Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Terry Silver

Default Keane dropped from the Scouser's squad

for tomorrow, according to the Sundays.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:37 AM
wiganste

I've got a funny feeling he's not really rated there and hasn't really got a future

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:39 AM
koppas

Will be back at Spurs on Monday.

Switching Off

Give Rafa full control over transfers. £20m and he doesnt play him. Idiot.

Mark Corrigan

On his way back to spuds.

yhih4th

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:40 AM
koppas

Beat you it Corrigan.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Grimson

It's another timely distraction for Liverpool and makes Rafa look even more clueless. I have no love for Robbie Keane but you have to feel he's been a little hard done. He hasn't produced but then hasn't been given much of a chance.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Beat you it Corrigan.
Got your finger on the pulse you mate

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:44 AM
koppas

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Give Rafa full control over transfers. £20m and he doesnt play him. Idiot.
Rafa claims that he didn't want Keane. Not sure if this is Rafa doing a Pontius Pilate - akin to Mourinho swiftly revising his opinion on Shevchenko when the latter turned out to be shite - but he has definitely been treating him like a @#%&! of late.

Rafa's man-management style is shockingly poor. A couple of years ago he was treating Gerrard like a @#%&! in order to prove who was boss, but it didn't get a positive reaction from the player, thus Rafa wasn't doing his job.

Keane has gone from being worshipped at Spurs to being treated like a ginger step-child at Liverpool. Hardly going to bring the best out of him. The one decent performance he put in (aside from against a very poor Bolton side) was when he scored at the Emirates, where his motivation was provided by the Arsenal fans booing his every touch (likewise Bentley at Spurs only decent game was in the same circumstances).

Not that I'm complaining!

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:48 AM
koppas

Keane is hardly the player a board would go out and get without backing from the manager. Unless his father is American. Which i dont think he is.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Keane is hardly the player a board would go out and get without backing from the board. Unless his father is American. Which i dont think he is.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Switching Off

Either way, its £#%&!ing funny. Im always amazed that when somebody is so publicly an idiot, even though everybody else knows, they are the last to figure it out.

David Icke>Rafa Benitez.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:51 AM
koppas

Backing from the manager. Seen my arse there tbh.

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

Keane played most of the games early season

and was £#%&!

Unread 01-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Gruber

He was the missing piece of the jigsaw back in August

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Keane played most of the games early season

and was £#%&!
Some who don't toe the "I never doubted Berba"/"Berba's been great all season" line would say the same thing about him. But I take your point.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Alan

By all accounts Parry signed Keane instead of Barry, hence all this 'I want full control' stuff from fatty arbuckle.

I know a few Spurs fans who think re-signing him is odd as he and Defoe never played well together.

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Tumescent Throb

some who go to matches didn't rate Bubber until a few eeks ago, and some still don't

not sure what line you're on about toeing tbh

Bubber has been doing all season what he's still doing now

incidentally, the movement around Bubber today was unbelievably badly timed, which says to me there's still a way to go before the team clicks properly

Unread 01-02-2009, 02:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there's still a way to go before the team clicks properly
yup. although when rooney and evra are fit, it will help. then we just need a left wing.
Closed Thread