United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:20 PM
TheNew

Thumbs down Stuart Mathieson in the MEN

gave Anderson a 5 last night.

I thought he was arguably our best player. Pretty much played on his own in midfield as Gibson was pretty much a non entity.

Either I'm a £#%&!wit or Mathieson is.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

You will fit in very well round here.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew

I thought he was arguably our best player. Pretty much played on his own in midfield as Gibson was pretty much a non entity.

5?? ridiculous, he was our 2nd best player, tevez was 1st imo.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
5?? ridiculous, he was our 2nd best player, tevez was 1st imo.
lol

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Baron

Quote:

less fussed about the Anderson score, he was OK. But Gibson... £#%&! a doodle do. There's not a chance in £#%&!ing hell he can get in the starting XI at Wembley... surely?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Whalefish

Played very well. Would have given Giggs MOTM. Second half Tevez and Nani seemed to drop a gear. Both very impressive first half but it looked like they had stayed back in the dressing room for much of the second half. Wasn't until they got the penalty that they suddenly sprang into life again. Minor quibble though.

Gibson's arse fell out everytime he got within 25 yards of the Derby goal. Very disappointing from him, far too conservative with his passing and in some cases far too shit.

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
lol
if only he was a bland and distinctly average british midfielder you would rate him eh?

Fuzzy Dunlop

I thought Gibbo was alright last night. Got stuck in a lot before the game became a stroll at 3-0. Had a shade of Carrick about him. But no, can't see him making it at a higher level.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
lol
go on then, let me guess, either giggs or o'shit were MOTM?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:25 PM
marlo

gibson is terrible tbh.
i dont even think he is premiership quality. a championship career awaits him imo.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

i thought anderson was garbage last night, as were gibson and welbeck.

tevez and rafael were our two best players, imo.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I thought Gibbo was alright last night. Got stuck in a lot before the game became a stroll at 3-0. Had a shade of Carrick about him. But no, can't see him making it at a higher level.
I got a text from a mate saying he thought he looked like Carrick. From a distance. & it was a shame he couldn't play like him.

He was basically just gash. Couldn't pass for £#%&!ing toffees.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:28 PM
carlosartorial

I thought Anderson was bobbins again last night, didn't bother mentioning it because if his performance consisted solely of crapping into his hand and smearing it on his face most people off here would still applaud wildly.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I thought Anderson was bobbins again last night, didn't bother mentioning it because if his performance consisted solely of crapping into his hand and smearing it on his face most people off here would still applaud wildly.
rofl

I thought he was playing on his tod though, with Derby packing the middle he moved it quickly enough - he looked like Pele compared to Gibson in all honesty.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:30 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i thought anderson was garbage last night, as were gibson and welbeck.

tevez and rafael were our two best players, imo.
Yep - got to agree with that. I was gutted when Rafael went off because it was probably his best game for us to date. I also though Evans did well until he got injured.

Giggs & Nani had decent 1st halves. Nani was toss in the 2nd half.

Tevez mom for me.

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
it's funny coz it's true

That Boy Ronaldo!

Thought Anderson was fantastic last night.

Even winning 3-0 he was %@#$&!ing other players for not helping out.

Said it many times, add goals to his game and he's a complete midfielder, his first goal will do him the world of good.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:32 PM
TheNew

Very interesting the completely contrasting opinions here. He was either quality, or complete garbage.

Maybe we're all complete £#%&!wits?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:34 PM
marlo

Quote:
Very interesting the completely contrasting opinions here. He was either quality, or complete garbage.

Maybe we're all complete £#%&!wits?
anyone who thinks anderson was crap last night knows nothing about football or how to play in midfield.

its a simple as that.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:34 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
gibson is terrible tbh.
i dont even think he is premiership quality. a championship career awaits him imo.
Acouple of games and the young lad is written off

Whether he makes the grade or doesn't is open to debate

What isn't is however is how adloescent,impatient and clueless your snap judgements are
Closed Thread