United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2014, 09:50 PM
carlosartorial

Default City's accounts published.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ge-bill-income

Overall losses down to a mere £52M.

Income up to £271M (including £143M from sponsoring themselves and £44M from selling 'intellectual property' rights (no, me neither) to themselves.

Paid out £233M in wages (86% of income).

Expect to comply with FFP regulations.

Soriano said when releasing the accounts: "Growing revenues and controlled expenses are bringing the club to break even in the immediate future, and profitability thereafter."

Yeah right.

In summary, a joke.

Unread 29-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Bunker Buster

£712M since 2008 :shakehead:

£#%&!ing football.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:03 PM
My Name is Keith

The only way they can fail is if their owners get bored. Can't see that happening until they have won the European cup and are repetitively dominant in the premiership.

My only other hope was that the German league became dominant and they were attracted/distracted elsewhere.

Can't see any of this anytime soon - plus they are investing in the long term sustainability of the club (unlike united) so the omens aren't good.

The only good thing to come out of all this is that I'm becoming less and less interested in football, regardless of city, and the memories of my teens, 20's and 30's following united throughout Europe when we were dominant because of our football rather than some oil money will last me for a lifetime.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The only way they can fail is if their owners get bored. Can't see that happening until they have won the European cup and are repetitively dominant in the premiership.
We need to give up this idea that they'll get 'bored.' It takes no effort on their part to run things. They may well be bored already - it doesn't mean they'll up stakes and leave.

What we need is for them to somehow go broke.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
We need to give up this idea that they'll get 'bored.' It takes no effort on their part to run things. They may well be bored already - it doesn't mean they'll up stakes and leave.

Yep. Absolutely no chance. They (and Bellers tbf) are the public face of the UAE. Not gonna happen.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Yep. Absolutely no chance. They (and Bellers tbf) are the public face of the UAE. Not gonna happen.
His triumphant return to the UK as the head of the New Red Knights can't come soon enough.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:13 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
His triumphant return to the UK as the head of the New Red Knights can't come soon enough.
Again, not gonna happen. The scouser will take half his money (and the house and boat) when they get divorced.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

I think it's up to Bellers to lead a guerrilla war campaign of burning all of Abu Dhabi's oil wells

Either that or someone develops cheap endless free fuel source

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:14 PM
signed dc

Quote:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ge-bill-income

Overall losses down to a mere £52M.

Income up to £271M (including £143M from sponsoring themselves and £44M from selling 'intellectual property' rights (no, me neither) to themselves.

Paid out £233M in wages (86% of income).

Expect to comply with FFP regulations.

Soriano said when releasing the accounts: "Growing revenues and controlled expenses are bringing the club to break even in the immediate future, and profitability thereafter."

Yeah right.

In summary, a joke.
The sponsorship of themselves is a complete joke. If Platini wanted to actually enforce FFP he should have done something about it, they're making him look like a tit.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Again, not gonna happen. The scouser will take half his money (and the house and boat) when they get divorced.
Shame. It would be a laugh guessing which players we've signed from pictures of their feet on coffee tables.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:18 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Shame. It would be a laugh guessing which players we've signed from pictures of their feet on coffee tables.
Or pictures of their balls.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Their net expenditure on transfers is almost equivalent to the dividends the gimps have been paying themselves.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:34 PM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
£712M since 2008 :shakehead:

£#%&!ing football.
It's like a bad dream.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Their net expenditure on transfers is almost equivalent to the dividends the gimps have been paying themselves.
This is the real £#%&!ing scandal.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
If Platini wanted to actually enforce FFP

United need to £#%&!ing deal with this & get their £#%&!ing act together. Buy midfielders you £#%&!ing bastards.

Unread 29-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

United need to £#%&!ing deal with this & get their £#%&!ing act together. Buy midfielders you £#%&!ing bastards.
This this and @#%&!ing this.

Hit 4th and Break the bank, or we'll get swallowed up...

Are they arsed ?

Unread 29-01-2014, 11:00 PM
wonky no

If we're good enough it won't mTter what they do

Unread 29-01-2014, 11:09 PM
lztom

Oh for the day that we can take the @#%&!s on without one hand tied behind our back because of the gimps.

Unread 29-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
If we're good enough it won't mTter what they do
Oh the days when.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lztom
Oh for the day that we can take the @#%&!s on without one hand tied behind our back because of the gimps.
Bullshit.

United should strive to beat these EVERY time we play.

Unread 29-01-2014, 11:21 PM
lztom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Oh the days when.......

Bullshit.

United should strive to beat these EVERY time we play.

I didn't say we shouldn't?
Closed Thread