United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
magic_cantona

Default Transfer Window Special!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...884356,00.html

Quaresma won't be playing for Inter against us then.

Expect Aguero at City any minute.

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
dunk

Arshavin on his way home.

Arsenal can't afford him

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arshavin on his way home.

Arsenal can't afford him
Link!

If true, that would be £#%&!ing piss funny.

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Link!

If true, that would be £#%&!ing piss funny.
Just been on SSN. Guy stood outside Arshavin's hotel said he has left to go to an airport to a private jet to take him back to Russia.

Apparently, Arsenal are only offering him 1/2 of what he actually wants, personal terms wise, and haven't agreed a fee with Zenit. Sky Sources say they just can't afford him.

Weird.

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Whalefish

He's already on a hefty sum at Zenit and it was reported back in the Summer if anyone wanted him they'd have to pay him a top wage.

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
dunk

I think it's funny. Arshavin has been desperately trying to get out of Zenit for a 6 months, is willing to go practically anywhere and no £#%&!er will give him the pay day he wants

Unread 02-02-2009, 10:59 AM
The Watcher

So all you lads with the day off will be sat infront of SSN watching "Transfer Dealine Day"

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:00 AM
wiganste

Arsenal have done right tbh. They have a pretty tight wage structure and if he were to earn 100k+ per week, it would cause a lot (more) of unrest in the squad.

Also, is he really that good?

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
sweetleftfoot

One good Euros?

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
No. Good player, but not even close to the likes of Kaka, Messi, Ronnie, Fabregas - the kind of players you expect to be earning £100+ grand a week.

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Arsenal have done right tbh. They have a pretty tight wage structure and if he were to earn 100k+ per week, it would cause a lot (more) of unrest in the squad.

I'd agree with that. There was speculation in the press that he'd be on about 100k a week. He's the wrong side of 25 and has yet to test himself in a league outside of Russia. A decent player but even Wenger questioned the lad's ability to settle in/adapt in the PL during the recent Euro tournament. He didn't say it, but I think he was suggesting that lad was a touch lightweight and fitness wise would struggle to play 3 games a week.

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Charlestown Rouge

No deals will be done because the £#%&!ers won't be able to get to their medicals.

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
So all you lads with the day off will be sat infront of SSN watching "Transfer Dealine Day"
No.

Quote:

Good player.

If I was an Arse fan though, I'd be £#%&!ing fuming.Clear as day that they're struggling and need a quality signing.£#%&! the purse strings maybe?Might be the diff between 4th or 5th place.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I am at the minute, as I am waiting to set off on my walk through the snow to pick my car up. I will be PS3-ing on my return.

Quote:

I'm not sure he is that special, and don't see why Arsenal want him or need him. You are right though, they are doing the right thing, can't help but think that he is after a massive payday more than anything else.

forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
One good Euros?
No he wanted about 100,000 good euros

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
No deals will be done because the £#%&!ers won't be able to get to their medicals.
Didn't the Divs sign Robinho without him taking a medical?

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
No.

Good player.

If I was an Arse fan though, I'd be £#%&!ing fuming.Clear as day that they're struggling and need a quality signing.£#%&! the purse strings maybe?Might be the diff between 4th or 5th place.
I'm not doubting his ability. The question was a bit rhetorical.

I've seen for myself what he can do. I've also seen him go missing in arguably the biggest game of his career (Spain Euro 08)

What I meant was - Is he really worth all the hassle of breaking the wage structure at Arsenal, thus causing a massive knock on effect with the bigger names at Highbury?

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
dunk

What's the chances of the Divs hijacking the Arshavin deal? Having the Private Jet re-directed to Manchester and paying through the nose for another half pint attacking player.

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I'm not doubting his ability. The question was a bit rhetorical.

I've seen for myself what he can do. I've also seen him go missing in arguably the biggest game of his career (Spain Euro 08)

What I meant was - Is he really worth all the hassle of breaking the wage structure at Arsenal, thus causing a massive knock on effect with the bigger names at Highbury?
Not sure mate.

They need something though, and £#%&!ing quick.They look dead on their feet.No inspiration, no idea's at times.

Arsenal not qualifying for the CL next season?The knock on of that might be greater than the arrival of Arshavin.

Saying that, it'd be funny as £#%&! seeing them finish 5th.

Unread 02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Spaniard

Technically Arshavin is very gifted, but is he what they need when Rosicky and Walcott are due to come back soon?

He is on £90,000 a week at Zenit apparently.

Re: Wenger's comments about Arshavin at the Euros, I think he was playing devils advocate.
Closed Thread