Default Re: who was motm today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
pablo mills for crawley, according to ITV
ta

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:00 AM
RedMenace

If at gunpoint I had to pick a Utd player then Wes. Smalling was good too even though he wasn't on all that long. Looked like a player playing a team four levels below him unlike most of the others. Fabio and Rafael were ok whilst on too though the former should have scored.

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Neo

I wonder if Bebe will start against Marseille, or whether Fergie will save him for Chelsea?

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:04 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: who was motm today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
If at gunpoint I had to pick a Utd player then Wes. Smalling was good too even though he wasn't on all that long. Looked like a player playing a team four levels below him unlike most of the others. Fabio and Rafael were ok whilst on too though the former should have scored.
Agree with all that.
Love Wes ...never £#%&!ing moans about his injuries & various setbacks. Captained the side today & scored the goal.
Terrific attitude from him & Sheasey I thought.

Once again the problem lies in midfield - as it has done all season tbh

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Time For Heroes

Best player was Smalling who looked a class above wen he came on....worst players?

Bebe
Obertan
Rooney

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:35 AM
thatsfuctit

Biggee looks like he's going to be a class act

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:40 AM
ReligiousRed

Bebortan got it i think.

Unread 20-02-2011, 02:58 AM
ScarFace

bebe is not a footballer. we've done a southampton

Unread 20-02-2011, 10:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
bebe's agent.

Unread 20-02-2011, 11:00 AM
borsuk

thought anderson and fabio were head and shoulders above everyone else. while anderson was on we passed well, played at a good tempo and pulled their defence out of position, getting obertan especially in loads of space time and again and getting balls through to him and hernandez. as soon as he went off we turned to dogshit. fabio probably had his best game for us until the injury.

edit

just checked, fergie said anderson had a twinge in his hamstring and that's why they took him off. he's becoming a key player for us this season, when he plays we look twice the team.

Unread 20-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
bebe's agent.
apparantly Bebe hadnt seen him negotiate.

Unread 20-02-2011, 11:34 AM
jem

a bit unfair on some players. the keeper didn't make a save and every attach broke down on obertan or bebe. if we'd had nani and giggs playing, we'd have won 10-0.

I'd be tempted to give motm to gibson for his passing. but he is so £#%&!ing slow it is embarrassing.

smalling it is. although wes was good and the twins ok.

I would have given it to their left back, not mills.

Unread 20-02-2011, 01:55 PM
redmike

Rafael for me, impressed with mills and their left back though.

Unread 20-02-2011, 03:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
edit

just checked, fergie said anderson had a twinge in his hamstring and that's why they took him off. he's becoming a key player for us this season, when he plays we look twice the team.
Maybe I don't have the capacity to look as deep as you, but I just don't see it. He is a CM who doesn't score or set up goals (he has one less assist than O'Shea), his shooting is woeful, his passing in some games has been dire, and he only seems to be comfortable if he is allowed to break forward in a three.

You will obviously disagree, but I think this is more a case of him looking good if the team is doing well than the team doing well because he is good. There is a huge difference.

Sorry.

Unread 20-02-2011, 03:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
he only seems to be comfortable if he is allowed to break forward in a three.
so... how he should be played then?

Unread 20-02-2011, 03:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Maybe I don't have the capacity to look as deep as you, but I just don't see it. He is a CM who doesn't score or set up goals (he has one less assist than O'Shea), his shooting is woeful, his passing in some games has been dire, and he only seems to be comfortable if he is allowed to break forward in a three.

You will obviously disagree, but I think this is more a case of him looking good if the team is doing well than the team doing well because he is good. There is a huge difference.

Sorry.
fair enough. compare our passing, the way we moved the ball in the first half and the second. anderson was constantly shielding the ball, initiating interchanges with carrick and gibson and feeding runners with well-placed passes for them to run onto. kept us playing at tempo and we dominated the middle of the field while he was on. the difference when he went off was striking imo.

Unread 20-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fair enough. compare our passing, the way we moved the ball in the first half and the second. anderson was constantly shielding the ball, initiating interchanges with carrick and gibson and feeding runners with well-placed passes for them to run onto. kept us playing at tempo and we dominated the middle of the field while he was on. the difference when he went off was striking imo.
Our best performances this season have come with Anderson orchestrating play. He needs to be the conductor though, he and Carrick have looked our best and most natural pair, Carrick sitting with Anderson setting a tempo and energy into the game.

He has not looked as effective or comfortable in a 3, not as sure of his role or responsibilities, peripheral even.

He made such a good impact when he came back into the team but has been overlooked recently in favour of an out of form Fletcher and Scholes. Played poorly at West Brom in a terrible team performance and struggled to get back in.
Closed Thread