United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Coracao

Is he still about 20 games without a goal for them?

Unread 06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Is he still about 20 games without a goal for them?
He got a couple in last summers Copa America.

So in other words, no.

Unread 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
He got a couple in last summers Copa America.

So in other words, no.
I don't regularly watch them, the last time i saw them he had gone quite an extended time without a goal and there were talks of him no longer being first choice if it continued.

It was around the time he was last sent off for them.

Unread 06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Vic Mackey

El Kun. All Messi though.

Unread 06-09-2008, 10:14 PM
The Watcher

Much better performance from Argentina in the 2nd half - credit to the coach, who made some excellent changes. Allowed Riquelme to get back in the game. He combined with El Kun very well at times. Aguero was unlucky to miss near the end there, ball came at him too fast.

Messi is just £#%&!ing brilliant.

Mascherano misses the mid week game too because of the yellow he picked up, so he'll be well rested for Saturday. Hope he plays as well as the first half tonight - it was £#%&!ing awful

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Am I a @#%&! for revelling in that?
Well, I don't think you'll get any arguments about being a @#%&!.

I imagine if Rooney had been sent off you'd be giving it the old .....

I suspect we'd have had to put up with - "Rooney's a disgrace. He's mates with Ricky Hatton & he eats cheeseburgers DURING THE GAME ..I know this for a fact because I saw a papparazzi pic of him having a burger during the summer.
He's a liability & isn't fit to be in the same squad as Manucho etc..."

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Well, I don't think you'll get any arguments about being a @#%&!.

I imagine if Rooney had been sent off you'd be giving it the old .....

I suspect we'd have had to put up with - "Rooney's a disgrace. He's mates with Ricky Hatton & he eats cheeseburgers DURING THE GAME ..I know this for a fact because I saw a papparazzi pic of him having a burger during the summer.
He's a liability & isn't fit to be in the same squad as Manucho etc..."

Good lord mate, chill the £#%&! down.

If Rooney had been given a straight red card last night i'd be delighted, just like I was about Tevez's.

Then they'd both fully concentrate on United for the rest of the year.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Serenity Now

Going to be extremely difficult for Tevez to win his place back now. Even if he plays well, as I thought he did before getting sent off yesterday, how can Basile trust him after he sees red in two consecutive matches? It's not like he's a kid either, other than a World Cup final he's played in just about every important type of match you can imagine, so he should know better.

Oh and thank £#%&! we managed to get rid of Heinze. Every time I watch him play these days I'm amazed that he's managed to feature regularly for sides like United, Madrid and Argentina. Yes, he's tough and he knows all the tricks in the book, but he consistently makes costly mistakes and is severely lacking in terms of ability on the ball. Can't believe Sid Lowe rates him as the best defender in La Liga.
Closed Thread