United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Barracuda

Maybe we are getting a raw deal with decisions at times, with referee's going out of their way to prove they show us no favours - but then again maybe they're equally bad with other teams.

Blaming referee's is trying to deflect away from where the real problems are - and the simple fact is we are our own worst enemy at the moment.

Game after game we're sitting back in our own half and inviting teams to come at us, and the only time we look anything like an attacking team is when we have no option because we're invariably a goal down.

I can't for the life of me understand why we've got to within touching distance of two trophies based on great attacking play, - only to completely change the gameplan now??

It's like we're shit scared to lose - but at the same time shit scared to win ...

Unread 27-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Anderson wasn't very good yesterday, simple as that. If you want to really pick holes - which you clearly do - then he contributed virtually nothing to our attacking play, was strolling back when Chelsea broke and Cole hit the post (which could sum up much of his 1st half influence), and seemed to give away a free-kick every time he challenged for the ball (which could sum up much of his 2nd half influence). I would rather look on the positives, of course, which are that he is a joy to watch and he will learn and improve. But this is the here and now, and he doesn't last 90 minutes. Whether this is due to his fitness or his recovery time only the people who study these things know.

Bringing on O'Shea worked a treat at Blackburn (in forumspeak). United were clearly well worth a draw yesterday in the game I was watching. The overall strategy United have used on this run-in has got us into the position of strength we now have - there are no tiredness excuses now for the final push, there are three games there to win, there are plenty of days in between the matches, and the whole thing has been managed successfully. If we don't beat Barcelona that will not change the fact that the strategy has worked.

The only CL s/f team that didn't drastically alter their line-up yesterday was Chelsea. They had to win yesterday. Our position was far stronger than any of the other 3 teams. Criticising the strategy that has got us into that position is frankly laughable.

Unread 27-04-2008, 02:21 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Anderson wasn't very good yesterday, simple as that. He was just starting to take hold of the game and was running through their midfield with ease.

Bringing on O'Shea worked a treat at Blackburn (in forumspeak). Bringing on O'Shea is never an option that should be taken unless we're six nil up against Barnet in the Carling Cup.

United were clearly well worth a draw yesterday in the game I was watching.We were shocking in the first half and as soon as we got into the game and got our goal, Ferguson changed to a defensive mentality instead of going to win the game. £#%&! the draw. If you play simply not to lose then you can't complain when you get beaten.

Our position was far stronger than any of the other 3 teams. Criticising the strategy that has got us into that position is frankly laughable.
Changing the strategy that has got us into that position (attacking football) is far more laughable.

Unread 27-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Ether

Is Throb a politician? I've never known someone churn out so much %@#$&!s with a (presumably) straight face.

'If we don't beat Barcelona that will not change the fact that the strategy has worked. '

It's almost genius.

Unread 27-04-2008, 02:39 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Is Throb a politician? I've never known someone churn out so much %@#$&!s with a (presumably) straight face.

'If we don't beat Barcelona that will not change the fact that the strategy has worked. '

It's almost genius.
He's either Alex Ferguson or Carlos @#%&!arse.

Throb, make sure we attack Barca on Tuesday night. x

Unread 27-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
He's either Alex Ferguson or Carlos @#%&!arse.

Throb, make sure we attack Barca on Tuesday night. x
Consider it done.

Can't guarantee Barce won't push us back though.

I think this is the strategy that got us into the position we are in btw

Check it out, you never know, you might even be able to see it for yourselves.

Unread 27-04-2008, 09:59 PM
jem

Default fergie was 100% right

of course, he missed out the bit where he picked the side and told them how to play in the last couple of games, for which he should be £#%&!ing shot, but still.... (ok, 99% right if you discount the ball going to ferdinand comment... but it was a very dubious penalty and wiley - I know he didn't give it, the @#%&! who can't spot an offside gave it - gave every decision to chelsea he could).

of course we looked good in the second half. I bet we look good against barca if we go a goal or two down. because we always play well with our backs against the wall, when fergie actually lets the team £#%&!ing play. so why not just send them out like that from the start - we can beat £#%&!ing anyone, so why play like @#%&!?

pre-match talk should be "we're 1-0 down and the ref has £#%&!ing robbbed us. there's only fifteen minutes left. go out and win us the game." we'd be 3-0 up by half-time against anyone. at least it would be fun.

Unread 28-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Anderson wasn't very good yesterday
WUM.

Unread 28-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Zorg

I just don't understand why some people refuse to accept that even Ferie can get things wrong from time to time.
Referees ffs. It's pathetic.

Unread 28-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Playing like Liverpool and moaning like Arsenal..wouldnt have expected that a few weeks ago, united do keeps us on our toes dont they
Summed up perfectly.

Unread 28-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I just don't understand why some people refuse to accept that even Ferie can get things wrong from time to time.
Referees ffs. It's pathetic.
you're spot on, the referees have been more than generous to United in their penalty decisions in recent weeks

of course, Ferguson should never have played Rooney on Saturday
Closed Thread