£#%&!ing love Ruud. Legend

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:01 PM
waynes ear's

does he say anything interesting?

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
My dad mentioned this yesterday. Apparently Ruud said being dropped for the Carling Cup final made him leave?

Still love Ruud. Best striker I've seen at the club. A ruthless predator.

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Love Ruud.
Amazing to think he only won one League Title & an FA Cup at the Club.
He deserved a European Cup more than any £#%&!er. His goals ratio in Europe was breathtaking. I can't remember him playing a Champions League match & not scoring ffs

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

One of the best 'big game' players I've seen too. When it really mattered, he'd score. Highbury in 2003

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
One of the best 'big game' players I've seen too. When it really mattered, he'd score. Highbury in 2003
puts chico's 'finishing' into perspective too.

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:31 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Love Ruud.
Amazing to think he only won one League Title & an FA Cup at the Club.
He deserved a European Cup more than any £#%&!er. His goals ratio in Europe was breathtaking. I can't remember him playing a Champions League match & not scoring ffs
Very true, was gutted when he left, that 44 goals in one season takes some doing!

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
borsuk

Quote:

proper all-round striker as well, two-footed, good in the air, one-touch control, pace off a standing start, power with no backlift, hard to knock off the ball...

£#%&!sakes

Unread 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Chorlton74

loved the horse

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Tiberian

I had actually forgotten how good he was at his peak for Utd. There was a little discussion the other day and a youtube compilation was posted. He scored some great goals, 150 in 219 games , and that record was during a transitional period for the side.

Was he the best out and out striker of the last decade in European football?

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
armchair

He was just £#%&!ing deadly but let's not pretend he was some type of all round player. How many did he score outside the box and how little interest did he have in being part of the build up? A lot of the time he did very little except score goals but that was always enough for me. Oh and he didn't have real pace. Good on a gallop though.

Unread 01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He was just £#%&!ing deadly but let's not pretend he was some type of all round player. How many did he score outside the box and how little interest did he have in being part of the build up? A lot of the time he did very little except score goals but that was always enough for me. Oh and he didn't have real pace. Good on a gallop though.
He was very much part of the build-up when he first came. His first touch and awareness was class.

Unread 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
Apparently Ruud said being dropped for the Carling Cup final made him leave?
Doesn't show him in a terribly good light, tbh

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:16 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

What a £#%&!ing player

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

he was absolutely deadly and a brilliant goalscorer for us, especially in the big games. however, i never really took to him. i know that says more about me than anything else, but i just want to put that out there, like a confessional or something.

thanks for listening.

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he was absolutely deadly and a brilliant goalscorer for us, especially in the big games. however, i never really took to him. i know that says more about me than anything else, but i just want to put that out there, like a confessional or something.

thanks for listening.
I'm the complete opposite jack, I'd bum the guy half to death then nurse him for weeks....

An utter machine.

If he had a twitter I'd ask him out.

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:37 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If he had a twitter I'd ask him out.
He does and you can.

Ruud was a Top Red who had an affinity with our support. One of the last players I genuinely liked. Went at the right time, just a shame it was under such nasty circumstances. I was gutted when I found out he'd £#%&!ed off, just before KO against Charlton

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Neo

One of my favourite Reds of the last ten years. What a £#%&!ing player; the best striker we've had in the Premier League era IMO.

If Henry had scored this goal Martin Tyler would have self-combusted and London would have called for football to be cancelled for five years as an honorary gesture.

It shows how Ruud had pace, power and wonderful feet, which all often get overlooked when he's wrongly bracketed as a 'poacher'. He was much more than that; he was a complete striker.

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:51 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
One of my favourite Reds of the last ten years. What a £#%&!ing player; the best striker we've had in the Premier League era IMO.

If Henry had scored this goal Martin Tyler would have self-combusted and London would have called for football to be cancelled for five years as an honorary gesture.

It shows how Ruud had pace, power and wonderful feet, which all often get overlooked when he's wrongly bracketed as a 'poacher'. He was much more than that; he was a complete striker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6NPCsA2NI
Great goal, but Ruud wasn't a complete striker imo
Closed Thread