United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban
In some bizarre and completely cynical world, I imagine him doing all this as revenge for us not appointing him after Fergie’s departure.
I would feel pretty mortally offended in his position had I been available and £#%&!ing Gollum preferred, tbf

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:31 PM
armchair

him or poc should've replaced fergie

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We all knew it was £#%&!ed from the moment it became obvious he was going to live in a hotel. We should've just managed his exit from that point on.
Problems started right there

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:36 PM
ziggyman17

It has always felt like he was doing the club a favour by taking over as manager.. contrast to Fergie, who looked and acted like he won the lotto when he took over back in 1986,

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
It has always felt like he was doing the club a favour by taking over as manager.. contrast to Fergie, who looked and acted like he won the lotto when he took over back in 1986,

"A man is very fortune if he gets the chance to manager Manchester United in his lifetime and I can assure you that I have no intention of wasting my opportunity."

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's just easy targets. Got a £75m lump up front who hasn't scored in months, a £40m midfielder who can't run, a £60m midfielder who can't get a game, a £400k per week signing who is £#%&!, oh and the star player hates me.

But I'll just take the easy road and call Luke Shaw and Jesse Lingard wimps instead.
And all are true. Just because Mourinho is a @#%&! and chooses to focus on one doesn’t make the other false. The players he mentioned are flimsy.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Football heritage mate

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Could easily happen, even with our generous fixture list before the turn of the year. Mourinho's relationship with his players just can't be good. When you go out of your way to criticise them the way he did this week and you get today's response - you're in trouble.
Oh I agree, but if you look at our results, we have a habit of showing spirit at the lowest points and turning up at certain points (some good moments away at Chelsea and Juve).

Those Newcastle and Bournemouth games for the first 20 minutes were as bad anything since Fergie left. Then we go and win them and there's an immediate lift from the comeback euphoria.

It's all papering over the cracks though. This team is going nowhere and will not change. We all know it. The owners don't though and they'll only react when something more tangible is under threat.

No idea who we have next, but we'll probably win.

Many thought the three aways to Bournemouth, Juve and City would finish him off. We ended up winning two of them.

Had we lost all three and drawn today, he'd probably be gone tomorrow.

As it is, I think we'll continue this dynamic of shit to hope and back to shit until around March.

What did he say this week, by the way? I haven't paid much attention. It's been great.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

We've got Southampton away next. Probably the only team in worse form than £#%&!ing Palace.

If we don't beat them surely to £#%&! he has to be binned.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've got Southampton away next. Probably the only team in worse form than £#%&!ing Palace.

If we don't beat them surely to £#%&! he has to be binned.
We'll win because we're actually a decent 'reactive' team. Hence the comebacks.

And back round we go.

If we lose, he still won't be sacked. It would have to be one of those 'untenable' jobs..

Moyes and LVG are the blueprint for that. Both had moments where you thought 'surely that's it?' And survived. They were only sacked once their season was over, either literally or mathematically.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:50 PM
ziggyman17

Officially worse than The Moyes season...........

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We'll win.

And back round we go.
Southampton a
Arsenal h
Fulham h
Liverpool a

And the worst thing is we could easily win 3 of those 4 games or just bomb out and lose 3 draw 1.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:54 PM
ziggyman17

Mourinho tonight...............

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
And all are true. Just because Mourinho is a @#%&! and chooses to focus on one doesn’t make the other false. The players he mentioned are flimsy.
Genuinely find it hard to make a call. When virtually everyone is playing below their talent level you have to look at the wider structure. They look better players for England than they do for United, which is a £#%&!ing surreal place to have ended up.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Southampton a
Arsenal h
Fulham h
Liverpool a

And the worst thing is we could easily win 3 of those 4 games or just bomb out and lose 3 draw 1.
That reads a bit like the last three home games.

Here's my shout:

Win at Southampton because they're shit, we're a bit better away and we'll have a point to prove.

We have our big game head on against arsenal. Look more switched on, keep it tight and Nick it 2-1.

Tails up? Corner turned? Etc etc.

Then comes the expectation at home to Fulham.... cue the predictable insipid 0-0.

Then outclassed by Liverpool. Calls for his head again. Next game 'make or break', point to prove etc.

And basically keep doing that til March. Like most mid-table teams do; largely ok, sometimes good, sometimes awful .

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Oh I agree, but if you look at our results, we have a habit of showing spirit at the lowest points and turning up at certain points (some good moments away at Chelsea and Juve).

Those Newcastle and Bournemouth games for the first 20 minutes were as bad anything since Fergie left. Then we go and win them and there's an immediate lift from the comeback euphoria.

It's all papering over the cracks though. This team is going nowhere and will not change. We all know it. The owners don't though and they'll only react when something more tangible is under threat.

No idea who we have next, but we'll probably win.

Many thought the three aways to Bournemouth, Juve and City would finish him off. We ended up winning two of them.

Had we lost all three and drawn today, he'd probably be gone tomorrow.

As it is, I think we'll continue this dynamic of shit to hope and back to shit until around March.

What did he say this week, by the way? I haven't paid much attention. It's been great.
Spanish journalist told him that he has lots of 'diamonds' in his team and asked what they need to improve.

"When we talk about Luke Shaw, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, we’re talking about kids with great potential but still lack a word I can’t say but that you like a lot (cojones) they lack a bit of that.”

Also said Shaw was a bit clueless when he arrived.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Genuinely find it hard to make a call. When virtually everyone is playing below their talent level you have to look at the wider structure. They look better players for England than they do for United, which is a £#%&!ing surreal place to have ended up.
Martial aside (and I suspect his form will dip again soon enough), does a single player play better for us than they do for their national team or previous team?

Regardless of their overall quality, Lukaku, Lingard, Mata, Fred, sanchez, Rashford can all play better than they do for us right now.

Unread 24-11-2018, 07:59 PM
caliban

Quote:
No surprise really. Southgate has tried to create an optimistic, happy environment. Polar opposite of United atm.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Spanish journalist told him that he has lots of 'diamonds' in his team and asked what they are lacking.

"When we talk about Luke Shaw, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, we’re talking about kids with great potential but still lack a word I can’t say but that you like a lot (cojones) they lack a bit of that.”

Also said Shaw was a bit clueless when he arrived.
Calling out martial, who has 5 goals in 4 games, but not a word for Matic, who has been a below-par cowardly shitbag all season.

Unread 24-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Calling out martial, who has 5 goals in 4 games, but not a word for Matic, who has been a below-par cowardly shitbag all season.
He's been like a £#%&!ing scarecrow in the middle of the pitch all season. Utterly horrendous.
Closed Thread