difference'.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yeah I was one of them that didnt think Keane 'would make the difference'.
fascinating

i did of course say "some of the children"

if it is true that you don't feel i could possibly have been referring to you -what with your incredible foresight and all - then that would seem to me to make your "arrogant @#%&!" response even more childish

you should've said patronising @#%&!, of course

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Zorg

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=18

edit: I was wrong about the League cup though

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
celtbion

Jokeshop club.

Add in Chelsea's apparent financial difficulties now that Roman has taken a hit and Utd are looking very strong aren't they?

Even the debt levels, with Utd being such a profitable club, doesn't seem so bad relative to what's going on in the world as a whole.

Arsenal may be the ones to come good in 10-15 years though. They'll be in a very strong position then.

Oh and Robbie Keane is shite.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
fascinating

i did of course say "some of the children"

if it is true that you don't feel i could possibly have been referring to you -what with your incredible foresight and all - then that would seem to me to make your "arrogant @#%&!" response even more childish

you should've said patronising @#%&!, of course
Arrogance runs through half your posts on here. You're not a politician are you? As I've said in the past, you would make a terrific spin-doctor .

Do I need to think that you are responding to me, to think you are indeed a @#%&!? Ah...that reasoning is beyond your scope...

EDIT: Celtbion is right. Keane is out of his depth at Liverpool. Rejected by Inter, dismissed by Fergie, no need for amazing foresight when you think about it. Stepping up a level at 28 was never likely.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Arrogance runs through half your posts on here. You're not a politician are you? As I've said in the past, you would make a terrific spin-doctor .

Do I need to think that you are responding to me, to think you are indeed a @#%&!? Ah...that reasoning is beyond your scope...

EDIT: Celtbion is right. Keane is out of his depth at Liverpool. Rejected by Inter, dismissed by Fergie, no need for amazing foresight when you think about it. Stepping up a level at 28 was never likely.
wow, you're on a roll now

keane is hardly out of his depth at the vermin, of course

if anything, it's arguable that they have indeed improved since he arrived

in fact aren't they currently telling anyone who'll listen that they're 8pts better off this season than they were last - remind me how many of the last 4 drawn games Keane started, for example

Unread 01-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default as for the revisionist bullshit about Benitez not wanting Keane...

currently being trotted out by vermin fans and vermin media...

Quote:

RAFA: KEANE A GREAT PARTNER FOR TORRES

by Jimmy Rice

Rafa Benitez believes Robbie Keane can be the perfect foil for 33-goal Fernando Torres next term. The Anfield boss sees the pair as a lethal combination of guile and pace capable of firing the Reds to glory in 2008-09.

Speaking exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv after the 28-year-old signed last night, Benitez said: "We were looking for a player with game intelligence and good movement who could play alongside Torres.

"He can play with Torres up front and also on the right.

"We knew he was a Liverpool fan since forever. We knew that he was a very good signing in terms of the commitment, the quality and the intelligence of the player.

"He is a player who can give to us a lot of goals – normally he gets about 15 each year. We were looking for the workrate he can give to us, the game intelligence and also the goals."

Keane scored an impressive 107 goals in 253 appearances for former club Tottenham – but the penalty box isn't the only place Benitez believes he'll have an impact.

The Reds manager thinks his new boy will have a positive effect on team morale.

"He has experience in the Premier League and also all the reports of his personality and professionalism are fantastic. He can be a good example for the young players," said Benitez.

"I feel like he has enough experience in the game and that he has a very good mentality. He is very hungry, so everything is positive."

After being unveiled to the press this morning, Keane could travel with his new teammates to Villarreal.

Whenever he does make his debut, it is likely to be in the number seven shirt.

Benitez added: "Yes, we were talking about the number, and the big names that have had this number, so it will be inspirational for him to have it too."

One of the first questions fans will be asking when Keane does finally make his bow is whether they'll see his famous cartwheel goal celebration.

The man himself says it would be rude not to bring it out once for the Kop, though Benitez has told supporters not to expect spectacular celebrations week in, week out.

He said: "We will talk. It is important to score and also to celebrate afterwards, but he has to be careful just in case!"

Unread 01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Spaniard

Quote:
wow, you're on a roll now

keane is hardly out of his depth at the vermin, of course

if anything, it's arguable that they have indeed improved since he arrived

in fact aren't they currently telling anyone who'll listen that they're 8pts better off this season than they were last - remind me how many of the last 4 drawn games Keane started, for example
So they're improvement is down to him - even though he's hardly playing? . You've exceeded yourself there TT .

Me? I just at all the chances he's missed. Against Everton in the cup, he looked uncoordinated and technically lacking compared to Stevie G and an 80% fit Torres. Dirk Kuyt has finished a greater percentage of his chances this season.

I dont hold Keane in contempt or anything, I thought he was quite good at Spurs, and my brother is a Spurs fan who was always quick to praise him. I do think if he was good enough he would have forced himself into the Spaniards plans.

Unread 01-02-2009, 03:27 PM
magic_cantona

Out of the squad again for todays game.
Closed Thread