United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:02 PM
pedr0

hope the manager goes and tears strips off them in there. can excuse being rusty but we were so lazy, disorganised, casual.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They’re not fit, nowhere near. Going to take 2-3 weeks at least.

3 points on the board
Isn’t that what pre season is for?

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

A win and a clean sheet

Sandman

That was utter shite.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
hope the manager goes and tears strips off them in there. can excuse being rusty but we were so lazy, disorganised, casual.
I can see him dusting off his running daps again.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
As far as we are concerned, making money. And it has long been thus.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You would think, but instead we £#%&! off round the World and don’t play minutes in an attempt to offset the travelling. Been happening for years.

ZiggyStardust

….and breath

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us play worse in a win
Everything was wrong with that performance other than the result

How do you explain players of that calibre all playing that badly in the same game
No composure or structure to our play
Looked like a bunch of boys playing men with how they kept muscling us off the ball and strolling through our midfield

We might have won but that has really dampened my expectations for the season
Honestly can’t understand how bad we were
Hope we had a bug that’s infected the whole team as otherwise Spurs will be licking their lips at the prospect of tearing into us

Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Another shit counter attack.
That has been the story of most of our play tonight sadly but thankfuly they have just about done enough to win on the night but obviously their is a heck of a lot of room for improvment in so many aspects of our play.

Big Norm

Well that was appalling. No idea how we won tbh.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:04 PM
Finport Red

That penalty incident will give everyone something to talk about for the next week, like the handball in the first half would’ve done if it had happened at the other end of the pitch.

Lee Dickson and some other tedious nonentity almost in tears at the end here. Super.

Shaw, Antony, Bruno, rashford, garnacho - all absolutely terrible. The rest, with the exception of Varane, AWB and Onana, were just terrible.

3 points up on last season though, already.

Cheeky bid for Wolves midfield before the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:05 PM
silv

indeed, three points up on last season and a defenders goal

always good things

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:06 PM
red in cumbria

And can we stop saying "if we play like that against so and so".

Because we won't. Obviously.

We were on a hiding to nothing tonight against a team we were expected to beat easily, but had the classic "new manager bounce".

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:06 PM
Bunker Buster

3 points and a clean sheet for my mentalist Onana....

Other than that..... Very lazy and tepid from most of them, played better in pre season....

Got to give wolves credit, they were everything weren't...

Also, why's it almost midnight !

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:07 PM
20LEgend1999

Golden gloves are staying in Manchester

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:07 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he made one brave take, but he should have conceded a penalty. the defence played well - shaw and wan b both made numerous blocks and varane headed loads clear. we need a £#%&!ing midfield. now. yesterday. last year.
He should have conceded the pen because the useless @#%&!s in front of him weren’t clearing the ball so he tried to come out and claim it himself.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:08 PM
marlo

at least this has been the reality check you lot needed.

we are very bad.

Imagine when we actually play decent sides.

We wont even be able to keep the ball because our midfield is ridiculous and then our outlets on counter attacks are rashford and Antony. Big trouble.

Unread 14-08-2023, 10:09 PM
jem

it would be fair to say that it is not a knee-jerk reaction to suggest we need a solid, competent midfield and proper centre forward.

mount was neat enough, but he is absolutely not the kind of player we need. we need bite.

Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As far as we are concerned, making money. And it has long been thus.
It is about time the club changed their attitude we're all these pre-season games in various country's are concerned but sadly I don't think it will happen any of our lifetime's.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
….and breath

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us play worse in a win
Everything was wrong with that performance other than the result

How do you explain players of that calibre all playing that badly in the same game
No composure or structure to our play
Looked like a bunch of boys playing men with how they kept muscling us off the ball and strolling through our midfield

We might have won but that has really dampened my expectations for the season
Honestly can’t understand how bad we were
Hope we had a bug that’s infected the whole team as otherwise Spurs will be licking their lips at the prospect of tearing into us
This was a concerning feature of last season, especially away in big games. You can carry one or two, but too many times 5 or 6 of them will have absolute stinkers.

23 shots on goal from Wolves. The most at Old Trafford in 18 years.