United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't care whose achievement it is, I care about United. Hence I'm more interested in what United are doing wrong than coming up with excuses about City's spending.
Bringing it up on a City thread in reply to something about city. No-one was talking about united. You felt the need to make it about united and limited your comment to mourinho’s time only. You’re too transparent to play dumb.

United have done nothing wrong since they appointed mourinho btw. 3 cup finals, and moved to second in the league inside two seasons.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
I don't care whose achievement it is, I care about United. Hence I'm more interested in what United are doing wrong than coming up with excuses about City's spending.

See.

£#%&!ing hell
See what?

You’re either on a Wum or just can’t back down. I’m leaving you to get on with it pal, have a good one.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Bringing it up on a City thread in reply to something about city. They’ve done nothing wrong since they appointed mourinho btw. 3 cup finals, and moved to second in the league inside two seasons.
Of course they have. If they hadn't they wouldn't be 19 points behind and producing the worst football since the 70's.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They've signed much more expensive duds than we have, it's just that they can throw them aside and sign another 50 million quid player if they want because money is no object to them. They've spent 54 million quid on £#%&!ing goalkeepers in the last 2 years. Signed Claudio Bravo for 19 million then didn't fancy him so they spent 35 million on Ederson the next season.

30 million on willfried bony, 40 million on Mangala, 25 million on jesus navas, 20 million on Negredo, 18 million on jack rodwell etc etc etc.
Yeah that too. Whereas all our expensive mistakes come back to haunt us but they've managed to pick up a few belters among all the chaff. It's all been rather trying.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
See what?

You’re either on a Wum or just can’t back down. I’m leaving you to get on with it pal, have a good one.
Me. I'm on a wum? Do £#%&! off You can't £#%&!ing read and I'm on a wum?

andyroo

Quote:
Of course they have. If they hadn't they wouldn't be 19 points behind and producing the worst football since the 70's.
apart from one game in 2012 etc etc

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
dunk's argument is only about us, not them. Can we really be said to get much of a bang for our buck? We're still spending waaaaay over the odds for assets we don't have much of a clue about how to get the best out of. Pogba ffs.

Sure their project(ile vomit) is unprecedented but it doesn't excuse our own recklessness and shoddiness.
Wow. Somebody that can read and process thoughts

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:45 PM
AK14

Thumbs down

Quote:
Me. I'm on a wum? Do £#%&! off You can't £#%&!ing read and I'm on a wum?

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Zorg

Still, the taches eh? Lol

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
:
You're not "interested in what United are doing wrong", so much as using City's achievements as a stick to bash United with. Which is pretty shit tbh considering it's all we really get on mainstream media non stop.

Nobody is happy with 2nd place, the football isn't great.

But let's have a bit of perspective. Stop comparing the goings on at a football club (Manchester United) with the british branch of an Abu Dhabi public relations franchise (Manchester City).

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
You're not "interested in what United are doing wrong", so much as using City's achievements as a stick to bash United with. Which is pretty shit tbh considering it's all we really get on mainstream media non stop.

Nobody is happy with 2nd place, the football isn't great.

But let's have a bit of perspective. Stop comparing the goings on at a football club (Manchester United) with the british branch of an Abu Dhabi public relations franchise (Manchester City).
I'm not. Everyone else was and then using their spending as an excuse for the ineptitude of United since about 2009 in the transfer market and in planning for the future.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Van gaal conveniently removed from the equation.

So what mistakes have they made during mourinho’s time?

Quote:
You're not "interested in what United are doing wrong", so much as using City's achievements as a stick to bash mourinho with.
Corrected.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:50 PM
dunk

Quote:

Signings, bad ones and lack of, management of players, tactics etc. There's £#%&!ing loads, clear as day to everyone but you.

Quote:

Corrected.
If I was after a stick to bash Mourinho with I would not have to go searching.

Unread 16-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Signings, bad ones and lack of, management of players, tactics etc. There's £#%&!ing loads, clear as day to everyone but you.
Everyone makes bad signings. City more than most.

Management of players and tactics is pure speculation. Not speculation is the fact we finished in second place and in the fa cup final. Seems a pretty unlikely outcome given your speculation about poor management of players.

I always got the impression he wasn’t happy with the players with regards following his tactics. So can you prove which poor performances are down to mourinho’s tactics and which are the players failing to carry them out? I can’t. But I obviously don’t have your insight on such matters.

When you say clear as day, do you mean if you invent them?

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Everyone makes bad signings. City more than most.

Management of players and tactics is pure speculation. Not speculation is the fact we finished in second place and in the fa cup final. Seems a pretty unlikely outcome given your speculation about poor management of players.

I always got the impression he wasn’t happy with the players with regards following his tactics. So can you prove which poor performances are down to mourinho’s tactics and which are the players failing to carry them out? I can’t. But I obviously don’t have your insight on such matters.

When you say clear as day, do you mean if you invent them?
You think it's coincidence that the only time we've looked dangerous is when we have to come from behind? Once the initial plan of sitting back and hoping to break has come up with a deficit and we have to react we sometimes actually find ways to get back into the game. Not always, obvs, sometimes we're just horribly out played and out worked by relegation threatened sides and well beaten, but I'm sure you'll have an excuse for those games rendering them irrelevant and pure speculation

My insight purely comes from watching the games, selections and tactics pal. Try it. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't bother watching the games because you know it's shit, but know from the results it's all going well

Oh, and 'speculation' again. I forgot. Unless it was written in backbeat it doesn't exist

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
You think it's coincidence that the only time we've looked dangerous is when we have to come from behind? Once the initial plan of sitting back and hoping to break has come up with a deficit and we have to react we sometimes actually find ways to get back into the game. Not always, obvs, sometimes we're just horribly out played and out worked by relegation threatened sides and well beaten, but I'm sure you'll have an excuse for those games rendering them irrelevant and pure speculation

My insight purely comes from watching the games, selections and tactics pal. Try it.

Oh, and 'speculation' again. I forgot. Unless it was written in backbeat it doesn't exist
Looked pretty dangerous when we went 2 up against liverpool in half an hour tbf. and Arsenal away.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Looked pretty dangerous when we went 2 up against liverpool in half an hour tbf. and Arsenal away.
Exceptions that prove the rule, as they say. You'll find my post from HT in the Liverpool game absolutely astounded at what was easily the best half of football in Mourinho's reign. Second half amongst the worst.

That Arsenal performance was disgusting, but exactly what Mourinho wants. Says everything tbh.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:25 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Exceptions that prove the rule, as they say. You'll find my post from HT in the Liverpool game absolutely astounded at what was easily the best half of football in Mourinho's reign. Second half amongst the worst.

That Arsenal performance was disgusting, but exactly what Mourinho wants. Says everything tbh.
see its tough to argue with a game by game review like that and then its tough to argue with sparkys points.

So instead i will just call you both £#%&!ing @#%&!s and say i still hate city either way

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I could speculate.

Are you suggesting the players follow mourinho’s tactics until they’re losing and then ignore them and play their own game?

My speculation would be the players can’t handle expectation and freeze up. When they go behind they have nothing to lose so their game becomes more free. That speculation is based on mourinho’s own comments, which could be bullshit to cover for himself. But they ring true to me from watching the players over the past 5 years.

From memory, we didn’t come from behind much under van gaal or during mourinho’s first season. That would suggest going behind doesn’t stimulate the players into ignoring negative tactics and playing their own game. It suggests it’s something that’s been instilled during mourinho’s 2 seasons of working with them. That suggests they are carrying out mourinho’s instructions when behind. It also suggests they are also carrying out mourinho’s instructions before going behind. However, that could also be the mental pressure mourinho alludes to, and they are unable to follow his instructions until that pressure has been lifted by going behind. But I understand that’s just me speculating.

Quote:
My insight purely comes from watching the games, selections and tactics pal. Try it.

You can’t redefine the meaning of speculation. It either is or isn’t. All the above by both you and me is speculation regardless of whether you want it to be or not.

With regards backbeat, I’m sure you’re aware of the idea of weighing up credibility of a source. I know you wouldn’t give any media story the same weight and credibility.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
I could speculate.

Are you suggesting the players follow mourinho’s tactics until they’re losing and then ignore them and play their own game?

My speculation would be the players can’t handle expectation and freeze up. When they go behind they have nothing to lose so their game becomes more free. That speculation is based on mourinho’s own comments, which could be bullshit to cover for himself. But they ring true to me from watching the players over the past 5 years.

From memory, we didn’t come from behind much under van gaal or during mourinho’s first season. That would suggest going behind doesn’t stimulate the players into ignoring negative tactics and playing their own game. It suggests it’s something that’s been instilled during mourinho’s 2 seasons of working with them. That suggests they are carrying out mourinho’s instructions when behind. It also suggests they are also carrying out mourinho’s instructions before going behind. However, that could also be the mental pressure mourinho alludes to, and they are unable to follow his instructions until that pressure has been lifted by going behind. But I understand that’s just me speculating.

You can’t redefine the meaning of speculation. It either is or isn’t. All the above by both you and me is speculation regardless of whether you want it to be or not.

With regards backbeat, I’m sure you’re aware of the idea of weighing up credibility of a source. I know you wouldn’t give any media story the same weight and credibility.
That would be fine, if it weren't for the tactics still being rank when chasing and it just being the intensity and territory being occupied that changes.

I'm with you on a lot of the players, but there's nothing the team does in either situation that points to anything positive. We generally have better players than the opposition so should be able to wear teams down just via superior ability at times.

Your view would probably tend to be that when it goes right it's the manager and when it goes wrong it's the players, I'd go the other way, and never the twain shall meet. But I'm just speculating.
Closed Thread