Unread 04-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Medlock

In.
One of the few intelligent footballers

Unread 04-01-2021, 08:27 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's not back for his coaching acumen. He's back because he won stuff with United and knows "the United Way." That's what Ole has been banging the drum about since he came in. Ole wants everything around the club to be the same as it was in the Fergie heyday. It hasn't much to do with tactics, more to do with ethos imo.
Vibes FC

I'm not sold on it but considering how toxic and negative things were under Mourinho I'm not surprised Ole has gone with this approach, there's not enough sage in the world that could get rid of Mourinho's stink from the last 2 years of his tenure

Unread 04-01-2021, 08:30 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
He's not back for his coaching acumen. He's back because he won stuff with United and knows "the United Way." That's what Ole has been banging the drum about since he came in. Ole wants everything around the club to be the same as it was in the Fergie heyday. It hasn't much to do with tactics, more to do with ethos imo.
This. He has been brought in for his experience and skills to implement the right attitude/way . Outside of Bruno we have no leaders in the squad . Bringing fletcher is really the only other thing he can do right now to help get the dressing room working with the correct attitude.

The other option is to sign 2 or 3 players who are leaders and good in their position which is practically impossible in January.

Unread 04-01-2021, 09:18 PM
ScarFace

The cynic in me feels we'll announce an official toilet roll sponsor soon.

Unread 04-01-2021, 10:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Nah, they were far too good for us by then whoever we had chosen. Two years earlier was the big missed chance, nqat.

Unread 05-01-2021, 07:03 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Seems to be working. I was critical of the whole 99 nostalgia obsession but putting some confidence into the players following the negativity of the previous three managers, Jose in particular, has been crucial. Making them realise how big the club is and what it can achieve and should be achieving. Bruno made reference to it after the Villa game

Unread 05-01-2021, 08:16 AM
waynes ear's

Fletchergeddon

Also, jobs for the boys £#%&!ers running the club

Unread 05-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
his interview on sky sports was one of the best things they've ever done.

I am 100% in the camp of Fit Fletcher - we beat Barca in 2011.
Its one hell of a myth. Unless you think he'd have stopped the first goal from occuring...

Edit - I know you meant 09.

Unread 05-01-2021, 08:42 AM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
how about the opinion of someone totally detached from the current setup and someone with significant experience to counter the lack of top level coaching experience we currently have .

I’m not sure how the insight from fletcher will be different from the insight from carrick for example.
It’ll be in a Scots accent?

And everyone knows football advice delivered in a scots accent is twice as effective.

Unread 05-01-2021, 10:33 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
It’ll be in a Scots accent?

And everyone knows football advice delivered in a scots accent is twice as effective.
twice as menacing - always thought should be a prerequisite to work in HR

Unread 05-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Its one hell of a myth. Unless you think he'd have stopped the first goal from occuring...

Edit - I know you meant 09.
People forget how we started the game in Rome. We were all over them and that lack of control in midfield - due to a supremely bizarre team put out by fergie - eventually cost us. It's not out of the realms of possibility to suggest we'd have done better with fletcher in the side, but then if my auntie had %@#$&!s etc.

Fletch was great from 09 for a few seasons. Far from average. Do people honestly forget how dominant we were in that period? We were a couple of final wins against a doped up barca side away from 3 CLs in 4 years ffs alongside the usual domestic showing. 1st or 2nd every season. But yeah a regular starter was just average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
his modern day equivalent within our squad will be chuffed.
The Scottish Player?

Unread 05-01-2021, 11:15 AM
92ToBury

Not just Fletch that's returned:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...title-23262937

Unread 05-01-2021, 11:51 AM
windy waffles

Roy Keane needs to join the coaching set up imo. Even just to install some fear in some of the players.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:00 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Roy Keane needs to join the coaching set up imo. Even just to install some fear in some of the players.
£#%&!ing hell can you imagine, he would have Lindelof in tears

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:28 PM
AK14

Quote:
It would be brilliant imo.

Unread 05-01-2021, 12:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
It'll end up like Treehouse of Horror V - "You didn't trap the ball properly. Detention."

Unread 05-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
keano would scare the living piss out of a few of the lads...well except Bruno

Unread 05-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
keano would scare the living piss out of a few of the lads...well except Bruno
First one to cry? Close call between lindelof , shaw or de gea

Unread 05-01-2021, 05:31 PM
Maureens P45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
First one to cry? Close call between lindelof , shaw or de gea
Pogba shortly before writing one of his #pogfeelings

Unread 05-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Palmer

Keano

Would love to see him prowling the touchline....
Closed Thread