United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
rooney doesnt deserve to be anything.

a few blinkered english boys who see themselves in his image idolise him and see him as a player he is far of being.

he isnt by any stretch our best player,he isnt even amongst the top goal scorers this year in the premiership and he hasnt had a good -complete- whole season with us yet.

to say he is a different class to tevez is absolute %@#$&!s as tevez was arguably our better striker last season if we go off impact,stats and goals not off some genius counter argument 'we didnt lose when he started the game' and then this season tevez has hardly played at was unfairly demoted to 2nd place.

ask yourself what has rooney achieved to his give him this status as a different class to tevez.
he wasnt our best player in either of our title winning seasons and if anything we were called a one man team last season and that 'one man' wasnt rooney. he didnt even finish the ecl final last season and our hardest game over the last two seasons (barca-h-) tevez was man of the match and put in a hell of a performance.

rooney is a good player but most definately in the SAME league as tevez and nothing like the player some make him out to be.

my opinion of course.

rooney is a very good player but i dont see this super player who is our most important player. its a shame his peers, fifa, uefa, pfa, coachs around the world and the general public dont agree you lot.

one man team

Ronaldo was the best player in the world, he wasn't a one-man team

Tevez is a good player nothing more, he is nowhere near Rooney's class and yes I was worried about Rooney's performance in the ECF but he wasn't fit and any doubts about him have been removed this season

anyone who can't see that Rooney and Berbatov are on a different level to Tevez doesn't watch United often enough simple as

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
rooney doesnt deserve to be anything.

a few blinkered english boys who see themselves in his image idolise him and see him as a player he is far of being.

he isnt by any stretch our best player,he isnt even amongst the top goal scorers this year in the premiership and he hasnt had a good -complete- whole season with us yet.

to say he is a different class to tevez is absolute %@#$&!s as tevez was arguably our better striker last season if we go off impact,stats and goals not off some genius counter argument 'we didnt lose when he started the game' and then this season tevez has hardly played at was unfairly demoted to 2nd place.

ask yourself what has rooney achieved to his give him this status as a different class to tevez.
he wasnt our best player in either of our title winning seasons and if anything we were called a one man team last season and that 'one man' wasnt rooney. he didnt even finish the ecl final last season and our hardest game over the last two seasons (barca-h-) tevez was man of the match and put in a hell of a performance.

rooney is a good player but most definately in the SAME league as tevez and nothing like the player some make him out to be.

my opinion of course.

rooney is a very good player but i dont see this super player who is our most important player. its a shame his peers, fifa, uefa, pfa, coachs around the world and the general public dont agree you lot.

Marlo, you've always slated Rooney and whatever anyone says with regards to his achievements at United, you're just going to have a reason for writing it off.For example, if someone says "Well, there's not many trophies Wazza hasn't won" you'll say "That's because he's surrounded by great players"

And if someone says "Well, what about all the match winning performances and goals?", you'll say "The opposition was shit".

Rooney has had 3 serious injuries during his United career and has still been phenonminal.

You do the same with Berbatov.He scores a winning goal, you congratulate the players who you like (Tevez).Tevez scores a winner, and Tevez gets all the credit.And the less said about assists, the better.

Most people on here can acknowledge the quality we have without talking down a United legend.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:47 PM
user_name

Quote:
wasnt rooney. he didnt even finish the ecl final last season and our hardest game over the last two seasons (barca-h-) tevez was man of the match and put in a hell of a performance.

Rooney was never fully fit after the Blackburn match. Am I wrong about that?

He tried to drag United over the line away to Chelsea when he could hardly walk.... And almost did.

You really do sell him short. Incredible player.

BTW Tevez was MOM home to Barca for doing exactly what Rooney had been doing in the previous ECL matches when he was fit.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
Rooney was never fully fit after the Blackburn match. Am I wrong about that?

He tried to drag United over the line away to Chelsea when he could hardly walk.... And almost did.

You really do sell him short. Incredible player.

BTW Tevez was MOM home to Barca for doing exactly what Rooney had been doing in the previous ECL matches when he was fit.
Rudy Fernandez

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:52 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Rudy Fernandez

as £#%&!

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:52 PM
marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
our best striker hands down.

works his socks off.

has a killer shot, abliet it hitting the keeper more often then not.

superb @ playing with his back to goal, rarely bullied off the ball.

saf should find a way to fit rooney in if he can, but not at the expense of tevez.
spot on.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Marlo, you've always slated Rooney and whatever anyone says with regards to his achievements at United, you're just going to have a reason for writing it off.For example, if someone says "Well, there's not many trophies Wazza hasn't won" you'll say "That's because he's surrounded by great players"

And if someone says "Well, what about all the match winning performances and goals?", you'll say "The opposition was shit".

Rooney has had 3 serious injuries during his United career and has still been phenonminal.

You do the same with Berbatov.He scores a winning goal, you congratulate the players who you like (Tevez).Tevez scores a winner, and Tevez gets all the credit.And the less said about assists, the better.

Most people on here can acknowledge the quality we have without talking down a United legend.
he isnt phenonminal at all. he is a very good player but far from phenominal.
he isnt even out 'special' player. one 'top dog' etc
that would be ronaldo and on the evidence of since tevez has been here you could argue tevez is 2nd to ronny.

tevez saved west ham from relegation scoring at old trafford and at stamford bridge and with no preseason kept us afloat while rooney was injured. he then went on to score some vital goals and finished the season strong.(best player against barcelona and then running himself into the floor and scoring our first penalty in the final, while rooney was subbed for being inneffective and wasteful in possession)
im not playing them off against each other im just saying rooney is not in a different league to tevez.

and then kevin is saying berbatov is also in a different class to tevez.
do me a £#%&!ing favour.
we are talking about a player who hasnt won anything credible in his life and is just 6 months into his first season at a big club.
tevez has won it all in south america and also in england. a player who is a established international and held in high esteem in a country that have given football its best ever player.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
has a killer shot, abliet it hitting the keeper more often then not.
Not having a pop Tronics as I love the lad but that's not really a compliment. Could easily infer that he can hit the ball well enough but his finishing isn't the best.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
he isnt phenonminal at all. he is a very good player but far from phenominal.
he isnt even out 'special' player. one 'top dog' etc
that would be ronaldo and on the evidence of since tevez has been here you could argue tevez is 2nd to ronny.

tevez saved west ham from relegation scoring at old trafford and at stamford bridge and with no preseason kept us afloat while rooney was injured. he then went on to score some vital goals and finished the season strong.(best player against barcelona and then running himself into the floor and scoring our first penalty in the final, while rooney was subbed for being inneffective and wasteful in possession)
im not playing them off against each other im just saying rooney is not in a different league to tevez.

and then kevin is saying berbatov is also in a different class to tevez.
do me a £#%&!ing favour.
we are talking about a player who hasnt won anything credible in his life and is just 6 months into his first season at a big club.
tevez has won it all in south america and also in england. a player who is a established international and held in high esteem in a country that have given football its best ever player.
How the £#%&! do you quantify this stuff marls?

That's just such a ridiculous statement about Tevez being 'second top dog' or whatever.FFS

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
How the £#%&! do you quantify this stuff marls?

That's just such a ridiculous statement about Tevez being 'second top dog' or whatever.FFS
If we did have top dog or whatever the £#%&! it is, second (and probably third) would be a defender.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:19 PM
MUFC One Love

It's pretty clear that Rooney is a different class, his power, pace, technical ability, his vision for a 22 year old is superb, and he works just as hard as Tevez. Take away Tevez chasing every ball around, and you don't get a player who deserves all this hype. A few people say after Berbatov does anything about his you expect it for £30m etc, or thats the least you can expect. The same applies to Tevez if that logic is being used. Running around doesn't make you a £30m. He isn't a goal scorer, has no pace, and generally doesn't set the world on fire, how can he be worth £30m? (The price some people would happily pay).

And people only like Rooney 'cos he is English etc? %@#$&!s, if Rooney was foreign a few on here would love him, and the fact that Tevez has a good sounding name and lost his place to Berbatov makes him a player a few love to build up.

Like I've said, I'd sign him for the right price 'cos he fits into what we need, but the way some on here completely build him up to have a pop at Berbatov/Rooney is laughable.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Coracao

It staggers me that people actually think Tevez is on a par with Rooney. Seriously, you must watch United games with blinkers on to hold such a belief.

Then again, it is Marlo. I'm not sure he watches the games at all

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Glitter

Quote:
they werent playing well together before the injury
What about immediately before the injury where Rooney, Berbs and Ronnie linked up perfectly for the goal? Had Rooney not gone off we'd have whitewashed Wigan that night, it was all staring to come together.

When Tevez came on he couldn't read the other twos game as well and it showed.

I've nothing against Tevez, he's mint. But he's nowhere near the class of Rooney. No contest for me.

Unread 29-01-2009, 10:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It staggers me that people actually think Tevez is on a par with Rooney. Seriously, you must watch United games with blinkers on to hold such a belief.

Rooney is a phenomenon.

Ask any football manager, any player and I'd bet they'd all say the same.

Unread 29-01-2009, 11:32 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
word

Unread 30-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Tumescent Throb

Tevez is a superb player, strong in possession, technically excellent, creative and intuitive, has vision and is an excellent team player. he also scores goals, and although it seems clear that he relies on instinct and/or confidence in that department of his game, he still produces a wide range of different types of goals from the spectacular to the opportunist, and he appears to have the priceless knack of sticking the ball in the net when it really matters.

Unread 30-01-2009, 12:37 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Tevez is a superb player, strong in possession, technically excellent, creative and intuitive, has vision and is an excellent team player. he also scores goals, and although it seems clear that he relies on instinct and/or confidence in that department of his game, he still produces a wide range of different types of goals from the spectacular to the opportunist, and he appears to have the priceless knack of sticking the ball in the net when it really matters.
yes all well and good

but would you have him in the team ahead of Rooney and Berbatov??

no, thought not

Unread 30-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Ether

On his day, Rooney is clearly the superior player imo. Tevez is quality, but he doesn't offer the little extra something that Rooney has, the little moments of genius.

That said, there's no denying that for long periods last season Tevez was better than Rooney.

No idea why people constantly feel the need to belittle one in order to make a point about the other though.

Unread 30-01-2009, 01:01 AM
marlo

Quote:

do you care to tell me why rooney is so much better than tevez and tell me how you rank rooney in comparisom to ronaldo.

the only standout superior player in our team is ronaldo who in football terms is almost faultless.

Unread 30-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Coracao

Quote:
do you care to tell me why rooney is so much better than tevez and tell me how you rank rooney in comparisom to ronaldo.

Nearly every aspect of Rooney's game is superior. The only area that they are close in is finishing and work rate. If you can't see this yourself, then you probably don't know what you are looking for.

The subject is about the partnership up front, it has £#%&! all to do with Ronaldo.
Closed Thread