United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Camel

Default Carrick's Performance Tonight

i thought he played like a shell shocked war veteran.

improved as the match went on, but undenyably cack over the 90.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i thought he played like a shell shocked war veteran.

improved as the match went on, but undenyably cack over the 90.
I thought he was great considering the circumstances.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Whip Hubley

played well given the fact scholesy got sent after a third of the match imo.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:22 PM
LH_88

Funny that, I was just about to post a thread saying how great I thought he was tonight

Well played Mikey lad.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Terry Silver

Scholes could learn a thing or two from Carrick's performance tonight.

nft

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:25 PM
violater

roma walked through our midfield. im sorry but him and giggs should have done something about it.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Camel

i remember the vast majority of his passes going astray in the first half. as i said, he improved in the second half and obviously wasn't helped by scholes' sending off.

i think it's probably one of the biggest matches he's ever played in and the stage fright showed.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
roma walked through our midfield. im sorry but him and giggs should have done something about it.
What happened in the game you were watching?

In the one I saw Roma were restricted to long range shots, and but for a VDS howler we'd have got a 1-1 draw out of it.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Should have brought Richardson on

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Should have brought Richardson on
His hair looked great tonight and those diamond earrings really suited him. What was Fergie thinking?

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver

In the one I saw Roma were restricted to long range shots, and but for a VDS howler we'd have got a 1-1 draw out of it.
£#%&! off.
they just ran out of ideas in the final third or lacked the quality.
the ease in which they were getting into out half with possession and options was embarassing at the level.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
£#%&! off.
they just ran out of ideas in the final third or lacked the quality.
the ease in which they were getting into out half with possession and options was embarassing at the level.
"£#%&! off"? Why exactly? Because my opinion differs from yours. If you can't accept that a United messageboard, or a messageboard of any type, or any kind of interaction with other human beings is probably not a good idea for you. You jumped up little @#%&!.

We had ten men, Carrick - playing alongside a half-arsed Giggs - put in a very good performance. The kind of which your @#%&! mate "Rico" could only dream of.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Camel

Quote:

i'm perplexed, what game were you watching?

we backed off far too much when they had possession and they closed us down extremely well when we had the ball.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i'm perplexed, what game were you watching?

we backed off far too much when they had possession and they closed us down extremely well when we had the ball.
We restricted them to longe range efforts the whole of the second half. They only scored due to a VDS howler. If you have any evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it... one-on-ones, clearances off the line, last ditch tackles etc.

As for their closing down, the extra man might have come in handy there.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Tiberian

Giggs-Carrick will only work if we are attacking and having most of the ball. Giggs had no idea about defensive positioning in midfield and Roma were picking him off at will.

Carrick did well.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
armchair

I thought it was one of his best games ever.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:56 PM
tatty

I enjoy nothing more than sticking the knife in Carrick for being a slow version of Ray Wilkins but credit where it's due, he played very well.

Unread 04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Camel

Quote:
We restricted them to longe range efforts the whole of the second half. They only scored due to a VDS howler. If you have any evidence to the contrary I'd love to see it... one-on-ones, clearances off the line, last ditch tackles etc.

As for their closing down, the extra man might have come in handy there.
does possession, corners and clearances from our box count. i know we were the away team but i can count our chances on one hand. this is against a tteam 20pts off the pace in serie a. yes they're in form but we played like the proverbial rabbits caught in the headlights, especially in the first half.

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I thought it was one of his best games ever.
£#%&! off

Unread 04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Smeggs

thought he did ok in what was difficult circumstances.
Closed Thread