United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent's life. That's the idea. I want to see this great attacking football with creativity and imagination, with relentless pressing of the ball. I know what it's like because I had a team like that at Swansea. When people came to Swansea it was probably the longest 90 minutes of their life. So after 10 minutes when they hadn't had a touch of the ball they are looking at the clock and seeing only 10 minutes had gone. It's a long afternoon."

Wow, this guy is going to be easy to hate. Swansea were a good story and the press loved them, and it sounds like he has fallen for his own hype. Swansea finished bottom half with more goals shipped than scored, but got genuine comparisons with Barcelona. They also faded badly in the final third of the season, which is largely the manager's fault.
that why swansea won less than half their home games?

Unread 02-06-2012, 02:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent's life. That's the idea. I want to see this great attacking football with creativity and imagination, with relentless pressing of the ball. I know what it's like because I had a team like that at Swansea. When people came to Swansea it was probably the longest 90 minutes of their life. So after 10 minutes when they hadn't had a touch of the ball they are looking at the clock and seeing only 10 minutes had gone. It's a long afternoon."

Wow, this guy is going to be easy to hate. Swansea were a good story and the press loved them, and it sounds like he has fallen for his own hype. Swansea finished bottom half with more goals shipped than scored, but got genuine comparisons with Barcelona. They also faded badly in the final third of the season, which is largely the manager's fault.
Yeah, and the selection of total footballers among the Liverpool squad is truly jaw dropping:

Henderson
Downing syndrome
Skrtel
Kuyt
Carroll
Agger
Adam
Spearing

They're going to be like Brazil '70, aren't they?

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Grimson

"We turned the Liberty Stadium into a fortress," Rodgers went on. "Teams were so terrified of playing us, it regularly induced vomiting. David Moyes came into our dressing room and pleaded with our players. 'We never did anything to hurt you,' he said. I just told him to expect a long afternoon."

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
"We turned the Liberty Stadium into a fortress," Rodgers went on. "Teams were so terrified of playing us, it regularly induced vomiting. David Moyes came into our dressing room and pleaded with our players. 'We never did anything to hurt you,' he said. I just told him to expect a long afternoon."
what a £#%&!ing #@&%!............perfect appointment

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Woosh

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:14 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Downing syndrome

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Bellllllllllllmmmmmmm

Unread 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
no fun

" we had to have a firm of plumbers on standby on match days at the Liberty Stadium.
Teams would quite literally shit themselves before kick off, I remember when Man City played here the away dressing room was quite literally 6 inches deep in shit, piss and tampons"

Unread 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

this.

they did really well to stay up for a club of their size and played some fantastic football, but they won't do as well next season and rogers knew this, which is why he's jumped ship.

they're probably more the welsh blackpool than barcelona, tbf.

Unread 03-06-2012, 05:08 AM
borsuk

Quote:

i was thinking the same thing, what a #@&%! he sounds. still, very classy of him not to do anything underhand like hijack swansea's record transfer deal, the one they've been working on for months now and have based their whole summer strategy around.

Quote:
“If he comes onto the market, I have to be interested,” explained Rodgers.

“His initial chat has to be with Swansea, because he had a good period there.

“I said when I had the chat with the chairman (Huw Jenkins) the other day, when I told him I was going to go to Liverpool, that Gylfi came to Swansea because I was there as manager.

“I said to Huw if I speak to the kid I’ll tell him to make sure he certainly comes down and speaks to the new (Swansea) manager, whoever that is, and that if he’s still not comfortable with that, he’s in the marketplace then — and then I have to look at him.”

Unread 03-06-2012, 06:52 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

they're probably more the welsh blackpool than barcelona, tbf.
A shit hole that's trapped in the 70's?

Unread 03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
elephantstone

Quote:

Unread 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
"I want to see this great attacking football with creativity and imagination, with relentless pressing of the ball."

Even Jim couldn't fix that I'm afraid.

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:00 PM
taff

Quote:
Gylfi came to Swansea because I was there as manager.
this @#%&! is getting proper giddy over himself isn't he?

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
Was he this big headed at Swansea? Or did we just not notice it??

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Ethers

Hate the @#%&! already.

Lovely stuff.

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
He'll be tanning himself up, going on goals on sunday with a jumper draped over his shoulders next

How long before the official 'Brendan Rodgers' watch thread?

Unread 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
TheKitchenSink

what a big headed, wonky toothed #@&%!. Yeah, I'm sure the 11 teams that drew or won at the Liberty Stadium were cacking themselves pal the only reason it was the longest 90 minutes of most people's lives is because the football your team plays is so mind-numbingly boring.

tap-tap-tap-tap-backpass-tap-tap-tap-tap-backpass-tap-tap-tap-throw in!

£#%&! off.

Unread 03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

Seems the totally right man for the job, keep talking em up BR, greater the expectation, greater the misery. Destiny

Unread 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
KenwrightsWallet

“My dad was my biggest influence. He was my hero. That’s the difficulty of it all...”

The tears that welled up in Rodgers’ eyes as his words tailed off we a genuine show of emotion from a man who knows that he must win the hearts and minds of the Anfield fans after replacing the legend that is Kenny Dalglish.
Closed Thread