United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Palace away first, that's where the focus needs to be on. These £#%&!ers have a history of bottling the easier games and they can't afford to throw the points away next week.

It was a great reaction after going one down, not great (Chelsea were shocking) but at this stage we'll take it and hope that it builds up a bit of confidence which has been lacking.
Yeah that's a fairer assessment (for once), rather than this bipolar shit we're all supposed to be doing apparently.

Not one of the great United performances but a few of our perennial bugbears actually addressed which is vaguely encouraging. Packing the midfield, not taking a deficit as an excuse to down tools etc.

Sánchez was a bit mince. Though he and Martial were good for the equaliser, and the ball for Lukaku's almost was class - as was the shot itself, credit to the big fella.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Palace away first, that's where the focus needs to be on.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:29 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah that's a fairer assessment (for once), rather than this bipolar shit we're all supposed to be doing apparently.

Not one of the great United performances but a few of our perennial bugbears actually addressed which is vaguely encouraging. Packing the midfield, not taking a deficit as an excuse to down tools etc.

Sánchez was a bit mince. Though he and Martial were good for the equaliser, and the ball for Lukaku's almost was class - as was the shot itself, credit to the big fella.
I was furious after 5 minutes, you could clearly see half the team were completely off it and that won't be allowed against those lot next Saturday. But they grew in it, and I thought we dominated the second half really. It was a very similar performance to Everton.

Sanchez was in and out the game, not sure where he was playing but he was involved in the good going forward. Lukaku was decent after the equalizer (the attempted control just before ) and had a positive influence on a big game.

I was always more worried about the Palace game than Chelsea/Scousers.

jem

Quote:
Packing the midfield
that never happened.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Mini Kev

Kev and Den after the game yesterday....

“Come on the reds, LMTB OG’s”

ffs. Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Fantastic result, and one we needed.

That Liverpool game in a couple of weeks time is £#%&!ing massive. Nothing but a win will do. Then we’ve got Sevilla on the Tuesday. Be a perfect time to hit a bit of form.
Yep. Agreed pol agreed. We need to beat those wall pushing @#%&!s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Seems to be a lot of pent-up rage amongst Mourinho's supporters, sad to see tbh. He's just delivered an unimpressive victory against a poor Chelsea team, leaving us a mere 13pts behind the league leaders, who have a game in hand. Clearly, this is something to savour
Love big sanders

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:32 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Great, sandman’s here.
ffs

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that never happened.
Well not really, but at least it wasn't a doughnut. Apart from on their goal but we learned the lesson.

Speaking of midfield Kanté looks a shadow of the player of the last couple of seasons, what happened there? And Drinkwater is a pretty poor option for a club like them - though I guess Babayaro was suspended. Unfortunately for us.

Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Or United supporters sick of reading shite that wouldn't look out of place on a City or Liverpool forum. It's been poisonous on here since the Newcastle game. Why not just enjoy us beating last years champions in a big game instead of pedalling your pathetic agenda you absolute oddball

Strange response pal, I for one, am still delirious with excitement from yesterday's performance, and I am fully behind our great leader, you'll hear no dissenting voice from me. We're coming over the hill, and there's nothing Señor Guardiola can do to stop us

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:35 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Well not really, but at least it wasn't a doughnut. Apart from on their goal but we learned the lesson.

Speaking of midfield Kanté looks a shadow of the player of the last couple of seasons, what happened there? And Drinkwater is a pretty poor option for a club like them - though I guess Babayaro was suspended. Unfortunately for us.
You have to have something more than just run around every week. It was always going to catch up on him.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Or United supporters sick of reading shite that wouldn't look out of place on a City or Liverpool forum. It's been poisonous on here since the Newcastle game. Why not just enjoy us beating last years champions in a big game instead of pedalling your pathetic agenda you absolute oddball
So basically the people on "your side" get incredibly butthurt over other people having a different opinion.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
You have to have something more than just run around every week. It was always going to catch up on him.
Don't think it has. The problem for Chelsea is not having a partner for him who can pick a pass. Kante is a ball of energy and aggression but he has never been a great footballer, highly effective but expecting creativity from him is expecting too much.

Chelsea are an injury to Hazard away from being bang average, they badly need to upgrade on guys like Moses, Pedro, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Morata and Giroud. Fabregas must be close to finished at this level as well.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:45 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Strange response pal, I for one, am still delirious with excitement from yesterday's performance, and I am fully behind our great leader, you'll hear no dissenting voice from me. We're coming over the hill, and there's nothing Señor Guardiola can do to stop us
Weird - makes no sense given your previous post. Presume you’re trying to be ironic? Nice one.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Weird - makes no sense given your previous post. Presume you’re trying to be ironic? Nice one.
It was pretty subtle.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Stickman

Even Babayaros had a mention, heads gone all round.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:49 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
So basically the people on "your side" get incredibly butthurt over other people having a different opinion.
If your only response after beating the reigning champions with a decent performance thrown in is to throw snide then perhaps find something else to do.

No one is saying it’s perfect - it’s far from it - but as a supporter, it’s a good idea to enjoy things whilst you can.

There were enough positives in that 2nd half to encourage most united fans- but obviously not you you slapped arse.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:53 AM
silv

Quote:
If your only response after beating the reigning champions with a decent performance thrown in is to throw snide then perhaps find something else to do.

No one is saying it’s perfect - it’s far from it - but as a supporter, it’s a good idea to enjoy things whilst you can.

There were enough positives in that 2nd half to encourage most united fans- but obviously not you you slapped arse.
I don't get it? We were looking like we might lose that game and by a couple at one point. And we did the opposite, controlled the game and won it. And in the end weren't troubled.

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:59 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I don't get it? We were looking like we might lose that game and by a couple at one point. And we did the opposite, controlled the game and won it. And in the end weren't troubled.
Well except for them getting a corner in the last second

Unread 26-02-2018, 11:59 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
My 'side'? How old are you? I'm a United supporter and want us to win every game. I don't let a couple of bad results make me hanker after changing the manager again and spend all of my time on here posting negative shite about the club. It's very strange

Unread 26-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Keith

If you really looked around, you'll find the most rude, obnoxious and intolerant ones throwing snides have been the Toppest Of The Tops.

Quote:
No, I was happy with the win. You can be happy with the win and still criticize the team on what they did wrong and how they can improve. It doesn't make a person a "slapped arse".

The only slapped arses here are the ones wetting the bed over people who don't conform to Blind Top Redness by having a different opinion.