United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2014, 12:30 AM
ZiggyStardust

Talking Pirlo - "Purple-nosed Ferguson set his guard dog on me"

This is an extract from Pirlo's new book

Quote:
Even Sir Alex Ferguson, the purple-nosed manager who turned Manchester United into a fearsome battleship, couldn’t resist the temptation. He's a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night.

At Milan, he unleashed Park Ji-sung to shadow me. He rushed about at the speed of an electron. He'd fling himself at me, his hands all over my back, trying to intimidate me. He'd look at the ball and not know what it was for.

They'd programmed him to stop me. His devotion to the task was almost touching. Even though he was a famous player, he consented to being used as a guard dog.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...gue-final.html

Unread 15-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Ashley's Grime

£#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 15-04-2014, 12:33 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

I'm sure this book is a giant wum

Was just about to start a thread, I've ordered it

He's absolutely brill

I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for £#%&!’s sake.

Unread 15-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Need to get this.....

Top bearded red.

Unread 15-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Jethro

Sounds incredible

Unread 15-04-2014, 01:01 AM
ryanMUFC

Poncey Italian @#%&!. Imagine the sob story he'd write if he played against Keano.
Wasn't he part of the side that £#%&!ed up a 3 goal lead to the scousers?

Unread 15-04-2014, 01:03 AM
sudored

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
I'm sure this book is a giant wum

Was just about to start a thread, I've ordered it

He's absolutely brill

I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for £#%&!’s sake.

I know the feeling

Unread 15-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Poncey Italian @#%&!. Imagine the sob story he'd write if he played against Keano.
Wasn't he part of the side that £#%&!ed up a 3 goal lead to the scousers?
Yes bottled his pen the useless £#%&!ing coward.

Unread 15-04-2014, 01:15 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Yes bottled his pen the useless £#%&!ing coward.
Absolute bottle jobs. He can stick his £#%&!ing book. Can't forgive Milan as a club for that nevermind the #@&%!s on the pitch that £#%&!ed it up. We'd be one CL behind the dippers.. :shakehead:

Unread 15-04-2014, 01:49 AM
MagnificentSeven

Thumbs up

his pen against joe hart in 2012 was just though

Unread 15-04-2014, 02:20 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Absolute bottle jobs. He can stick his £#%&!ing book. Can't forgive Milan as a club for that nevermind the #@&%!s on the pitch that £#%&!ed it up. We'd be one CL behind the dippers.. :shakehead:
He won't sleep tonight knowing RyanMUFC won't be reading his book nqat

Unread 15-04-2014, 02:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
He won't sleep tonight knowing RyanMUFC won't be reading his book nqat

RuanMUFC will NEVER forgive any member of Milan staff or players that played that night...
Ever.

He's ripping up forgiveness for this lot,

Forever.

Unread 15-04-2014, 02:24 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

RuanMUFC will NEVER forgive any member of Milan staff or players that played that night...
Ever.

He's ripping up forgiveness for this lot,

Forever.

Real respect real

Unread 15-04-2014, 04:14 AM
believe

I was praying that Hodgson had called him "Purwo" Looks like a god read.

Unread 15-04-2014, 07:00 AM
puressence

adore him fantastic player ...plays in a tux with a cigar ...

Unread 15-04-2014, 07:02 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
One part of my job I’ll never learn to love is the pre-match warm-up. I hate it with every fibre of my being. It actually disgusts me. It’s nothing but m**********n for conditioning coaches.
he should play under moyes, round and wee jimmy lumsden.

Unread 15-04-2014, 07:15 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
his pen against joe hart in 2012 was just though
Especially considering he had to overcome Joe Hart pulling funny faces at him. That went really well.

Unread 15-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Mard-arse. An eye-tie whinging about being man-marked.

:shakehead:

Unread 15-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

While ferguson is no doubt a purple nosed clown, I can't help but feel pirlo is a precious little pirla tbh.

Unread 15-04-2014, 08:16 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
"Caressing the ball was something I had to do. I lifted my eyes to the heavens and asked for help because if God exists, there's no way he's French."

Quote:
"I don't feel pressure ... I don't give a toss about it. I spent the afternoon of Sunday, July 9, 2006 in Berlin sleeping and playing the PlayStation. In the evening, I went out and won the World Cup."
Closed Thread