United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Camel

Default Ferdinand, Anderson and Berbatov

the difference tonight.

steel in defence, pace in midfield and the ability to keep the ball when it's hoofed up front.

3 players in, totally different game.

we all knew we were capable, but without these three we wouldn't have had the composure to be the first english team to win in the dragao.

Unread 15-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Firswood Red

If Rio had played in the first leg Porto would never been in the tie.

Anderson had his best game of the season, just wish he'd came down as he approaches the box.

Unread 15-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
If Rio had played in the first leg Porto would never been in the tie.
word.

we let their attack turn and run at us first leg. close them down when they get possession.

60-30 in our favour in the first half. away from home.

where's the £#%&!ing hulk now?

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Time For Heroes

In the Sun dream team ratings Anderson gets a 5!!!!!!!!

Were they watching the same game as me?

Berbs also gets a 5. Go figure.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime

newspaper ratings are shite though aren't they.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:13 AM
marlo

we missed park last night

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
newspaper ratings are shite though aren't they.
All the Villareal players got 3's and 4's!!

They must have played well.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:17 AM
marlo

the other day.

chelsea players were getting anything from 3s to 6s with lampard a 7 while all the liverpool players got 7s and 8s.

it was a draw ffs.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the other day.

chelsea players were getting anything from 3s to 6s with lampard a 7 while all the liverpool players got 7s and 8s.

it was a draw ffs.
Ah yes but it was an 'heroic' draw for the scousers and a 'lucky' draw for the chavs.

Haven't scientists in some stupid university worked out a formula for Liverpoo ratings?
Give them their actual mark, times it by 4 for media £#%&!athon and take away 2 so as not to look too biased.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:20 AM
MUFC One Love

Newspaper ratings are %@#$&!s tbh.

Big Andy and Berbs were both brilliant imo.

Good to see Big Andy appreciating Berbs too

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime

I laughed just reading that.

I can imagine that comic making it's Anderson rating solely off the back of Fergie %@#$&!ing him that one time. He was very good - not amazing - & deserved a solid 7 imo. His short passing does my head in now & again, anything over 10 yards & he's fine, shorter & there's a tendency to be too casual. Weird. But easy enough to rectify in a kid tbf.

Berbs was the same, solid 7 - made a hell of a difference to have the ball stick, or be passed first time. We looked a lot more fluid, barely gave it away - saw his passing stats when he came off were 80% completion rate, considering the amount of flicks to try & be creative to get players in around the box, that's a decent return.

Rio was the difference imo, everyone listens, knows there place, he's so £#%&!ing assured it borders on arrogance but you can see how much he leads. For me it's not about who's the better player between him & Vidic, but the pairing is the £#%&!ing nuts.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:29 AM
elephantstone

good all round performances and we looked like we are getting back on it. My only worry is Evra, he struggled last night but he will bounce back

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I laughed just reading that.

I can imagine that comic making it's Anderson rating solely off the back of Fergie %@#$&!ing him that one time. He was very good - not amazing - & deserved a solid 7 imo. His short passing does my head in now & again, anything over 10 yards & he's fine, shorter & there's a tendency to be too casual. Weird. But easy enough to rectify in a kid tbf.

Berbs was the same, solid 7 - made a hell of a difference to have the ball stick, or be passed first time. We looked a lot more fluid, barely gave it away - saw his passing stats when he came off were 80% completion rate, considering the amount of flicks to try & be creative to get players in around the box, that's a decent return.

Rio was the difference imo, everyone listens, knows there place, he's so £#%&!ing assured it borders on arrogance but you can see how much he leads. For me it's not about who's the better player between him & Vidic, but the pairing is the £#%&!ing nuts.
I agree with that.

Ferdinand is an incredible influence on our team, it's amazing the position we are in considering how much football he has missed this season.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
good all round performances and we looked like we are getting back on it. My only worry is Evra, he struggled last night but he will bounce back
He desperatly needs a rest doesn't he

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree with that.

Ferdinand is an incredible influence on our team, it's amazing the position we are in considering how much football he has missed this season.
Evans worked his nuts off when he came in and is paying for it now. Full credit to the lad though, gonna be a star

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Evans worked his nuts off when he came in and is paying for it now. Full credit to the lad though, gonna be a star
Definitely, soldiered through injury for a large part of the season as well. Should be a shoe in for Young Player of the year. The responsibility and determination he has shown on top of his obvious ability and fantastic performances are just superb.

Unread 16-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Tumescent Throb

newspaper ratings are %@#$&!s

except when they're in Italian newspapers apparently

when they suddenly become gospel

Unread 16-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's got a point though
has he?

it's like saying we missed Tevez last night

or we missed Rooney in Milan

anyway, I thought we missed Fletcher more

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:05 PM
The Return of JC

Agreed.

A lot was expected from the returning three and they didn't disappoint. I was particularly pleased with Anderson. That's easily his best performance this season and he was more like the Anderson that turned so many heads last season: Combative, pacey, dynamic, authoritative. We've really missed that kind of performance in the last few weeks. He brings an energy and genuine pace that no other player brings to the midfield. Hopefully he'll be fit, fresh and firing for the rest of the season now. When he (and Hargreaves) is in the side, we don't get bullied as we sometimes do with Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and to a lesser extent Fletcher.

Ronaldo and Rooney were also excellent on a night when they were asked to 'do a job'. Ryan Giggs was also very good and his experience is crucial on these Euro nights, particularly away. Still got concerns over Evra and Carrick who look, quite frankly, completely knackered. VDS was solid, Vidic and Rio are an immense partnership. And an honourable mention for John O'Shea, and Nani when he came on.

Last night was always dependant on which United side turned up. Luckily, it was a focussed, disciplined and tactically sharp United. We were by no means perfect, but the big players returning gave us a huge boost and the clean sheet gives us a great platform to kick on from here.

Well done to everyone. It was a big game where we needed to show our true mettle and we did.

Park, Tevez, Scholes, Neville all fresh for Sunday. A good few days rest and a confident camp. Hopefully the blip is over.

Unread 16-04-2009, 12:07 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
has he?

it's like saying we missed Tevez last night

or we missed Rooney in Milan

anyway, I thought we missed Fletcher more
Is it possible to miss anyone after you win?
Closed Thread