United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Pop

£#%&! him. Given a one in a million opportunity and he decides to literally piss his life away.

Pity he wasn't mangled in the car crash, rest of his life in a wheelchair. Plenty of time to reflect upon what a loser he is.

Alcoholic @#%&!.

Unread 22-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Blamed being pissed up on childhood bullying.
Why is that hard to believe?

Unread 22-05-2018, 09:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Why is that hard to believe?
It's not hard to believe as I suffered similar.

But to use it as the reason why he was drink driving on that particular night is a little convenient...

Unread 22-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
It's not hard to believe as I suffered similar.

But to use it as the reason why he was drink driving on that particular night is a little convenient...
I think he's probably got an alcohol problem. It's not as if he's buying cans one night for casual drinking, and another because he's an alcoholic.

I'd well believe he drinks due to a traumatic childhood, if that's what he claims.

Unread 22-05-2018, 09:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I think he's probably got an alcohol problem. It's not as if he's buying cans one night for casual drinking, and another because he's an alcoholic.

I'd well believe he drinks due to a traumatic childhood, if that's what he claims.
100%

I think they were referring to the incident itself, though, not the root of his alcoholism.

Which I guess could be the same thing...

Good point.

YHGR

Unread 22-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

we should definitely get into a conversation about the thousands who suffered childhood bullying and aren't alcoholics.....

Unread 22-05-2018, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
we should definitely get into a conversation about the thousands who suffered childhood bullying and aren't alcoholics.....
Yeah, you can say that about almost anything though.

Bottom line is that bullying is £#%&!ing bad, and still not taken seriously enough by too many.

Unread 22-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, you can say that about almost anything though.

Bottom line is that bullying is £#%&!ing bad, and still not taken seriously enough by too many.
Where have I said that bullying isn't terrible?

Unread 22-05-2018, 06:10 PM
suedeshoes

Epitome of Fred this thread.

Unread 22-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Nelson

Quote:
They'll be addicted to something, mate - addiction follows childhood trauma as sure as night follows day.

Without long and deep therapy, it's the only way out of the pain.

Unread 22-05-2018, 07:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Where have I said that bullying isn't terrible?
Saying "but people have been bullied and didn't end up like that" misses the point IMO.

Unread 22-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Saying "but people have been bullied and didn't end up like that" misses the point IMO.

Why is that then? what's the point that I've missed?
Closed Thread