Bobby Robson speaking Portuguese

They loved him for trying, tbf.

Unlike Souness, who didn't bother and basically hated the country

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Bobby Robson speaking Portuguese
Haven't seen it but didn't he once say he was basically standing there shouting 'goal-o....ball-o' ?

That may have been Big Fat Ron actually.

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Haven't seen it but didn't he once say he was basically standing there shouting 'goal-o....ball-o' ?

That may have been Big Fat Ron actually.
"gran victoria" and some more.pretty short interview. But funny

We have definitely underachieved in Europe, so many missed opportunities. 2002 still rankles, I think I kicked the tv in that night.

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:53 PM
andyroo

I literally kicked my telly in after the Porto game

Was not long after moving in with herself who's now my missus, she was terrified, hadn't seen what I was like after losing a game til then, poor dear.

Unread 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
"gran victoria" and some more.pretty short interview. But funny

We have definitely underachieved in Europe, so many missed opportunities. 2002 still rankles, I think I kicked the tv in that night.

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Mr Castro

"I'm not listening to you"

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Exactly. Everyone's got their hard luck stories. Madrid not been in the final for 11 years. Juve didn't make enough of their team in the mid-late '90s. Even Barca feel they should have retained the trophy when hailed as the greatest side ever. Look at Bayern ffs - losing like they did in '99 and taking a penalty shootout defeat to that Chelsea side in their own stadium. Nobody is ever fully satisfied.

I do think Fergie might feel he underachieved a little in Europe, but everyone has their regrets in the competition.
Since 1967, we have won as many European Cups as Madrid, 2 more than Inter, 1 more than Juve and 1 less than Barca

It's not that bad really especially as all those sides have out spent us by a significant amount

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Since 1967, we have won as many European Cups as Madrid, 2 more than Inter, 1 more than Juve and 1 less than Barca

It's not that bad really especially as all those sides have out spent us by a significant amount
and 2 less than the verm

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
and 2 less than the verm

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM
puressence

Tbh probably the best european team I've seen at utd was red star belgrade in 91. Shame there was only 22 thousand there ... Absolute joy to watch

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
and 2 less than the verm
Who won most of theirs in the era of that formidable European adversary "Bye" and the back pass rule.

Unread 09-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Who won most of theirs in the era of that formidable European adversary "Bye" and the back pass rule.
Stats don't lie Redders

Unread 10-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i still remember that scum side, it had some class players, like kewell, viduka and a young rio. then it all went to shit. oh well

i wonder why wasn't there much said about the massives on the programme?
Was genuinely worried they were going to do it!!

Unread 10-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Tbh probably the best european team I've seen at utd was red star belgrade in 91. Shame there was only 22 thousand there ... Absolute joy to watch

Was a great performance, tbf. Remember it well etc.

Big Time Charlie getting the absolute runaround by Savićević. Forza Crvena Zvezda Beograd. NQAT.

Unread 10-08-2013, 10:41 PM
red in cumbria

The war in the Balkans basically destroyed Red Star for a generation - just a year after that game virtually all of their stars had gone
Closed Thread