United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2009, 08:47 PM
wonky no

Default the importance of park

he is one £#%&!ing good player. he did all carricks running for him today and others too. carrick was great tonight but alot of the credit must go to g-string.

Unread 31-01-2009, 08:48 PM
MUFC One Love

He gives the side great balance and continues to improve imo, he seems a lot more confident. If he was a bit better in front of goal he'd be an outstanding player. For me he gets into the starting 11 often, on merit.

Unread 31-01-2009, 08:49 PM
believe

very true its the same reason berbatov can get away with looking "lazy" up front playing with tevez.

Unread 31-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Tiberian

I wish he had a little more quality in his work in the final third though, for all his scurrying and workrate very little actually is created from it. With Ronaldo and the strikers playing well we get away with it, earlier in the season they were struggling and Park's lack of end product was more apparent.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:06 PM
marlo

he played ok today but no matter how you look at it (1 goal and 0 assists in 20 games) is a poor return from an attacking player playing in our team. its not like he plays the 'makelele' role.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
he played ok today but no matter how you look at it (1 goal and 0 assists in 20 games) is a poor return from an attacking player playing in our team. its not like he plays the 'makelele' role.
when's anderson back?

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:11 PM
borsuk

very very good player. his movement is amongst the best in the squad and he creates a lot of space for his teammates with his clever runs and positioning. a lot more than the squad player he's often described as.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Boring. As. £#%&!.

dunk

Quote:
It surprises me that you hate Park so much yet love Tevez. Tevez is the center forward version of Park.

Grimson

Does a very specific and important job, and does it well. He's never going to contribute much going forward tho. His main value is retrieving over-hit crosses coming from the other wing. That's about the best thing I can say regarding that part of the game.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:18 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It surprises me that you hate Park so much yet love Tevez. Tevez is the center forward version of Park.
im not entering into a back and fourth bicker session as ive got too much work to do right now.

but tevez scores goals, get assists and works hard.

park is an attacking player with 1 attacking stat in 20 games playing in an attacking team.

Albert Tatlock

Quote:
word !

Tiberian

Quote:
Yes, 3 goals in 17 league games. Only 11 starts to be fair.

Tevez was good today, especially in the first half.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:19 PM
believe

Quote:
im not entering into a back and fourth bicker session as ive got too much work to do right now.

park is an attacking player with 1 attacking stat in 20 games playing in an attacking team.
what does anderson do?

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:25 PM
dunk

Quote:

2 more league goals than Park, Park is mainly picked for cover and to harass the opposition and create opportunities and space for the attackers as well as ensuring we win the ball back. Tevez does the same, but is expected to weigh in with more goals than defensive covering.

Both do what they are asked to do brilliantly, but you are a #@&%! and don't understand this, and therefore slag off Park.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Tevez' vision is great. Loved how he played Ronaldo in twice tonight...

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Camel

park was understatedly brilliant as usual.

i liked tevez being a lot more direct too. running at the defence trying to get past rather than looking for an easy pass. confidence from a run of games? specific instructions from saf? lack of pace in evertons defence? we're starting to play better after 10 games in about a month. it's all gravy.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:32 PM
wiganste

I'm amazed we're top of the league by 5 points when we have so many shit players in our team.

It's about time we got rid of the deadwood and got a team of galaticos.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm amazed we're top of the league by 5 points when we have so many shit players in our team.

It's about time we got rid of the deadwood and got a team of galaticos.

Unread 31-01-2009, 09:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Park is mainly picked for cover and to harass the opposition and create opportunities and space for the attackers as well as ensuring we win the ball back. Tevez does the same, but is expected to weigh in with more goals than defensive covering.

agreed. makes perfect sense too. i cant believe we are agreeing with each other.

tevez is just park playing further up the pitch.

im going to keep an eye on you from now on dunk. didnt know you were such a football sage.
Closed Thread