United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2013, 07:41 PM
saffers

Default Team v Spurs

Biggest game of the season so far, Sandro being out for them is vital as he's excellent, would still go with 3 in the middle tho due to that cheat Bale probably playing thru the middle to use his only attribute and rio/vidas weakness(pace).

DDG

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson

Nani
RvP
Kagawa

0-1 to us

Unread 17-01-2013, 07:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Biggest game of the season so far, Sandro being out for them is vital as he's excellent, would still go with 3 in the middle tho due to that cheat Bale probably playing thru the middle to use his only attribute and rio/vidas weakness(pace).

DDG

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Cleverley
Anderson

Nani
RvP
Kagawa

0-1 to us
Don't often agree with you but that would be my team

I want us to start playing 433 on a regular basis especially before the Madrid match as we cannot play 442 at the Bernabéu surely

What we have been missing for the last 3 years has been a clear style and tactics that aren't some straight lines 442 %@#$&!s

Unread 17-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

De Gea
Rafael
Evra
Smalling
Vidic
Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Welbeck
van Persie

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
De Gea
Rafael
Evra
Smalling
Vidic
Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Welbeck
van Persie
Not sure if Young'll be back, and as much as I'd love to see Smalling start, it'll be Rio or Evans if he's fit.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:05 PM
MJ Ramone

De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani (assuming Young is still out)
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney
Van Persie

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
De Gea

Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Nani (assuming Young is still out)
Carrick
Cleverley
Kagawa

Rooney

Van Persie
Nah. Welbeck deserves to keep his place.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:06 PM
believe

De Gea
Rafael - Rio - Smalling - Evra
Carrick - Anderson
Cleverley
Valencia----------Welbeck
RvP

i thought vidic was injured?

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Tiberian

Do not think Anderson will start, his fitness did not appear to be a major problem last night, more match sharpness and touch on a difficult pitch, but Cleverley has been in good form recently and his combination with Carrick has been working fairly well. Spurs are quite physical in midfield so Anderson might be considered as a stylistic match up against someone like Dembele but more likely to be used as an impact sub.

Valencia will probably hold his place to help combat Bale, Young on the other side does a better defensive job than Kagawa, Lennon at times has had some joy against Evra.

Cbs and partner to Van Persie are the main questions.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah. Welbeck deserves to keep his place.
Well as you might have noticed I defend Danny Welbeck as much as you do on here & I rate him. Love the lad.
But he's only scored once this season.
Rooney + Van Persie has worked a treat at Stamford Bridge & the Etihad this season already.. + Rooney has a decent record at WHL.

Despite his recent injury & the Pen miss last night he still has to be first choice partner for Van Persie.
He might not be considered ready to play 2 games in a matter of days though, in which case I'd play Welbeck.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure if Young'll be back, and as much as I'd love to see Smalling start, it'll be Rio or Evans if he's fit.
shit, did I say Smalling? I meant Ferdinand

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:13 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
De Gea
Rafael - Rio - Smalling - Evra
Carrick - Anderson
Cleverley
Valencia----------Welbeck
RvP

i thought vidic was injured?
Just concussion apparently

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Well as you might have noticed I defend Danny Welbeck as much as you do on here & I rate him. Love the lad.
But he's only scored once this season.
Rooney + Van Persie has worked a treat at Stamford Bridge & the Etihad this season already.. + Rooney has a decent record at WHL.

Despite his recent injury & the Pen miss last night he still has to be first choice partner for Van Persie.
He might not be considered ready to play 2 games in a matter of days though, in which case I'd play Welbeck.
Whilst I agree I think mentally it would be better for Rooney not to start and I think SAF will go down this route.

He'll be chomping at the bit now to get back involved and determined to erase that pen from memory, but we've enough confidence running through the team to beat Spurs without him.

This will only fuel him and I can see the best coming from him for the run in. Rooney will still end the season has our most important and valuable player.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Whilst I agree I think mentally it would be better for Rooney not to start and I think SAF will go down this route.

He'll be chomping at the bit now to get back involved and determined to erase that pen from memory, but we've enough confidence running through the team to beat Spurs without him.

This will only fuel him and I can see the best coming from him for the run in. Rooney will still end the season has our most important and valuable player.

Unread 17-01-2013, 08:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
have you got wind?

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:14 PM
teflon_terry

De gea

Rafael vidic rio evra

Jones carrick cleverley young

Rvp chicharito

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:17 PM
jem

hard one because rooney should be in our first xi, but welbeck has been excellent in his last couple of games and didn't play midweek. tony v for his tiger tackling. nani always plays well against spurs, but a couple of very half-hearted crosses on the break in the second half last night and the limited chances of him tracking bale say no. subs will be key - rooney, cheech and giggs coming off the bench. (oh and... biggest game of the season, my arse.)

de gea

rafael - smalling - snoop - evra

carrick - anderson

valencia - cleverley - welbeck

van persie

anyone picking kagawa is insane. I do worry about the supply to van persie in that team, though. rooney and nani would offer a lot more going forward. I think evra is most likely to assist.

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:25 PM
dunk

Wtf have you got against Kagawa?

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:25 PM
atticusgrinch

We owe these @#%&!s:

DDG

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Anderson Carrick

Valencia Rooney Young

RVP

Unread 17-01-2013, 09:34 PM