Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:03 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
We won't

See Leeds
at least we'll win the championship at some point.

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:04 AM
suedeshoes

Next season.

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:45 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Does the club really care about being the best in the world again? We seem more like a business with a football team.

Since 2009 we've shown an alarming lack of ambition and direction

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:48 AM
utd99

Didn’t do Juventus any harm. Maybe we should try to bribe Mike Dean.

Knowing our luck the posturing @#%&! would take it, stay schtum and £#%&! it up..

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:49 AM
AntiZionist

5-10 years.

Unread 23-09-2018, 04:39 AM
Stickman

I’ll go for season 2022-23

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Knockers

By rights City should win the treble every year now until the end of time. The richest club in history. And yet....nobody’s won consecutive titles in the last decade and Liverpool who everyone’s so terrified about have won £#%&! all. We could easily win it next year if the stars align. We just aren’t going to wipe the floor with everyone on the reg.

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:18 AM
Seamus

I think it will be 10 years plus.liverpool haven’t won it for 30 years but football is changing and usually the team that spends the most and has the largest wage bill wins the league.

I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land - David Moyes 2013

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Lok

We've seen clubs like Chelsea turn it around and win the league the next season with a new manager. But their squad was a lot stronger than ours.

There are huge problems on and off the field that will prevent us from competing for a long time. Part of that is Woodward and his thirst for certain types of players. Part is Mourinho. Part is the players just aren't as good as people say they are.

The biggest problem though is the weight of expectation on the team. It's toxic.

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not confident that we will get our act together anytime soon but also not confident that the others will maintain their current trajectory. Pep leaves city, which he will in the next 2/3 years, and they may struggle again to keep churning out decent teams.

Liverpool are for me the bigger threat because you can see klopp there for a long time and if they get their act together and win the league, they will become quite powerful again. If they fail this year though and he wins nothing then it could easily go the other way. They worry me though.

Can’t see us doing it in the next 5 years tbh but there’s always a Leicester one off. I sense the club knows this.

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Said it would be a decade when we employed Moyes....

Unread 23-09-2018, 09:58 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I think it will be 10 years plus.liverpool haven’t won it for 30 years but football is changing and usually the team that spends the most and has the largest wage bill wins the league.

I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land - David Moyes 2013

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The biggest problem though is the weight of expectation on the team. It's toxic.
This is becoming alarmingly evident in the home performances especially.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:19 PM
redhegemony

I don't think the squad is that bad. We have a world class goal keeper a world class centre midfielder England's left back who looks increasingly good. We should be building the team around Pogba his talent is ridiculous.

Lots of good players I think Fred is more than useful and a good foil for Pogba as he likes a tackle. We have 3 major weaknesses which are serious

1. A commanding experience d centre half to run the defence.

2. A right back who can go forwards and cross

3. A dynamic quick centre forward.

He has managed by luck I think to find a half decent system with full backs pushed high and the defensive midfielder making a 3. He doesn't get the full backs overlapping which renders the system pretty tame.

Biggest priority is to buy a centre half in Jan and in meantime to experiment with Sanchez or Martial at 9 and play Dalot.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:21 PM
armchair

two windows.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:27 PM
redhegemony

I don't think Mourinhou trust the players not to make £#%&! ups (and he's right with some of them) which I think explains his cautious approach.

He's finally found the right role for Fellani - and he may prove better in that role than Matic in some games.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I don't think the squad is that bad. We have a world class goal keeper a world class centre midfielder England's left back who looks increasingly good. We should be building the team around Pogba his talent is ridiculous.

Lots of good players I think Fred is more than useful and a good foil for Pogba as he likes a tackle. We have 3 major weaknesses which are serious

1. A commanding experience d centre half to run the defence.

2. A right back who can go forwards and cross

3. A dynamic quick centre forward.

He has managed by luck I think to find a half decent system with full backs pushed high and the defensive midfielder making a 3. He doesn't get the full backs overlapping which renders the system pretty tame.

Biggest priority is to buy a centre half in Jan and in meantime to experiment with Sanchez or Martial at 9 and play Dalot.
I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. Fegie would win the league with this squad....but unfortunately we don't have Fergie, nor is there anyone currently managing who could win a league and get to the finals of the European Cup with four or five journeymen in the squad.

If we want to compete with City or Chelsea, we need to spend like them.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

It was actually Bono who said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I don't think Mourinhou trust the players not to make £#%&! ups (and he's right with some of them) which I think explains his cautious approach.

He's finally found the right role for Fellani - and he may prove better in that role than Matic in some games.
Incorrect. The right role for Fellaini is in a circus.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:23 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien

Do you like circuses?

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:23 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
It was actually Bono who said that.

Been outfield player of the season so far unfortunately...
Closed Thread