United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:49 PM
puressence

Comfortable that

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
a few good performance & 2 nice goals but you have to apply context - a dead rubber against Bournemouth.

Quite enjoyed it though tbh
Would £#%&!ing love it if we smash Spurs on Saturday
it wasn't a dead rubber. after the w/e, we needed points to make sure we get second. no excuse for dropping off.

the game was more enjoyable than normal... despite the frustration of watching some players underperform and some play within themselves and darmian.... because we didn't play the way we normally play. even though there were only a couple of really good moves, we looked like something was about to happen most of the time.

we were £#%&!ing all over the place defensively, though. spurs have better players than callum wilson.

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Hargreaves: he's been the best player on the pitch alongside Herrera

Scholes: he's been fantastic tonight, great passing

Redknapp: we know he's got this in him, he was great first half

Jem: poor
Football and politics really aren't his bag

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it wasn't a dead rubber. after the w/e, we needed points to make sure we get second. no excuse for dropping off.

the game was more enjoyable than normal... despite the frustration of watching some players underperform and some play within themselves and darmian.... because we didn't play the way we normally play. even though there were only a couple of really good moves, we looked like something was about to happen most of the time.

we were f***ing all over the place defensively, though. spurs have better players than callum wilson.
Yep, far better shape to the attacking play. Made it look as we actually had a plan and a purpose even when the final ball or choice was off.

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Football and politics really aren't his bag
I feel like I've won an award.

just need ak14 to say I have poor taste in women now and I'll have to start thanking people.

Unread 18-04-2018, 09:57 PM
armchair

i know blind had one howler but before that his passing was quick and progressive compared to the square ball crew.

he'll be a good signing for someone. i think he could be libero at ajax for years tbh.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Can't see why some think it's a dead rubber

Top 4 plus finishing above the scouse and spuds should be motivation enough
don't care if we finish second or tenth if we don't finish first tbh
If we're going to approach the Champions League with the unforgivable attitude that we did in the Sevilla tie I'd rather not bother.

The League is over. City are champions.

It's all about Saturday.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I feel like I've won an award.

just need ak14 to say I have poor taste in women now and I'll have to start thanking people.
Tbf you probably have.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:04 PM
jem

can't believe these @#%&!s wanted two penalties. jones was having his shirt pulled.

jose not being miserable in his interview.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
If we're going to approach the Champions League with the unforgivable attitude that we did in the Sevilla tie I'd rather not bother.

The League is over. City are champions.

It's all about Saturday.

Ok

Ricky Bobby over here.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:06 PM
My Name is Keith

Much better play - quicker, more aggressive and direct. Something that mou suggests he recognises but seemingly can’t replicate consistently.

Bit weird - Jekyll and Hyde team. Has to be coached better. Has to be.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:07 PM
jem

Quote:
need cl to attract the best players in the world.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Can't see why some think it's a dead rubber

Top 4 plus finishing above the scouse and spuds should be motivation enough
Playing for Manchester United should be motivation enough.

Unread 18-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Playing for Manchester United should be motivation enough.
Indeed

Unread 19-04-2018, 08:16 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Much better play - quicker, more aggressive and direct. Something that mou suggests he recognises but seemingly can’t replicate consistently.

Bit weird - Jekyll and Hyde team. Has to be coached better. Has to be.

Agreed. I feel a sense of "relief" about last nights result, indeed in the end i'd describe it as "comfortable" but really it should have been given the difference in quality.

No disrespect intended, but we did only beat Bournemouth. The fact that we should have had a "comfortable" win against WBA and failed that challenge does not make last nights win an achievement worthy of note really.

Unread 19-04-2018, 08:19 AM
Drexl

Very very hard to defend Blind when he insists on doing that horrible blow dry thing to his hair Just needs to tint it purple and he would be my nana

Unread 19-04-2018, 08:28 AM
browser

Martial needs a run of games from the left, easily our best attacker there - so much more dangerous than Sanchez, can beat people for fun.

Thought Rashford showed flashes of his best too at times, great feet, chasing defenders down and stretching their back four with intelligent runs. The bit where he robbed Ake and created his own chance was superb. He's at the stage now where needs to be getting minutes. Scores both goals in a 2-1 win vs Liverpool and gets benched for weeks

Amazing how many defenders we still need, Smalling head and shoulders above any of our other centre halves this season which is bonkers.

Also, love that Mou only starts Shaw when we're in the grey kit to make him look as fat as possible.

Unread 19-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Jethro

Whats this about Carrick acting as peacemaker between Pogba and Mourinho?

Unread 19-04-2018, 09:06 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Whats this about Carrick acting as peacemaker between Pogba and Mourinho?
Never happened.

Unread 19-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Jethro

Anyone else?