Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
A #@&%!erney writes........

Like how the £#%&! would you know?
because i was a LMTB/season ticket holder for about 10 years you self righteous tit.

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:54 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
because i was a LMTB/season ticket holder for about 10 years you self righteous tit.
Fair enough, over what period was that?

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdownmiserylane
fair enough, over what period was that?

1997-2009

to be honest i sold both my season tickets on to a friend every year from about 2005 onwards as i couldn't afford them anymore. didn't renew after 2009

Unread 23-11-2012, 08:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I dont know why people still bother talking to people full stop.

"Morning"

"Oh £#%&! off already."
About right, tbh

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:04 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
1997-2009

to be honest i sold both my season tickets on to a friend every year from about 2005 onwards as i couldn't afford them anymore. didn't renew after 2009
The rot had set in already by then tbf. Don't know exactly when the PLC turned the club into a fully fledged marketing scam, but a lot of the experience of being able to flog 'packages' and literally any kind of tat to large numbers of Irish was the original model.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Yes, I rarely talk to football other than with my old man tbh. I'll talk to people who support other teams, especially lower league teams and ask how they're doing etc but I avoid any United or any "PL" talk. Most people are just absolutely clueless. You can tell straight away as well with their views on certain players/things or if they're just repeating Sky Sports News or the papers.

Anyone who says Carrick is "shit" usually loses my attention straight away. Oh look he isn't charging about blocking shots etc he must be shit.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The rot had set in already by then tbf. Don't know exactly when the PLC turned the club into a fully fledged marketing scam, but a lot of the experience of being able to flog 'packages' and literally any kind of tat to large numbers of Irish was the original model.
all joking aside, the principle ones responsible for the complete lack of atmosphere inside the stadium is the club. they've steadily turned old trafford into a theme park and gone to great lengths to ensure that anyone who might actually create some sort of noise is foisted out of the ground asap and replaced by somone more middle class and more likely to buy some shit in the mega@#%&!.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:11 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yes, I rarely talk to football other than with my old man tbh. I'll talk to people who support other teams, especially lower league teams and ask how they're doing etc but I avoid any United or any "PL" talk. Most people are just absolutely clueless. You can tell straight away as well with their views on certain players/things or if they're just repeating Sky Sports News or the papers.

Anyone who says Carrick is "shit" usually loses my attention straight away. Oh look he isn't charging about blocking shots etc he must be shit.
No Carrick is shit to be fair

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:14 PM
red @rmy

I hate it whenever anyone dissects every minute of a game win or lose.
I'm like fergie tbh, just move on to the next game and get on with it.

I have nightmares of being stuck in a packed snug surrounded by throbs, borsuk, dunk et al.
Have a drink watch motd and go to bed.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:18 PM
andyroo

Most of my colleagues who actually like the game and aren't rugby bores are pretty sound, they all hate United but I hate their clubs too (Chelsea, Celtic, Sunderland, QPR for some £#%&!ing stupid reason) so that's fair game and they don't buy all the ABU rubbish.

Some of the £#%&!ers in my local though. Berties who used to laugh at United fans wearing scarves or shirts in the pub (not that I do) and how rubbish modern football is, are now at it themselves with their fresh new 70s-style replica shirts and bigging up what £#%&!ing great fans they are. Jesus. They even get up and do that "Poznan" shit when they score.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

i hate talking to anyone about football who simply uses following a football team as a vehicle to act like a complete %@#$&! and live out juvenile fantasies by having punch ups with other like-minded £#%&!ers across england and europe.

they usually don't care much about the team or the result as long as they've had a chance to stand, arms outstretched, infront of the other teams supporters and bask in the glow of their own utter @#%&!ishness.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:20 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
all joking aside, the principle ones responsible for the complete lack of atmosphere inside the stadium is the club. they've steadily turned old trafford into a theme park and gone to great lengths to ensure that anyone who might actually create some sort of noise is foisted out of the ground asap and replaced by somone more middle class and more likely to buy some shit in the mega@#%&!.
Hexcatly this. I wasn't having a swipe at the Irish per se, but they were the first group of tourist type fans to show up in numbers which opened up the 'sales opportunity' for the corporates to flog the ManU experience. Totally different animal from your genuine OOTers.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:24 PM
eusker

I always tell colleagues and people I've just met that I'm not into football. At weddings and the like if someone says something like "Oh, you live in Manchester, you must be a City fan" I've taken to walking off mid-conversation without saying anything.

Drives the wife mental.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I find the Oirish the worst, complete experts on everything football and united despite never having seen any football barring the odd trip to OT (which they played a big hand in £#%&!ing up as the original day tripping £#%&!wits)

They tend to have encyclopaedic knowledge of Fhacts and figures. player stats and such like learned by rote and gleaned from reading every tabloid every day and are the ultimate Sky boys. Their hearts are in the right place, but £#%&! me they take some listening to.

On the whole, I don't really like talking to anyone who hasn't either played or watched football (not on TV) and point blank refuse to discuss the game with women.
You don't half talk some £#%&!in rubbish.

Day trippers is one thing but this hit about facts is just made up bollox.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

All things considered the recent history of the club replicates the same as the country. Everything that was worthy and sound has been turned to shite and commoditized.

Gone are the days when all the lads at the match had a decent (ish) job, was a union member and shared the values of nearly everyone they stood next to.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:34 PM
woody78

I was chatting to a Liverpool fan before we played them at OT last season.
He said Liverpool would win (fair enough I suppose ) because they were hitting form .
He then went on to say they would win every remaining league game . He was serious too .

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
All things considered the recent history of the club replicates the same as the country. Everything that was worthy and sound has been turned to shite and commoditized.

Gone are the days when all the lads at the match had a decent (ish) job, was a union member and shared the values of nearly everyone they stood next to.

''The good old' days''

What age are you, 60?

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
You don't half talk some £#%&!in rubbish.

Day trippers is one thing but this hit about facts is just made up bollox.
hope I haven't hit a rare nerve there Fuzz, but it is my experience. I'm amazed by the amount of irish people I've met with exhaustive 'factual' knowledge who have seen united in the skin a handful of times.

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
No Carrick is shit to be fair
Everybody ignore Thrush's opinions on football.

Right?

Unread 23-11-2012, 09:43 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

''The good old' days''

What age are you, 60?
Glad you got it, 48 which is worse.
Closed Thread