United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Sparky***

The ironic thing is that they could have played a £#%&!ing traffic cone in goal these first 2 games for all they've had to do.

Unread 16-08-2016, 09:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Was speaking to a City fan about this today who was sympathetic towards Hart but reckons he hasn't improved his distribution at all over the years. It's obvious to me that City have done an awful job of preparing for Pep, but if Hart saw this coming and has put in no extra work on the training ground then he deserves everything he gets.

Though as we've seen with Smalling, it's £#%&!ing hard to improve a donkey on the ball

Unread 16-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was speaking to a City fan about this today who was sympathetic towards Hart but reckons he hasn't improved his distribution at all over the years. It's obvious to me that City have done an awful job of preparing for Pep, but if Hart saw this coming and has put in no extra work on the training ground then he deserves everything he gets.

Though as we've seen with Smalling, it's £#%&!ing hard to improve a donkey on the ball
you sound like you're thinking guardiola is quite likely to fail at city and are preparing your excuses.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

They've been preparing for pep for years. Literally years. The whole set up of the club from the multi million pond training facilities up - can't think of any other manager who has been 'more prepared for'.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They've been preparing for pep for years. Literally years. The whole set up of the club from the multi million pond training facilities up - can't think of any other manager who has been 'more prepared for'.
They have been training in a way totally alien to his way of training and have a squad full of players not suited to his style.

Not sure that really counts as preparing for his arrival. Hoping he's coming isn't the same as preparing properly.

Throb - I don't especially expect him to fail there. But I said even last season that United were a better fit for him as a team, which was part of the reason I felt he was gettable if we'd been remotely alive to the situation.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
that's exact;ly what i said the other day - the entire staff was geared up over a few seasons to prep the club for him

s/side seems to think they should have had a droid version of guardiola taking training sessions for the last 3 years and half of the barcelona 2009 team cryogenically preserved for his arrival

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that's exact;ly what i said the other day - the entire staff was geared up over a few seasons to prep the club for him

s/side seems to think they should have had a droid version of guardiola taking training sessions for the last 3 years and half of the barcelona 2009 team cryogenically preserved for his arrival
What staff?

Guardiola has brought in a whole backroom staff of his own.

Again, thinking/knowing he's coming is not really preparing for it.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:35 PM
browser

Dunno if it's been mentioned already but apparently Pep's gk coach set up specific training around trapping a ball and pinging it out to the flanks, both Hart and caballero got whupped by the youth team keeper, Harts control was embarrassingly poor apparently

Here's hoping Fat Sam gives him the boot too. Forster should be starting imo

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Dunno if it's been mentioned already but apparently Pep's gk coach set up specific training around trapping a ball and pinging it out to the flanks, both Hart and caballero got whupped by the youth team keeper, Harts control was embarrassingly poor apparently
Sounds like they might not have been prepared for those types of drills

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Sounds like they might not have been prepared for those types of drills

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
They have been training in a way totally alien to his way of training and have a squad full of players not suited to his style.

Not sure that really counts as preparing for his arrival. Hoping he's coming isn't the same as preparing properly.

Throb - I don't especially expect him to fail there. But I said even last season that United were a better fit for him as a team, which was part of the reason I felt he was gettable if we'd been remotely alive to the situation.
Just like every other manager coming into a new position then? Back room wise, they've had trixy (sp?) in place for at least 2/3 years before this season and I'll be amazed if he's not been preparing the ground with indirect instructions during that time. Like I said, I can't think of any other manager more prepared but like you say, shame pellegrini didn't start signing pep's targets and training his players like pep would - maybe shaving his head and wearing a skin tight £#%&!ing cardie - very selfish of him.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
What staff?

Tbf, there's about 3 of the @#%&!s on the board or whatever that worked with the bald bastard at Barca.

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Just like every other manager coming into a new position then? Back room wise, they've had trixy (sp?) in place for at least 2/3 years before this season and I'll be amazed if he's not been preparing the ground with indirect instructions during that time. Like I said, I can't think of any other manager more prepared but like you say, shame pellegrini didn't start signing pep's targets and training his players like pep would - maybe shaving his head and wearing a skin tight £#%&!ing cardie - very selfish of him.
It's just basic common sense really.

If I'm sat in my £#%&!ing armchair wondering why a club that reckons its bringing in Pep are dropping £70m on CBs and signing up ageing full-backs who all can't play football through the back, it's a bit of a surprise that the fellas on the board didn't think twice tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Tbf, there's about 3 of the @#%&!s on the board or whatever that worked with the bald bastard at Barca.
You mean the lads who dropped £30m on Bony last January? Those lads? Better not slate them

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
What staff?

begiristan's been there at least 3 years

it's been an open secret that guardiola was heading there for at least as long

the entire set-up has been with that in mind surely

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
It's just basic common sense really.

If I'm sat in my £#%&!ing armchair wondering why a club that reckons its bringing in Pep are dropping £70m on CBs and signing up ageing full-backs who all can't play football through the back, it's a bit of a surprise that the fellas on the board didn't think twice tbh.

You mean the lads who dropped £30m on Bony last January? Those lads? Better not slate them
You just asked what staff pal, so thought I'd point them out

Unread 16-08-2016, 10:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
begiristan's been there at least 3 years

it's been an open secret that guardiola was heading there for at least as long

the entire set-up has been with that in mind surely
You'd think. That it seemingly hasn't been is really the basis of my criticism

It's not like United having Mourinho change everything, because six months before hiring Mourinho our boy Woodward was ignoring Guardiola and telling people LvG was a genius. So ours was a sudden change. They've had years to lay the groundwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You just asked what staff pal, so thought I'd point them out
You pointed out board members, pal. And they're the people I'm criticising.

Unread 16-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
You'd think. That it seemingly hasn't been is really the basis of my criticism

It's not like United having Mourinho change everything, because six months before hiring Mourinho our boy Woodward was ignoring Guardiola and telling people LvG was a genius. So ours was a sudden change. They've had years to lay the groundwork.

You pointed out board members, pal. And they're the people I'm criticising.

because it's been an open secret for at least 3 years he was going to city

Unread 16-08-2016, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
because it's been an open secret for at least 3 years he was going to city
Just as feasibly because we were intent on doing the fairytale LvG to Giggs thing.

Few people close to Guardiola reckoned he would have preferred United. Guess we'll never know, but Van Gaal wanted a two-year deal in 2014 and if we had a clue then that should have been the start of the process to rival City for Guardiola in 2016.

Basically I think both clubs - and this is hardly an earth shattering suggestion - have far more money than sense.

Unread 16-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Just as feasibly because we were intent on doing the fairytale LvG to Giggs thing.

Few people close to Guardiola reckoned he would have preferred United. Guess we'll never know, but Van Gaal wanted a two-year deal in 2014 and if we had a clue then that would have been the start of the process to rival City for Guardiola in 2016.

Basically I think both clubs - and this is hardly an earth shattering suggestion - have far more money than sense.
so basically you're ignoring what's actually happened - ie he was all set to go there for 3 years and has - and making up your own story again...

hmm, daily express i reckon

Unread 16-08-2016, 11:28 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Few people close to Guardiola reckoned he would have preferred United. Guess we'll never know, but Van Gaal wanted a two-year deal in 2014 and if we had a clue then that should have been the start of the process to rival City for Guardiola in 2016.

You talking about that book in which he said he enjoyed a match at old Trafford once?

Anyway, glad we've got Jose - pep proved himself to be a very ordinary person when he accepted the city job. £#%&! him.
Closed Thread