United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: Glazer protest tbc at Old Trafford

Hope it's not going to be as embarrasing as the last time.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think what is worrying is that Fergus has maybe 2 more years at the helm - beyond that things will get worse.

Something should have been done in 2005 and not now!?! It's only 5 years too late - remember the West Brom boycott?
we'll only sit down... when glazer £#%&!s off

er, yeah, okay

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
ok, but things are considerably different now from 1995, for a start we are in the financial shit, we have an obvious need to strenghten the squad and we're not, we have a big squad yet with some excellent players, some promising players but a large amount of not really good enough players. Also we didn't have the possibility of fergie calling it a day back then.
I'm no doomlord but i'm realistic enough to see that things are pretty bleak around the club, we probably have a good enough X1 to win something this season but if our current owners are still in tow we will see further asset stripping and wave goodbye to more of our better players in the summer, i'm off to top myself now.
All fair points tbh.

I just laugh at Paul Hince, he's written off Fergie more times than....than...*seeks appropriate analogy*...a lot of other people.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
oh righty o! removes noose from neck
Phew!

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's a £#%&!ing imbecile. A bitter, blue imbecile at that.

We were due a 'empire crumbling' piece where they mention the Roman Empire. Don't these journos learn anything? Looked what happened last time we has these 'empire crumbling' pieces when they mentioned the Roman Empire etc. Whilst I think we have no money and can't compete for big players anymore and the club are lying about, I think these articles are well over the top and they're based on a few defeats.

We're 2 points off the top and we've had all the defence out ffs. If the positon we're in on the pitch is the 'empire crumbling' I'm sure City would love it if their 'empire' was 'crumbling' if it meant 2nd place 2 points behind the leaders after having loads of injuries.

I love it how loads of these articles mention City, like they're set to take us over etc, just what have City done? You'd think they'd already won a Cup and finished in the top 4 the way people are talking about them. They won't even finish in the top 4 ffs.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Who gives a £#%&!, we've won the league 3 times and the European cup since then
Aah yes.... the financial equivalent of spending 10k on your credit card on class a druge and then realising you've got a rather large bill when you finally get out of rehab... still, it was good whilst it lasted.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
believe

anyone know a good site for stink bombs?

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Sparky***

Brilliant stuff!

Is it 2005 already?

I'm off to open up an umbrella in vodafone, who's with me?

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
magic_cantona

Any protest at Glazer and his family is welcome afaic.

Better than doing £#%&! all.

Fair play to anyone going.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Glazer protest tbc at Old Trafford

remember not to buy any pies at birmingham

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hotdogs?

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Hotdogs?
i think it's just pies. can't remember it was that long ago.

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Brilliant stuff!

Is it 2005 already?

I'm off to open up an umbrella in vodafone, who's with me?
Im thinking of cancelling my season ticket

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
"we do not want to be owned by anyone we want to be a plc again owned by the fans"
:shakehead:

Unread 07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
i think it's just pies. can't remember it was that long ago.
Lucky for me that im an oot and I wba.

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

The main reason that things are considerably different to how they were in 1995 - when, just like over the few years that followed, there was every chance Ferguson might've walked away btw - is that Ferguson has proved beyond even the most stupid commentator's and supporter's most idiotic criticisms and doubts that he is the man for the job.

Also, I do not see where this idea that United "obviously" need to strengthen has been passed into fact. United no more obviously need to strengthen than they have at any other time; the squad always evolves and the manager will always be on the lookout for ways to improve. For example, this week he made the point that the immediate situation could obviously be improved by bringing in a top class centre-back. But it would be to the detriment of the squad overall if said player had a contract for any longer than to the end of the season unless he was actually a genuine transfer target.

How the club can possibly be said to look from the outside as being "very bleak" is anybody's guess - it looks anything but bleak to me. And as for "further asset-stripping"? wtf? What asset-stripping is that exactly, then? Laughable stuff imo.

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Stickman

"The Glazer's have been excellent"

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:25 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
"The Glazer's have been excellent"
Tufty or Ferie?

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

"I'm so proud of my players"

Unread 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Boylies pie protest worked, tickets gone from £48 down to £33!!!
Closed Thread