United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-03-2024, 08:19 AM
Vedder

Wouldn’t do it to a Muslim countries flag would they but because it’s England and white people it’s fair game.

Unread 22-03-2024, 08:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Side point but Twitter stuff still gets notified on my phone so I clicked it and there’s multiple openly racist tweets concerning the Nike thing. No one calling it out and loads of open support for it.

Is that what Twitter has become? Absolutely rancid.
Was talking about this with a mate yesterday. You can see/post deaths, hard core #@&%!, fetish/weird #@&%!, beheadings, gang attacks and beatings etc and not get banned, but you can get banned for calling someone a @#%&!.

Or, like I did, get a lifetime ban for calling Lukaku a donkey

Unread 22-03-2024, 08:43 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Wouldn’t do it to a Muslim countries flag would they but because it’s England and white people it’s fair game.
Last time I checked englands population wasnt exclusively white

Unread 22-03-2024, 08:47 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Side point but Twitter stuff still gets notified on my phone so I clicked it and there’s multiple openly racist tweets concerning the Nike thing. No one calling it out and loads of open support for it.

Is that what Twitter has become? Absolutely rancid.
It’s an absolute sewer these days. But it’s fine because free speech etc.

Unread 22-03-2024, 08:57 AM
RedNick80

Headline - front page of the Telegraph website last night 'Nike critisised for woke emblem and virtue signalling'

Now, I agree, it is a bit woke and probably is an example of 'virtue signalling' fair enough, but front and centre of a right leaning paper getting everyones knickers in a twist - is emblematic of a larger problem.

Its not a big deal FFS, who gives a shit! Should be page 8. Meanwhile the real issues* go completely under the radar.

*Before you ask (INPO): shit politicians, management of the economy and public services, war in Ukraine, war in Gaza, general manipulation and poalrisation of society.

Now I'm going to have to listen to my inlaws and old man going on about how appalling it is over sunday lunch!

Unread 22-03-2024, 09:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
It’s an absolute sewer these days. But it’s fine because free speech etc.
That £#%&!ing idiot Musk has allowed the place to become an absolute free for all.

You look at any popular post and the replies are just a tsunami of bots tweeting more videos, #@&%! accounts and various other stuff that has nothing to do with the actual comment you've read.

Unread 22-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
That £#%&!ing idiot Musk has allowed the place to become an absolute free for all.

You look at any popular post and the replies are just a tsunami of bots tweeting more videos, #@&%! accounts and various other stuff that has nothing to do with the actual comment you've read.
It’s utterly broken. But do I still go on there every day? Yes I do.

Unread 22-03-2024, 09:47 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
It’s utterly broken. But do I still go on there every day? Yes I do.
I’m the same with Tik Tok (which I love). You really have to search out peoples opinions on Tik Tok so most generally don’t. Any platform set up primarily for people to express their opinions (Twitter) is generally going to be garbage. When it’s moderated by a grade a tool like musk then it’s going to be beyond rancid.

Unread 22-03-2024, 09:56 AM
suedeshoes

Peter Shilton is talking about it on R4. Says its a bit "woke". Can't explain why or what woke means though.

Also said that they change kits too often and they are too expensive.

Said "in my day" about a hundred times.

Unread 22-03-2024, 11:10 AM
shenwen

Like Ethers said, I don't get the reaction to it but then I don't get why it was done. To "unite and inspire". Okay, how does that work exactly?

Anything that sees a corporate like Nike get in the shit for some shallow marketing %@#$&!s is alright by me.

Unread 22-03-2024, 11:26 AM
Zorg

Could be worse - this is Belgium's new Tintin-inspired away strip

Unread 22-03-2024, 12:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Apparently Umbro did something similar to the England kits around 2010. It’s a tough one because these manufacturers have to constantly tweak designs in order to justify the outrageous prices they charge but we’ve seen it with United kits where they basically deface history with utter monstrosities. Conclusion: shocked that esters hasn’t polled this

Unread 22-03-2024, 12:14 PM
big chief

Quote:
Don’t understand the people getting worked up about it, but also don’t understand why they’ve done it - is it supposed to represent something?

Pretty bizarre
Same. Actually quite like the colouring used, but it does make the flag totally redundant

Unread 22-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Rorschach

I didn't know there was a new England kit out. Now I do.

I get the impression they would have loved to have gone 'full rainbow' with this but bottled it.

I'm not arsed about the cross itself but the corporate @#%&! who came up with the "playful" explanation needs a good kicking.

Unread 22-03-2024, 12:36 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

This...

Unread 22-03-2024, 12:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Invest in Bitcoin!

Unread 22-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Big Norm

I know this sounds like a crazy idea but if you really object to what this shirt looks like, don't buy it.

Unread 22-03-2024, 01:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm View Post
I know this sounds like a crazy idea but if you really object to what this shirt looks like, don't buy it.
New to 2024 ? Being offended quietly isn't enough.....

Unread 22-03-2024, 06:04 PM
BarryX

Three pronouns on our shirt..

Unread 22-03-2024, 06:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX View Post
Three pronouns on our shirt..

Lesbians are gleaming..