United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2007, 10:59 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC
We train on Thursday night @ 6.30pm. (usually next to the changing rooms, on the rugby area). First session was last night, so i'm £#%&!ed this morning! Season starts 1st weekend of September.
might give it a whirl.

pre season will probably litterally kill me

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:03 AM
MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
might give it a whirl.

PM next week if you fancy it.

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:08 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I'm right sided and a lot faster than people think but devoid of any real skill what so ever. I occasionally do something really good but have absolutly no idea how I did it or how to repeat it.

David Bellion

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Sparky***

I work my %@#$&!s off without adding anything of real quality. From time to time I may rise above my level of mediocrity, but for the most part I'm in there as a tryer.

Darren Fletcher.

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:12 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC
PM next week if you fancy it.
ta.

is it Sunday morning stuff? how would you describe the standard?

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:16 AM
MUFC

Quote:
ta.

is it Sunday morning stuff? how would you describe the standard?
Yeah sunday morning pub football basically. The standard is not great. We are div 3 (of 5 leagues) and missed out on promotion by 1 point last year, so fancy our chances this season.

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:18 AM
wiganste

Jim Leighton

Or Les Sealey how he is now.

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:50 AM
nick henry

i like to think i am like scholesy, centre mid, gets goals and am dirty. However ,i was lucky or unlucky enough to play againgst him an the much vaunted youth team in a pre season friendly whilst i was at Hull City. it obviously was a great side but Scholes was completely unplayable and destroyed us, getting a hat trick in the process. it finished 3-0 and we almost celebrated when we got a corner midway into the 2nd half!!!

in reality i am more like Mike Phelan

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:54 AM
koppas

Pallister.

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
might give it a whirl.

a friend of mine joined saturday league team Brimsdown Rovers. After his first pre-season training session he threw up in the toilets and passed out.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Tincanstretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
I play in midfield, I have a good engine, prefer to pass than take it around a player, not very strong, but not afraid to tackle, built like a gazelle.

Just to round it off, I find myself doing that annoying pointing thing

I'd like to think I'm Michael Carrick, but I think it's obvious who I get called by my so called mates
Sorry mate, but going off your strengths and characteristics you're actually Darren Fletcher.

I'm probably Veron. Wasted.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:16 PM
buryboy

In my prime I was just like Ronaldo.... All skill, pace, power, trickery with a quality shot on me. Could also tackle like the best of them and my heading ability was awesome.

Still not sure why I didnt make it

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
In my prime I was just like Ronaldo.... All skill, pace, power, trickery with a quality shot on me. Could also tackle like the best of them and my heading ability was awesome.

Still not sure why I didnt make it
Id say youre more of a Jan Molby type

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Zorg

Very pacey, good ball skills, tall, right winger/centre forward. Score plenty too.

Shit at tackling, absolutely zero positional sense and confidence issues.

I'm thinking Kanchelskis.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Prideofalleurope

Ruud

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:30 PM
suedeshoes

Bobby Charlton. Old, slow and bald.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:32 PM
MrBishi

Probably a cross between Gary Nev and late-90s Keano. Decent right-back, but with a terrible tendency to get a bit physical and get sent off. I'm not a dirty player, just a habit of clattering people.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:34 PM
King Schlong

Decent left back. Not very pacy but certainly not slow. Can take a good free kick, good crosser of the ball and i can't remember the last time i missed a penalty. I'd say im like Denis Irwin in a way.

Can also play Defensive Midfield but im not fit enough anymore and i'd be throwing up after 60 minutes if i played there these days.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:40 PM
khmk

Gary Neville.

up and down the right hand side, you wont get past me 1 on 1.

i also struggle to grow a tashe.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Sloppy

Id say Im like Neil Webb-fat slow lazy and can only play 65 minutes.
Closed Thread