United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:13 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
With what? Amrabat, come on. He’d probably have been a better shout than Erickson but they still walk over us.
Could have played him over Antony for a more compact set up.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:15 PM
Sparky***

If that clown show turn up to the cup final and beat the most ruthless, dominant side in the country with the best manager in the world in charge of them then, honestly, it'll be the most incredible thing i've seen in football.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taibi
Let’s be honest, a decision will have been made about 10H’s future. We’re just twiddling our thumbs till 115 FC stick four or five past us at Wembley to continue their “fairytale” and it’s shit. This isn’t United. For all the deserved shit the Glazers, Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold got, they wouldn’t have settled for this. Sack him, everyone’s tossed it in, we might as well let literally anyone get through the last four games, we might actually show some %@#$&!s in them.
Not sure if serious??

They are THE major explanation of why all "this" is happening.

This club is literally a dividend extraction machine for our "great owners" and *nothing* else. We have new people running the football side of things, who are going to come to some considered decisions about what is best for the club* soon. Knee-jerkery such as yours is missing the wood for the trees.

(*though this most emphatically does NOT involve replacing EtH with Southgate, mind)

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:17 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
To start Antony I can just about get on board with, but to then keep him on after the first half display was pretty indefensible.

Anyway, I think we are splitting hairs is my point, we have too many injuries and switching a couple here and there wouldn’t have changed much overall tonight.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:17 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not sure if serious??

They are the major part of why THIS is happening.

This club is literally a dividend extraction machine for our "great owners" and *nothing* else. We have new people running the football side of things, who are going to come to some considered decisions about what is best for the club* soon. Knee-jerkery such as yours is missing the wood for the trees.

(*though this most emphatically does NOT involve replacing EtH with Southgate, mind)
can you blame the glazers for that?

£200 million £#%&!ing quid for Onana, Mount and Casemiro

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
With what? Amrabat, come on. He’d probably have been a better shout than Erickson but they still walk over us.
I don’t think so.

Eriksen leaving space and Casemiro jumping in like a moron on the first one.

Casemiro going out wide to the RB position and a triangle passing three between idiots in a tight space and we get found with huge space again .

Third ok maybe Dalot could be stronger nothing to do with set up

Fourth Casemiro tries to play out and gets caught maybe having a three mad midfield there’s less room.

I think 2 of the goals were down to poor ability in defence but the first two were a tactical thing . Have two players or even just a 4-5-1 playing where if the full back goes there’s a midfielder to occupy space or the defensive mid can drop in if Evans and Casemiro do move out wide.

But he hasn’t changed it all season he won’t change it now . The manager has played a part in his inevitable sacking . Bigger issue are the board and transfers but ETH doesn’t help himself

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

Panic buying after they had indolently neglected to pursue the manager's main targets, you mean??

Yup, that's the gimps we know and love - summer after summer.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Panic buying after they had indolently neglected to pursue the manager's main targets, you mean??

Yup, that's the gimps we know and love - summer after summer.
This is actually a good point, I think Casemiro was the third target after de jong and Rabiot.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Riccers dropping truth bombs all over the thread

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:21 PM
My Name is Heath

This is the worse United team of my life.

Sexton, Big Ron….we always had character and fight.

This shower of shite..utter frauds.

Like a timekeeping device you wear on your wrist that’s been covered in spikes….that was a painful watch.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
you can't explain set-up to some people.

Quote:
To start Antony I can just about get on board with, but to then keep him on after the first half display was pretty indefensible.

Anyway, I think we are splitting hairs is my point, we have too many injuries and switching a couple here and there wouldn’t have changed much overall tonight.
starting antony was nonsense. and it's not splitting hairs. with the players available, we could have picked a better team, played more sensibly and not been embarrassed. a couple of simple and obvious changes would have made a difference.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:22 PM
Taibi

Quote:
Not sure if serious??

They are THE major explanation of why all "this" is happening.

They’d have sacked the egg head bastard weeks ago.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:22 PM
Buck

Hopefully the next time we play at this ground Olise and Eze are in the United team. They're outstanding footballers and have the ability, flair and self belief that we are crying out for in attacking areas.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:23 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
£#%&! off blaming injuries

if we’ve got two snails in defence then give them a bit of protection ffs
Robert Schnecke and Philipe L’Escargot are available from Schalke and Marseilles respectively in the summer for reasonable prices. Could do worse.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Riccers dropping truth bombs all over the thread
Ngl, people actually indulging in pro-Glazers/Woodward revisionism is just too much. So many have the memories of goldfish these days

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:25 PM
pedr0

Quote:
That’s it, tonight was horrible but just look at the team sheet. We can argue Amrabat here or Amad there but - Casemiro and Evans at CB. That’s before we talk about Antony, AWB, Ericksen.

Yes, it’s not very good before now but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such an injury ravaged squad.

Ineos have a lot of work to do.
don't fully buy this because there is no sign of him making adjustments to how he sets up to mitigate the injury crisis. amrabat instead of eriksen is an obvious example, but also playing the full backs narrower and on their correct side, having mount man-mark olise, etc

tonight called for maximum discipline, as will the cup final. we've had over a week to prepare. there were absolutely no signs that he can come up with a specific game plan and get the players to execute it.

he's done.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Hopefully the next time we play at this ground Olise and Eze are in the United team. They're outstanding footballers and have the ability, flair and self belief that we are crying out for in attacking areas.
Agree.

We should have had Eze ages ago.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Extremely confident we’ll coach that out of them 👍

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:27 PM
NedKelly

Was always going to be a tough game away from home. We go again.

Unread 06-05-2024, 10:29 PM
Stickman

Quote:

I beg to differ. A thrashing was completely avoidable. Will all of the injuries, any manager worth their salt would go pragmatic. He just sends us out in the same shape with the same “playing style” every single week