United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2008, 09:06 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He didn't destroy Pompey at all. Had a decent game, yesterday Cattermole was probably the better of the two in terms of midfield play. Palacios was brilliant in the first half too. Great free kick from Deco though.

Pompey played right into their hands at the Bridge. We may not beat them tonight but I think they'll really struggle this season. They've lost Muntari and a good technical midfielder in Mendes. If their early games are anything to go by they've already resorted to hit it long to Crouch as their main tactic.

Good look Harry.

Oh, Deco is a superb player. A winner too.

They don't have John O'Shea though.

I wish that @#%&! came on here.

Unread 25-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He didn't destroy Pompey at all. Had a decent game, yesterday Cattermole was probably the better of the two in terms of midfield play. Palacios was brilliant in the first half too. Great free kick from Deco though.

Pompey played right into their hands at the Bridge. We may not beat them tonight but I think they'll really struggle this season. They've lost Muntari and a good technical midfielder in Mendes. If their early games are anything to go by they've already resorted to hit it long to Crouch as their main tactic.

Good look Harry.

Oh, Deco is a superb player. A winner too.
yep and he'll get better for them not worse

i know its very early but if we don't win i will be concerned. we dragged 3 points back off them early last year when they were in turmoil and it was at OT. Wouldn't fancy going down there with the potential of going 7 points or more back after 5 games

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:03 AM
borsuk

deco is class. this is hardly a surprise. but i think chelsea still have some problems: ballack is not finding consistency after over a year there, mikel lacks discipline, they still lack width, drogba seems to have lost some of the spark he had two years ago.

i also wonder about chelsea's physical presence this year. a couple of years ago, and still last season, though to a lesser extent, they were physically extremely hard to get on top of. they seem to have lost that - it seems possible now to physically challenge them in a way that it wasn't two years ago under maureen. that suggests that they'll have a harder time against the weaker teams this time, rather than just rolling them over effortlessly as seemed to be the case before.

as i've said many times before, i think they're going to miss makelele big time. i don't think many people appreciate what an important part of their game he was.

more importantly, i have serious doubts about scolari's ability to maintain a challenge over 9 months. it's very different from (crashing out in the quarter-finals yet again of) a short international tournament.

having said all that, they'll be our nearest challengers again. and i will be worried if they get robinho. quality out wide would really change their chances - and anyone who watched real last season knows what a difference robinho (who i didn't rate at first) made to them.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Fatboy Shrek

I like your (in depth) summary Borsuk and your (impressive) use of brackets.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:56 AM
puressence

i think chelsea will piss it this year

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

imo Deco won't impose himself on the english domestic scene much this season

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
imo Deco won't impose himself on the english domestic scene much this season
Idea stealer

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Idea stealer
you're an inspiration corrigan

Mark Corrigan

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you're an inspiration corrigan

Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
I'm thinking Veron i musy say. Underwhelming today, goal apart
Yep, i'll take that.

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Zorg

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=24

Perhaps not the most accurate post I've ever made, but still.

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
andy gray esque prediction...

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Well in Nostradamus

Unread 01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=24

Perhaps not the most accurate post I've ever made, but still.
Should have stuck to non-league mate
Closed Thread