Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
proper £#%&!ing odd you
This makes no sense....

I don't like international football unless it a tournament....

England losing enrages the right type of people...

I have no affection to the English national side in any capacity....

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Jokes aside, this is the best england squad i've ever seen in my life.

If they don't win something it'll be a £#%&!ing scandal.
Better than the 2002-2006 one?

That was a pretty good squad back then tbf.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Yep. They don’t it’s all down to waistcoat.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:53 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

They play in a competition every 2 years (unless you count the nations league or whatever it is).

Not winning something is very likely.

I don’t think the starting 11 is better than the 2004-2006 side.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Better than the 2002-2006 one?

That was a pretty good squad back then tbf.
the squad yeah absolutely.

don't forget the £#%&!ing 2002-2006 squad had shite like david james, trevor sinclair and danny mills playing in it.

oh and darius vassell

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
the squad yeah absolutely.

don't forget the £#%&!ing 2002-2006 squad had shite like david james, trevor sinclair and danny mills playing in it.

oh and darius vassell
James was better than any current English keeper.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
James was better than any current English keeper.
oh shut up

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:59 PM
armchair

Maguire 3.63 rating on the bbc website. Bellingham 8.59.

Most are about 6. No-one got a 4. Gallager and Wilson were the next lowest at 5.2 and 5.14.

Unread 12-09-2023, 10:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
oh shut up
He was. This is comfortable the worst set of English keepers in my lifetime. Back up keepers like Flowers and Nigel Martyn were better than this lot.

As with most squads through the years, this one is unbalanced. An abundance of wide players, but a shite collection of centre backs. For every Saka instead of Vassel, there’s a Mings for Campbell.

It should certainly be a lot better than it is under that drip Southgate though.

Unread 12-09-2023, 10:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
oh shut up
David James played for City so the dr is slightly biased.

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Southgate slating Ned here…

Unread 13-09-2023, 08:07 AM
Patty_b

Maguire can £#%&! off. No sympathy now. Maybe if he'd been happy in a squad that wants him and playing regular top flight football, he wouldn't have ended sticking one in the back of his own net.

But he chose to hold out for a big pay-off, and failing that, just collect his fat weekly wage instead. £#%&! him. He made his choice and now he can mop up the tears that fall from his stupid fat head with that money he chose over playing competitive first team football. @#%&!.

Said when Madrid signed Bellingham that he's the best player in the world. I can't think of another all round player that can get near him at the moment. The lads a £#%&!ing beast.

Unread 13-09-2023, 08:12 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Maguire can £#%&! off. No sympathy now. Maybe if he'd been happy in a squad that wants him and playing regular top flight football, he wouldn't have ended sticking one in the back of his own net.

But he chose to hold out for a big pay-off, and failing that, just collect his fat weekly wage instead. £#%&! him. He made his choice and now he can mop up his the tears that fall from his stupid fat head with that money he chose over playing competitive first team football. @#%&!.

Said when Madrid signed Bellingham that he's the best player in the world. I can't think of another all round player that can get near him at the moment. The lads a £#%&!ing beast.
Yep. The stick he gets is over the top, but he had a chance this summer to rebuild his career and reputation, but instead he chose to steer into the meme he’s become.

A load of the shit he’s received this week has been because he’s selected for England despite not playing for us. That’s on him. His choice.

Every appearance he makes now is this heightened, simmering disaster. You can feel the tension, the anxiety spreading through the whole backline whenever he’s there.

He was never a great defender, but he was never this calamitous and meek in his play. It’s absolutely ridiculous that he stuck around. A player has never been more finished at a club than Maguire is right now for us.

Unread 13-09-2023, 09:20 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This makes no sense....

I don't like international football unless it a tournament....

England losing enrages the right type of people...

I have no affection to the English national side in any capacity....
Yep, exactly how I feel

Don't give a £#%&! - leave it for the lower league teams supporters. Let them sing about 10 German bombers and (insert name) get battered everywhere they go.
Tramps

Unread 13-09-2023, 09:31 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. The stick he gets is over the top, but he had a chance this summer to rebuild his career and reputation, but instead he chose to steer into the meme he’s become.

A load of the shit he’s received this week has been because he’s selected for England despite not playing for us. That’s on him. His choice.

Every appearance he makes now is this heightened, simmering disaster. You can feel the tension, the anxiety spreading through the whole backline whenever he’s there.

He was never a great defender, but he was never this calamitous and meek in his play. It’s absolutely ridiculous that he stuck around. A player has never been more finished at a club than Maguire is right now for us.
Although he’ll probably have to start for us on Sat

Unread 13-09-2023, 10:01 AM
DublinRedDevil

'his men would follow him anywhere, if only out of a sense of morbid curiousity'

Unread 13-09-2023, 10:25 AM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
He's not even the best at Madrid.

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinRedDevil
'his men would follow him anywhere, if only out of a sense of morbid curiousity'
3 at the back 👍

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:57 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

But he chose to hold out for a big pay-off, and failing that, just collect his fat weekly wage instead. £#%&! him. He made his choice and now he can mop up the tears that fall from his stupid fat head with that money he chose over playing competitive first team football. @#%&!.

How does this fit in with the mens mental health stuff that was apparently important to you last week?

Unread 13-09-2023, 12:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
How does this fit in with the mens mental health stuff that was apparently important to you last week?
Closed Thread