United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Manchester

Default Academy: scousers Vs United

Anyone watching it?

United currently 1-0 up, with a goal by Keane, class goal

Poor conditions as it's very very windy.

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Manchester

Default Re: Academy: scousers Vs United

Team news:

United
1. Devlin
2. Tunnicliffe
4. Thorpe
5. McGinty
3. Fryers
7. Lingard
6. Cole
8. Pogba
11. Ajose
10. Petrucci
9. Keane

Subs:
12. Gill
14. Stewart
15. Moffat

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Whalefish

Funny you should post this. I spent Monday-Wednesday at the Innovation Park in Liverpool. The NHS spared no expense and put me up at the Beech Mount Hotel. The owner - a walking scouse cliche - was chirping on most mornings about his beloved Liverpool and how the Academy kids are all loving life now 'King Kenny' has returned. He started goiong on about them playing the Utd lads off the park earlier in the Academy/Reserve season and I could only recall one match, the 2-0 Utd win.

Surely he wasn't lying?

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Manchester

When did we beat them 2-0?

They beat us in the reserves in September which was 1-0, which I'd imagine is what he was on about.

United could be 3-0 up here, had 1 cleared off the line and a couple that have gone just wide. Keane was penalised before for one of the scouse players pulling his shirt, which should have been a penalty.

Quite a few tasty tackles put in by the scousers.

We'll dick these though today.

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:50 PM
In 76 now this is true

The under 16's are currently getting beat 1-0
My cousins boyfriend is playing for Liverpool under 16's, he said he hates playing against United, especially away as they get so much abuse its unreal.
He's only 15, but has been called up for the under 18's a couple of times.

Unread 21-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
When did we beat them 2-0?

They beat us in the reserves in September which was 1-0, which I'd imagine is what he was on about.

United could be 3-0 up here, had 1 cleared off the line and a couple that have gone just wide. Keane was penalised before for one of the scouse players pulling his shirt, which should have been a penalty.

Quite a few tasty tackles put in by the scousers.

We'll dick these though today.
I thought the reserves beat them 2-0 when they had Plessis (or however you spell it) sent off.

He was probably on about the reverse Academy fixture I guess, although I didn't think Mr Personality had returned by then?

Anyway, full of shite the lot of them. It was the assessment that he gave about them playing us off the park, light years ahead etc etc which made me chuckle. That was before the clown went on to tell me about 9/11 and how missiles had been fired from the commercial jets before hitting the two towers. Hanging out the windows they were with their M72 LAWs!

Before leaving I asked him what he thought of the Hillsborough memorial.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I thought the reserves beat them 2-0 when they had Plessis (or however you spell it) sent off.

He was probably on about the reverse Academy fixture I guess, although I didn't think Mr Personality had returned by then?

Anyway, full of shite the lot of them. It was the assessment that he gave about them playing us off the park, light years ahead etc etc which made me chuckle. That was before the clown went on to tell me about 9/11 and how missiles had been fired from the commercial jets before hitting the two towers. Hanging out the windows they were with their M72 LAWs!

Before leaving I asked him what he thought of the Hillsborough memorial.
Nah they beat us 1-0 in that game.

Play wise, United are light years ahead of the others. Don't think the scousers could play any team off the park at of the levels.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Nah they beat us 1-0 in that game.

Play wise, United are light years ahead of the others. Don't think the scousers could play any team off the park at of the levels.
I'm going mad. I swear I saw Utd reserves (with King, Eikrem etc) beat Liverpool reserves 2-0 this season. Senior Cup fixture?

Oh £#%&! it. I'm off for a poo.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm going mad. I swear I saw Utd reserves (with King, Eikrem etc) beat Liverpool reserves 2-0 this season. Senior Cup fixture?

Oh £#%&! it. I'm off for a poo.
We've battered them and lost in both reserve games against them that I've seen this season.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Lok

3-0 Keane again. Scrappy game but Pertucci looks good.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Coracao

Good result considering the amount of players we have out.

Keane is a very composed finisher, took both goals well.

I imagine King will be playing in the Youth cup, if fit.

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:38 PM
no fun

hows larnell cole doing ?

Unread 21-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Coracao

Shit goal to give away there.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:07 PM
shadowplay

3-1 ft?

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
3-1 ft?
Confirmed.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

I saw summat this week, might've been Albiston saying it, that Keane reminds him of Sheringham. Any thoughts?

By the way, what a fullback Albiston was.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I saw summat this week, might've been Albiston saying it, that Keane reminds him of Sheringham. Any thoughts?

By the way, what a fullback Albiston was.
Was a great player, him and Martin Buchan were my favourite players as a kid, I was a defender

Always thought he should have played a lot more for Scotland.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Was a great player, him and Martin Buchan were my favourite players as a kid, I was a defender

Always thought he should have played a lot more for Scotland.
Yup, loved Buchan too. Calmest defender I think I've ever seem, which is amazing given how lightweight the midfield's in front of him often were. Did we go from Albiston straight to Colin Gibson? I £#%&!ing hated him, Toblerone shaped booted @#%&!.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Lok

I've only seen him a few times but he's nothing like Sherringham. More of a Solskaer type player. If he gets a chance, he'll probably take it. Sherringham was more involved in play.

Unread 21-11-2009, 02:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've only seen him a few times but he's nothing like Sherringham. More of a Solskaer type player. If he gets a chance, he'll probably take it. Sherringham was more involved in play.
So, albiston, great player, crap pundit.

By the way, McGinty.
Closed Thread