United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default I apologise in advance for this, Ronnie's Mum says he's staying at United.

OK, it's from Goal.com and not a Brazillian website so it lacks credibility.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=725073

Another Twist As Mum Now Says Ronaldo Will Stay
Cristiano Ronaldo's summer move to Real Madrid is very much in doubt after his mother hinted that he will not leave Old Trafford...

The Portuguese ace has been heavily tipped for a move to the Spanish champions, with Ramón Calderón seeming capable of just everything to lure him into his ranks.

The former Sporting player said today that he would like to play for Real Madrid as long as the Merengues were willing to offer him and Manchester United what has been reported for the past weeks.

However, Ronaldo's mother - who famously backed a move to Madrid in the past - seems to have put an end to this endless saga by affirming that his son will not leave the British outfit.

"He is fine where he is. Only God knows the future, but it's certain that he will continue in Manchester," Dolores Aveiro told TV station TVI.

With Manchester United uninterested in selling their star, who is currently in Switzerland with the Portuguese national squad, chances are that Cristiano Ronaldo will wear the Red Devils' shirt at least one more year.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
armchair

My mum is the first to know of my movements too.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
OK, it's from Goal.com and not a Brazillian website so it lacks credibility.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=725073

Another Twist As Mum Now Says Ronaldo Will Stay
Cristiano Ronaldo's summer move to Real Madrid is very much in doubt after his mother hinted that he will not leave Old Trafford...

The Portuguese ace has been heavily tipped for a move to the Spanish champions, with Ramón Calderón seeming capable of just everything to lure him into his ranks.

The former Sporting player said today that he would like to play for Real Madrid as long as the Merengues were willing to offer him and Manchester United what has been reported for the past weeks.

However, Ronaldo's mother - who famously backed a move to Madrid in the past - seems to have put an end to this endless saga by affirming that his son will not leave the British outfit.

"He is fine where he is. Only God knows the future, but it's certain that he will continue in Manchester," Dolores Aveiro told TV station TVI.

With Manchester United uninterested in selling their star, who is currently in Switzerland with the Portuguese national squad, chances are that Cristiano Ronaldo will wear the Red Devils' shirt at least one more year.
i posted this 2hrs ago. nft.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Is that just your bowel movements or all of them?

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
I wasn't here and I apologised in advance.

armchair, does your mum find out about your movements before Brazillian websites?

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The Guardian are reporting that Ronaldo is furious with SAF. No quotes. If he is though, he's somehow managed to sink further in my estimations.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
And S/Side posted it yesterday.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
And S/Side posted it yesterday.
well get to £#%&!. nft.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Does your mum constantly tell the press where you are going and how god will be making all your future decisions?

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Ether

'Only God knows the future, but it's certain that he will continue in Manchester'

Has she been having a chat then?

And 'Only God knows the future' must be the Aveiro family motto. I bet it's a right hassle to get a straight answer out of anyone in that house.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The Guardian are reporting that Ronaldo is furious with SAF. No quotes. If he is though, he's somehow managed to sink further in my estimations.

Yup, it's the most quoteless story in history. Seems the British press have given up on journalism and are now just reading AS and La Marca online, putting it through Babelfish and putting their byline under it.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
'Only God knows the future, but it's certain that he will continue in Manchester'

Has she been having a chat then?

And 'Only God knows the future' must be the Aveiro family motto. I bet it's a right hassle to get a straight answer out of anyone in that house.
No wonder there are so many dying and starving in the world - he's always round at his mums having tea and biscuits...

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:10 PM
armchair

I honestly don't think he wanted to move until next year. He thought he was being clever with the media, getting a lot of attention but it went on too long and once you give Real a sniff it is almost impossible to stop. It's going to be every day from here until next season.

Get as much money as possible. I noticed barca stories re him yesterday. Obviously from United.

I think it's absolutely inevitable but then again we have Fergie.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
"Hey mum, what are we having for tea tonight?"

"I'll announce my decision in twenty or thirty minutes, but as I have said many times, only God knows the future."

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It now all depends on the replacement(s).

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
"Hey mum, what are we having for tea tonight?"

"I'll announce my decision in twenty or thirty minutes, but as I have said many times, only God knows the future."
"Will we wait until after the european championships until I decide what I am having for tea. I am happy for now".

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It now all depends on the replacement(s).
Benzema, Ribery, Sergio Ramos.

we'd be a better team.

Maybe get Santa Cruz too.

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Serenity Now

"I've said a million times that it is my dream to have fish fingers tonight, but of course, dreams don't always come true."

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Ether

Quote:
"I've said a million times that it is my dream to have fish fingers tonight, but of course, dreams don't always come true."

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Scabs

Is anyone else getting thoroughly bored with all the uninformed, unconfirmed bullshit surrounding the Portuguese wunderkind?

I said it before, I'll say it again: if he goes, he goes.

Let's remain abuzz with last season's spectacular success, ffs.
Closed Thread