United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Back at the airport everyone was gutted. A few fans are singing, ‘It’s just like watching City.’ They were loyal Reds; they weren’t being abusive, they were taking the piss because that was the mood. The United players were going through Departures at the time and one kid where I’m stood says something to them. Next thing, David Beckham strides over as though he’s the main man. ‘Who are you?’ he says to this kid. ‘Call yourself a United fan?’ The kid didn’t know what to say but I went straight over. ‘Who the £#%&! do you think you are, you seventy grand a week, overpaid bastard? £#%&! off before you get knocked out.’ He had a £#%&!ing cheek after that performance, having a go at someone who had paid money to follow the team. Beckham quickly sized up the situation, turned on his heels and scuttled off, followed by me hurling more abuse.
"Fans" threatening violence was the beginning of the end of Beckham at United imo.

Unread 02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
IsaacHunt

I can only think of Crespo and Veron that have one Serie A and The Premier League, Beckham to have won La Liga and the Prem, Zidane and Figo to have La Liga and Serie A. I don't think anyone has won all three (probably others to have done Italy and Spain).

Unread 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Gavp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacHunt
I can only think of Crespo and Veron that have one Serie A and The Premier League, Beckham to have won La Liga and the Prem, Zidane and Figo to have La Liga and Serie A. I don't think anyone has won all three (probably others to have done Italy and Spain).
Makelele has won Prem & La Liga & CL

Unread 02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
"Fans" threatening violence was the beginning of the end of Beckham at United imo.
Nothing to do with the fact Solskjaer was keeping him out of the team then? Or the fact his wife had been telling people for ages they were either going to Spain or Italy and when GMTV interviewed shortly after Beckham denied he wanted out, when they asked if he would be playing in Spain next year she said no whilst nodding her head?

Don't be fooled into thinking Beckham was hard done to. We back dated his pay rise costing us millions and within a few weeks he was playing for Madrid which was "his dream".

Unread 02-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Back at the airport everyone was gutted. A few fans are singing, ‘It’s just like watching City.’ They were loyal Reds; they weren’t being abusive, they were taking the piss because that was the mood. The United players were going through Departures at the time and one kid where I’m stood says something to them. Next thing, David Beckham strides over as though he’s the main man. ‘Who are you?’ he says to this kid. ‘Call yourself a United fan?’ The kid didn’t know what to say but I went straight over. ‘Who the £#%&! do you think you are, you seventy grand a week, overpaid bastard? £#%&! off before you get knocked out.’ He had a £#%&!ing cheek after that performance, having a go at someone who had paid money to follow the team. Beckham quickly sized up the situation, turned on his heels and scuttled off, followed by me hurling more abuse.

Slightly exaggerated.

Unread 02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Unread 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Fountz

Exclamation In answer to your thread title question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Beckham in with a chance if Milan keep their form up

Inter drew today. Milan play tonight. Can't see them pulling the gap back, but it'd be pretty funny if they did.
Can't be arsed reading through 3 pages worth, so I'll come straight out with it, and say...

Christian Panucci ??

Feel free post scornful reply if he's already been put forward.. like I give a shit !

Unread 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Slightly exaggerated.

Why?

Unread 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Can't be arsed reading through 3 pages worth, so I'll come straight out with it, and say...

Christian Panucci ??

Feel free post scornful reply if he's already been put forward.. like I give a shit !
Best answer so far.

Unfortunately, it's good but it's not right.

He never won the league with Chewsea or La Liga.

Unread 02-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Coracao

Geremi needs a Serie A title to complete the lot

I think him and Makelele are the closest ones so far.

Unread 02-02-2009, 04:34 PM
carlosartorial

If we sign Clarence Seedorf this afternoon he would have a great chance.

Unread 02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
believe

Not Premiership but SPL. Gattuso?

Unread 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Don't think he has played in Spain???

There are players who have won other titles anyway, i.e. Makelele.

Unread 02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yeah, he did really well during his spell in Spain.

Unread 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Fountz

I can picture this old warhorse of a defender that used to play for Juventus round about the time they last won the European Cup in 96, think he may have played for Chelsea, but it's Spain I'm not sure about.. his name will come to me.

It's not Thierry Henry is it ?

Actually, I know who it is... !!!!

Unread 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I can picture this old warhorse of a defender that used to play for Juventus round about the time they last won the European Cup in 96, think he may have played for Chelsea, but it's Spain I'm not sure about.. his name will come to me.

It's not Thierry Henry is it ?

Actually, I know who it is... !!!!
Who?

Unread 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Who?
Ahem... I don't ( thought it might be Didier Deschamp, he played for Valencia and Chelsea.. and obviously Juventus )

I got a feeling he may be Portugese ??

Who was that Chelsea defender a few years ago.. did a horrific tackle on someone... sure he used to play fro Real Madrid and possibly Milan ??

Unread 02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Ahem... I don't ( thought it might be Didier Deschamp, he played for Valencia and Chelsea.. and obviously Juventus )

I got a feeling he may be Portugese ??

Who was that Chelsea defender a few years ago.. did a horrific tackle on someone... sure he used to play fro Real Madrid and possibly Milan ??
I don't think anyone has done it.

Deschamps never won the premier league, nor La Liga.

Bogarde played for Barcelona, Milan and Chelsea. He won neither Serie A or The Premiership though. Not sure who else you could mean.

Unread 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Zorg

No-one's done it.
Closed Thread