United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2014, 02:20 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
You see, stuff like this is utter balls as well. United never concentrate on winning games at that level, it's about developing the players and nothing more, when was the last City youth player to get into their fist team? they aren't flooding the league with players from their academy either. United produce more professional footballers than any club in this £#%&!ing country, the quality problem is right through the British game.

It's just more £#%&!ing nonsense, probably being put out by Moyes because he knows we've got a tradition of youth football and the daft @#%&! supporters will lap it up, we've had players at United before whose kids ended up at City, so that's nothing new either. what the £#%&! does Moyes know about building a youth system? the Everton youth coach has just recently said he wasn't really interested in that side of the club.

I £#%&!ing hate this @#%&!, he's going to reinvent youth football now, Dave's a £#%&!ing miracle worker apparently, he's going to show Fergie where he went wrong and fix the mess he left:shakehead:
No club has done more to produce and develop young players in English Football in the last ten years
That many aren't quite "Utd standard" is more a reflection of what that used to mean.

I expect more young players to reach that bar as Utd standard is re-defined under this sneaky, useless @#%&!.

The plus side is between the slight decline in coaching in recent years, followed by a stark decline under this incompetent and (like it or not) the growing commercial success and FFP, it's a fantastic job for a proven but ambitious manager that wants to move up a notch.

Unread 19-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Sparky***

I can't believe people are questioning our amazing youth set up. I mean, look at all those great players it produced 20 years ago.

Unread 19-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I can't believe people are questioning our amazing youth set up. I mean, look at all those great players it produced 20 years ago.
Erm, you forgot Wellbeck

Unread 19-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Saying that, I have no idea how United have managed to £#%&! up the commercial side of the soccer schools. I guess in City's case they are just able to chuck money at it but how the £#%&! have we been unable to build on the brand in places like China and SE Asia? Guess getting Mr Potato on board is a bigger priority
I'm not sure they do it in those places strictly to develop talent; I think any money they spend on 'grassroots' football works to their benefit with FFP. That's why they and Chelsea have been investing in some of the biggest youth clubs in the US, such as City with Downtown United SC in New York City (the job I turned down) and Chelsea with CASL in Raleigh.

Unread 19-04-2014, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
oh right - didn't know that
C'mon mate, the difference is pretty basic

The likes of SAF and Jose have EARNED THE RIGHT to do things like that. Motes?? :shakehead:

Unread 19-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Doctor Hver

Cannot believe how shit this season has been for me, far as my personal life goes and supporting United goes.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Zorg

Still makes a sneering comment about people who could see Moyes was £#%&!ing awful very early on. Funny how these people who have been taking shit all season with cretinous comparisons to Ferguson and accusations of fans being spoilt are suddenly acting all sagey.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:14 PM
irk

"One director said", who ffs? you have this information why not give it to us as is a journo's brief? the desperate to seem in the know bore. long winded @#%&! stating the obvious @#%&!.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Still makes a sneering comment about people who could see Moyes was £#%&!ing awful very early on
By looking at objective measuring instruments as results, performances, what the new manager says and does - THE BASTARDS!

Much better to uncritically swallow the line that Moyes was "cut from the same cloth" in some indefinable, mystical way

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:35 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I thought this part was interesting. Fergie and Gill maybe gone but it seems we're still in thrall to Jorge Mendes
Fergie, mendes and the club have all made up and he's back in.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
"One director said", who ffs? you have this information why not give it to us as is a journo's brief? the desperate to seem in the know bore. long winded @#%&! stating the obvious @#%&!.
If a journo printed names like that he'd no longer have directors telling him stuff.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:35 AM
andyroo

What's Mendes done for us? Took Cristiano and replaced him with Anderson and Bebe. Cheers pal.

Unread 20-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
If a journo printed names like that he'd no longer have directors telling him stuff.
Bingo. It's called 'off the record', irkles. Real world stuff, none of your utopian fantasies.
Closed Thread