United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Isco's attitude there has stunk by all accounts, don't need another Madrid smacked arsed rocking up at M16

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:33 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Isco's attitude there has stunk by all accounts, don't need another Madrid smacked arsed rocking up at M16
Can see him at city actually; apparently was pretty close to going there before joining Real. Class player on his day though, far too good for them at any rate. His touch is about as good as you'll see.

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:36 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Spending £30odd million on Danny Drinkwater, when we could have signed Kante for £32million in the summer would be like when Moyes turned down the chance to sign Thiago and then added insult to injury by letting Fellaini's buy out clause expire before signing him.
It's like that only kante is shite.

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Can see him at city actually; apparently was pretty close to going there before joining Real. Class player on his day though, far too good for them at any rate. His touch is about as good as you'll see.
Yup, Pellegrini managed him at Malaga and was v close to signing for city. There's no chance we're signing another attacking mid in January anyway, we have enough options there until the end of the season which is when I suspect Rooney will be off and a 'galactico' will be in to replace him.

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:43 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yup, Pellegrini managed him at Malaga and was v close to signing for city. There's no chance we're signing another attacking mid in January anyway, we have enough options there until the end of the season which is when I suspect Rooney will be off and a 'galactico' will be in to replace him.
Sounds about right. Ed'll have another crack at Bale, won't get him and end up panicking and blowing big money on whoever Mendes or Raiola is looking to punt on (James Rodríguez??).

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Sounds about right. Ed'll have another crack at Bale, won't get him and end up panicking and blowing big money on whoever Mendes or Raiola is looking to punt on (James Rodríguez??).
Exactly my thoughts Is Griezman a Mendes client? If not expect failed bids for Neymar/Bale before dropping some serious cheese on a big name with no consideration if he fits in to the team.

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:51 PM
doudou

Interestingly enough, just googled that and Griezmann recently fired his agent :sherlock:

He's the one we should be getting, we all know that. Great attitude and great player, as far as I can tell.

Have always said that letting him leave la Real without bidding was an act of gross incompetence on United's part (Moysie was chasing Fàbregas at the time

Unread 26-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Curtis

Isco isn't happening. He's another number 10. Not a winger or even very good either side of a central 3. He's just agitating for a move or better circumstances at Madrid. It's just shite journalism. No way he comes when we've just bought Mkhitaryan and he can't get into the side. We have Rooney, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, Pogba etc all in line for that position. It's literally the last position on the pitch we will buy for.

We won't be going for Drinkwater either for similar reasons. He's a good holding midfielder that's for sure but we have a shopping list of players in that role already. Carrick, Schneiderlin, Blind, Fellaini, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Fossil-Miner etc. Just more cretinous journos trying to make hay with the 'ex United player returns to club' narrative.

Unread 26-09-2016, 04:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Unread 26-09-2016, 04:42 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Spending £30odd million on Danny Drinkwater, when we could have signed Kante for £32million in the summer would be like when Moyes turned down the chance to sign Thiago and then added insult to injury by letting Fellaini's buy out clause expire before signing him.
FFS. People still sprouting this nonsense, Kante was never a United target because he's not good enough for a top club like United.

Unread 26-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Isco isn't happening. He's another number 10. Not a winger or even very good either side of a central 3. He's just agitating for a move or better circumstances at Madrid. It's just shite journalism. No way he comes when we've just bought Mkhitaryan and he can't get into the side. We have Rooney, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, Pogba etc all in line for that position. It's literally the last position on the pitch we will buy for.

We won't be going for Drinkwater either for similar reasons. He's a good holding midfielder that's for sure but we have a shopping list of players in that role already. Carrick, Schneiderlin, Blind, Fellaini, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Fossil-Miner etc. Just more cretinous journos trying to make hay with the 'ex United player returns to club' narrative.
Carrick doesn't start and will retire at the end of the season.
Schneiderlein is 26 and a France international but can't get into the team ahead of Fellaini.
Blind only plays in defence for us.
Fellaini is gash.
Herrera isn't a holding midfielder.
Schweinsteiger is finished at United.
Fosu-Mensah might well be the best option, but has never played anywhere other than right-back for us.

Point being, I agree Isco is off the table, but I imagine Mourinho will want a top quality partner for Pogba sooner rather than later.

Unread 26-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Carrick doesn't start and will retire at the end of the season.
Schneiderlein is 26 and a France international but can't get into the team ahead of Fellaini.
Blind only plays in defence for us.
Fellaini is gash.
Herrera isn't a holding midfielder.
Schweinsteiger is finished at United.
Fosu-Mensah might well be the best option, but has never played anywhere other than right-back for us.

Point being, I agree Isco is off the table, but I imagine Mourinho will want a top quality partner for Pogba sooner rather than later.
For the most part I'm with you on that. I'd like to see one or two get a decent run at the role before he gives up on them though. My point was, that's a lot of players to shift before bringing in someone new for the same position.

Unread 26-09-2016, 06:41 PM
puressence

I'll start a proper thread in December

Unread 26-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I'll start a proper thread in December
Do it now or I'll forget to bookmark it.

Unread 26-09-2016, 07:06 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Do it now or I'll forget to bookmark it.
I'll dm u

Unread 26-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I'll dm u
Thank god.

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:03 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
FFS. People still sprouting this nonsense, Kante was never a United target because he's not good enough for a top club like United.
I say you never once watched him for a whole 90 minutes last season. Just have one opinion you didn't scrounge from the sanc, please.

Unread 27-09-2016, 12:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Schneiderlein is 26 and a France international

barely tbh.

Unread 27-09-2016, 12:36 AM
BobJones

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...d-Chelsea.html

Shite.

Unread 27-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones
Leiester just had one of them freak seasons where everything clicked and all the big clubs had off seasons etc.
Most players know the level they should be at and also know they would tend to be shit at a big club where you have to do it week in week out(vardy was a good example and fair play to him for being a big fish in a small pond instead of warming the bench somwhere else for a few quid extra).
Drinkwater would be a perfect example if he came back here.
Closed Thread