United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:06 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Has anyone done their coaching badges?

Doing my level 1 next month.

After that I might do 2, 3 and 4 and suceed Alex Ferguson as the next manager of Manchester United.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
jaffo

Default Re: Has anyone done their coaching badges?

Good luck Carlo, remember to shout 'bring your fackin' dinner' at them a lot

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Jethro

Good luck. Was considering it but going to wait till I am fully fit again.

Very handy thing to have.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

After that I might do 2, 3 and 4 and suceed Alex Ferguson as the next manager of Manchester United.

You won't pass until you buy a sheepskin coat pal.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
no fun

did the basic level 1 about 7 years ago - but didnt want to go any further as my tactic of " intimidate the oppositions best player until he cries" was not in the manual

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Baron

If I had a kid I'd do it, as it stands I can't abide the little @#%&!s so £#%&! knows why I'd want to spend time with them on my own accord.

I could be in the pub shouting at the telly instead.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
ReligiousRed

ABA level 1 in couple months

I have however decided to not follow the path of most and become the lowest rank trainer of 5 in the club and i'm going to be involved in local youthclubs and youth work doing sessions to get the young guns involved and hopefully enourage the better ones to drop the gats and get down to their local clubs.

The ones that are not good enough can keep shanking each other and we will end up with less bad kids in the long run anyway

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
The_Ace_of_Spades

Quote:

I did my level 1 at the end of last year, You can't fail it so don't worry about that.

It's a good thing to have if your coaching young children, as it gives you plenty of idea's for sessions and is based around been fun whilst teaching them the basic skills.

Level 2 is supposed to be alot harder, with plenty of people failing. I'm hoping to do my level 2 towards the end of this year, I'm just put off by the £215 it costs when i might not pass

Good luck with the level 1 though

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Still not got round to doing mine, been told I need to do it before September though, where you doing yours Carlo? I might join you.

Its a 32 hour course, thats what put me off, induction on the Monday 6pm-9pm then 2 full weekends 9-5pm.

Should do it really as I'm not paying for any of them

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
ABA level 1 in couple months

I have however decided to not follow the path of most and become the lowest rank trainer of 5 in the club and i'm going to be involved in local youthclubs and youth work doing sessions to get the young guns involved and hopefully enourage the better ones to drop the gats and get down to their local clubs.

The ones that are not good enough can keep shanking each other and we will end up with less bad kids in the long run anyway
I did that course. Let me know if it's a scouser called John that takes your course. Among other outlandish boasts he claimed to have introduced karate to Britain.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Jack Duckworth

i've done level 1 at lancs fa in leyland. it's a piece of piss, carlo. i don't think you need to go any higher if you're just planning on coaching at local kids football.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:47 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
I did that course. Let me know if it's a scouser called John that takes your course. Among other outlandish boasts he claimed to have introduced karate to Britain.

I am going to Bristol for it mate so I doubt it's same bloke, I think they do them all over the country, more a county thing i think.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:51 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Still not got round to doing mine, been told I need to do it before September though, where you doing yours Carlo? I might join you.

Its a 32 hour course, thats what put me off, induction on the Monday 6pm-9pm then 2 full weekends 9-5pm.

South Mcr Sports Club - Heald Green.

1 x full day Saturday, 2 x full day Sundays and 2 evenings.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:53 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
South Mcr Sports Club - Heald Green.

1 x full day Saturday, 2 x full day Sundays and 2 evenings.
Have you got a link for that, thats much better than the Manchester and Cheshire FA ones, I might come and join you
PM me if you've got the link

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM
forwardirektion

Don't do it, you wouldn't get clough doing them..........they just want robots based on Howard Wilkinson, just say you've got it no one will check. It's like putting a degree on your cv.

Unread 07-07-2011, 10:59 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Have you got a link for that, thats much better than the Manchester and Cheshire FA ones, I might come and join you
I haven't got a link, our club has sorted it.

No mention of the courses on here...

http://www.sportinstockport.com/

Edit: Found an email address, will pm you

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
red @rmy

Quote:

nofun said you were on the register pal.

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
nofun said you were on the register pal.
got let off after he promised to burn the bananaman outfit

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
*cringe*

Bit desperate that mate.

"can I come with you, looks ace, if people see me knocking about with carlo I might get some green squares"

Unread 07-07-2011, 11:07 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

slightly off topic, but I love stories where people make such outlandish claims

I used to work with a woman who told absolute massive lies, including ;

her husband had been comissioned to rebuild the acropolis

she had 2 weeks off work to go on safari to Kenya - she returned with no suntan, and the photos were definately of Knowsley safari park
Closed Thread