United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
ZiggyStardust

Football Utd's Current Style and Tactics: WTF is Going On

I think after tonight's "performance" we need to seriously discuss what has happened to our style of play and tactics.

For many years Fergie tried to get us to play a more fluid and controlled style of passing football for better results in europe.
It took awhile and some disappoints but between 2006-07 to 2009-10 we finally seemed to have cracked it.

For some bizare reason Fergie decided last season to go back to a rigid 442 formation again after all hard work getting us to play another type of football.

This has continued into this season and even though we may stilll win the league it has been depressing to watch.

So why do you think Fergie has gone back to 442 and what does the coming seasons hold for our style of play and tactics

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Withers

£#%&! off Micky.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
rebelcountyred

dementia

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think after tonight's "performance" we need to seriously discuss what has happened to our style of play and tactics.

For many years Fergie tried to get us to play a more fluid and controlled style of passing football for better results in europe.
It took awhile and some disappoints but between 2006-07 to 2009-10 we finally seemed to have cracked it.

For some bizare reason Fergie decided last season to go back to a rigid 442 formation again after all hard work getting us to play another type of football.

This has continued into this season and even though we may stilll win the league it has been depressing to watch.

So why do you think Fergie has gone back to 442 and what does the coming seasons hold for our style of play and tactics
errr

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
borsuk

oh god

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

I just assumed that Fergie tells them "Play crap" before every match.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

The football's £#%&!ing shit and has been for years, but it's still reasonably successful and we can't afford the players to change it so we're stuck with this turd.

We'll buy nothing of note in the summer and it'll be another nine months of boring, joyless football next season. Fantastic.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The football's £#%&!ing shit and has been for years, but it's still reasonably successful and we can't afford the players to change it so we're stuck with this turd.

We'll buy nothing of note in the summer and it'll be another nine months of boring, joyless football next season. Fantastic.
To be fair we played well in August so it will only be eight months of crap this season.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM
BarryX

sometimes I think being a Utd fan must be like being a Steps fan. They're still rocking leisure centres up and down the country, and singing a great plethora of pop hits, but something about them is just not the same these days.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
To be fair we played well in August so it will only be eight months of crap this season.
Pre-season and a couple of games in August are what I'll cherish most about this season.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:56 PM
bored

back to the drawing board imo. drop everyone and fire fergie, get kids in off the street who 'want' it more. outrage. absolutely seething here.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I just assumed that Fergie tells them "Play crap" before every match.
Testament to how useless they are ending up at the top of the league by 5 points with 5 games left. They're not playing crap enough.

Rooney actually playing up front with Carrick, Scholes and Clev in midfield for the next 2 games at least which should hopefully mean we control the game in the middle a bit better. Cheech and Welbz's form (they don't look like playing themselves out of it either atm) and the fact Berbs is being shunned means 442 isn't really an option now.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
back to the drawing board imo. drop everyone and fire fergie, get kids in off the street who 'want' it more. outrage. absolutely seething here.
Last time we tried that we ended up with Bebe.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
ScarFace

We need two new strikers. Wellshit and Chich are now bobbins.

Add that to a central midfielder and thats it.

Unread 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
bored

Quote:
Last time we tried that we ended up with Bebe.
I'd have 11 bebe's before I'd have that shower. At least Bebe is hungry. Ok so maybe it's not always for the ball.

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We need two new strikers. Wellshit and Chich are now bobbins.

Add that to a central midfielder and thats it.
There is nothing wrong with the midfield tbf

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Testament to how useless they are ending up at the top of the league by 5 points with 5 games left. They're not playing crap enough.

Rooney actually playing up front with Carrick, Scholes and Clev in midfield for the next 2 games at least which should hopefully mean we control the game in the middle a bit better. Cheech and Welbz's form (they don't look like playing themselves out of it either atm) and the fact Berbs is being shunned means 442 isn't really an option now.
If only that were true

£#%&!ing hell I miss Fletcher and O'Shea

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
There is nothing wrong with the midfield tbf
I'm concerned
Carrick needs scholes
Scholes and Giggs aren't the future
The brand is never fit
Anderson isn't ever going to be consistent enough
Pogba isn't getting a chance and could be off
Park is £#%&!
I don't know what jones is anymore
Petrucci will never get a chance etc

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:10 PM
bored

5-4-1 asap, we are haemorrhoidal here...we need to stem the flow

rio as sweeper/libero

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
5-4-1 asap, we are haemorrhoidal here...we need to stem the flow

rio as sweeper/libero
We've conceded 1 goal in the last 8 and a half hours or something...
Closed Thread