United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
May have misrepresented that but I don't think we will learn anything more about him. I doubt he'll improve his scoring rate which is already pretty ridiculous.
World class scoring Record imo

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
May have misrepresented that but I don't think we will learn anything more about him. I doubt he'll improve his scoring rate which is already pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, if. I also said 'if spurs improve'. Ie, if they continue the way they are, he can kick on. If they don't, he'll leave. Either way, he'll be playing CL football more regularly, he's England's main man now Rooney has gone and more will be expected of him, the better he gets.

In general, we'll learn more about him in there next couple of years

We love to slap these World Class (whatever that means...) labels on players asap.

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:09 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
World class scoring Record imo
Certainly up there with the very best and Leigh Griffiths.

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yeah, if. I also said 'if spurs improve'. Ie, if they continue the way they are, he can kick on. If they don't, he'll leave. Either way, he'll be playing CL football more regularly, he's England's main man now Rooney has gone and more will be expected of him, the better he gets.

We love to slap these World Class (whatever that means...) labels on players asap.
It's because you're so wordy you come across as neggy towards him..

Kane train ?

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Fair points. It'll be a test of his loyalty because he knows he can earn double / triple the wages somewhere else but the lad does seem a unassuming, level-headed guy. Maybe he doesn't want to leave the bubble as siders puts it.

You're right on slapping world class labels - I think he absolutely deserves it now.

But we're also quick to slap wonderkid labels.........and Harry Kane certainly wasn't. His progression should be perspective for those who moan at Rashford and Martial for not banging hattricks every other week but also an example for someone like James Wilson whose career has stalled.

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's because you're so wordy you come across as neggy towards him..

Kane train ?
Not wordy

Unread 28-09-2017, 12:28 AM
King Tubby

Never a Jimmy Greaves.

Unread 28-09-2017, 03:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tubby
Never a Jimmy Greaves.
Not a pisshead, then?

Unread 05-10-2017, 08:12 PM
TheFatGoth

Sir Bobby Moore

edit: Messi

Unread 06-10-2017, 10:47 AM
King Eric

It's a good job England have Kane, apart from Rashford, we have a team of very average players and a crap goaly, which doesn't bode well for the finals. At least we are there and with Kane up front we always have a goal threat.

Unread 06-10-2017, 10:52 AM
forwardirektion

Front 4 of Kane, Rashford, Alli & Sterling is good tbf

Rest of the squad is absolute dogshit

Unread 06-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

Yup. That midfield

Unread 07-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Smalling

Unread 07-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion

couldn't agree more. The central midfield is just abysmal.

Unread 07-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Swagger

Quote:
Why does he have to move to a bigger club? At this moment Spurs are a very good team. The reputation of the club means nothing if they challenging at the moment.
Scoring for Spurs is easier than scoring for say, Juventus

Could you imagine the reaction if Lukaku didn't score for us until September?

Unread 08-10-2017, 04:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Cantona

Unread 08-10-2017, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Cantona
What about him?
Closed Thread