United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2009, 05:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
I agree. Along with Berbs and Rooney.
I'd been a little frustrated with Rooney over the past two seasons, far from the final product and last season Tevez carried him through alot of games.

Versatility is a problem for him, he does a job elsewhere and it's effected his performances, on his day he's a joy to watch but i'd like to see a little more from him.

For me Tevez is second to none, he's had some poor games this season but when he's not playing well he puts in the hard work and it helps the team.

Personally i'd like to see Wayne earn his place back and not be handed it because he's officially on our books, Tevez has done well the last couple of games and has done so previously this season (Blackburn CC, Zenit, Charity Shield) he deserves to keep his place.

Unread 29-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Pop

Wayne Rooney is the most overrated player in the world. He'll be straight back into the team regardless of whether he's worth his place, Tevez will be back on the bench and its so long Carlitos this summer.

Unread 29-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Wayne Rooney is the most overrated player in the world. He'll be straight back into the team regardless of whether he's worth his place, Tevez will be back on the bench and its so long Carlitos this summer.
Did you type something?I was too busy staring at that avatar.

Unread 29-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
he was mom against spurs and west brom and also set up the VITAL WINNER against bolton.

Assists for strikers don't count mate

Unread 29-01-2009, 07:14 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I'd been a little frustrated with Rooney over the past two seasons, far from the final product and last season Tevez carried him through alot of games.

Versatility is a problem for him, he does a job elsewhere and it's effected his performances, on his day he's a joy to watch but i'd like to see a little more from him.

For me Tevez is second to none, he's had some poor games this season but when he's not playing well he puts in the hard work and it helps the team.

Personally i'd like to see Wayne earn his place back and not be handed it because he's officially on our books, Tevez has done well the last couple of games and has done so previously this season (Blackburn CC, Zenit, Charity Shield) he deserves to keep his place.

Complete %@#$&!s. Rooney, like Tevez 'works hard', but Rooney is a different class to Tevez. He leads the line superbly and his pace and power is frightening. His vision is also miles better than Tevez' imo. Rooney is 1 of United's key players. Now Berbatov is settling down watch them both when Rooney is back.

The problem with Tevez is, whilst he is a good player, people put his 'hard work' above other attributes when discussing players, and the people who don't like Berbatov, the same people who use to moan about Carrick (who is fantastic, and is shows it regularly) will just praise Tevez as a stick to beat Berbatov with.

As I said, Tevez is a good player, but I'm sorry, just running around chasing the ball doesn't make you a 'world class' player as people call him. I'd definitely sign him permanently but not for the money that is talked about. I think he is a vital part of our squad so if we can get him cheaper it is a must.

Unread 29-01-2009, 07:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Assists for strikers don't count mate
Yep, when Berbatov makes an assist (isn't he one of the leading players with the most assists in the league?) it doesn't matter, doesn't count, but when the ball bounces off Tevez inbetween 2 defenders, and he crosses it, it's the greatest assist ever.

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Rooney Fit=Rooney Starts.
Fact.

Tevez has been playing very well, but Rooney's in a different class altogether.

Tevez doesn't deserve to be 'dropped' on recent form, but there's only 2 striking places up for grabs & Rooney's one of, if not the first name on the teamsheet.

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:44 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Absolute crock of shit.

Wait a minute, were you being sarcastic?

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:49 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Wayne Rooney is the most overrated player in the world.
How can someone everyone in the world calls overrated... be the most overrated player in the world?

(Unless you were being sarcastic.)

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:57 PM
magic_cantona

Makes me laugh this.

Tevez hits a bit of form so he's better than Rooney.

They're both awesome players for £#%&! sake.Rooneys better and more important though.Simple as that.

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

Rooney is always going to be a first pick because he desreves to be, he has been superb this season and with Berbatov forms a very good partnership

Tevez has done well the last few games but he will rightly be back on the bench when Rooney returns.....Wazza will be here for years Tevez will be gone by the summer

Unread 29-01-2009, 08:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Makes me laugh this.

Tevez hits a bit of form so he's better than Rooney.

They're both awesome players for £#%&! sake.Rooneys better and more important though.Simple as that.
Evans > Rio.......no wum

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Evans > Rio.......no wum
Agreed.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Quote:
he was mom against spurs and west brom and also set up the VITAL WINNER against bolton.
toss up between carrick and giggs for mom against west brom tevez was good though.
rooney would be the first name on my teamsheet as a striking option playing alongside tevez or bebabatov not fussed we are in great shape

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:23 PM
marlo

rooney doesnt deserve to be anything.

a few blinkered english boys who see themselves in his image idolise him and see him as a player he is far of being.

he isnt by any stretch our best player,he isnt even amongst the top goal scorers this year in the premiership and he hasnt had a good -complete- whole season with us yet.

to say he is a different class to tevez is absolute %@#$&!s as tevez was arguably our better striker last season if we go off impact,stats and goals not off some genius counter argument 'we didnt lose when he started the game' and then this season tevez has hardly played at was unfairly demoted to 2nd place.

ask yourself what has rooney achieved to his give him this status as a different class to tevez.
he wasnt our best player in either of our title winning seasons and if anything we were called a one man team last season and that 'one man' wasnt rooney. he didnt even finish the ecl final last season and our hardest game over the last two seasons (barca-h-) tevez was man of the match and put in a hell of a performance.

rooney is a good player but most definately in the SAME league as tevez and nothing like the player some make him out to be.

my opinion of course.

rooney is a very good player but i dont see this super player who is our most important player. its a shame his peers, fifa, uefa, pfa, coachs around the world and the general public dont agree you lot.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Whalefish

We've got three very good strikers, end of. They'll all get enough games and I just hope the @#%&!s sign Tevez outright. Failing that bring Darren Bent in.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:28 PM
marlo

we have three strikers. two very good ones and one good one.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Tronics

our best striker hands down.

works his socks off.

has a killer shot, abliet it hitting the keeper more often then not.

superb @ playing with his back to goal, rarely bullied off the ball.

saf should find a way to fit rooney in if he can, but not at the expense of tevez.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
we have three strikers. two very good ones and one good one.
The good one being Tevez.

Unread 29-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
The good one being Tevez.
Closed Thread