United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2014, 02:43 PM
saffers

Default Who else is/should follow Büttner out the door

Seems the first proper out of the LvG era is about to be ratified. Who else will follow? Who should definitely be binned? If LvG sells Nani before Young, is he a @#%&!?

For me: Cleverley, Young and Johnny Evans. And if a decent offer is made, Fellaini.

Unread 21-06-2014, 02:53 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Seems the first proper out of the LvG era is about to be ratified. Who else will follow? Who should definitely be binned? If LvG sells Nani before Young, is he a @#%&!?

For me: Cleverley, Young and Johnny Evans. And if a decent offer is made, Fellaini.

I don't think selling an international footballer before an ex international footballer will make our new manager a @#%&!, it would probably just mean that Nani is easier to sell. cleverley and young to leave.

Unread 21-06-2014, 02:56 PM
saffers

That's the thing, ex international, so bad he can't even play for England.

Nani's at the world cup, while Young is.....

http://instagram.com/p/oTz_U0DVVB/

Unread 21-06-2014, 02:58 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:

I'm starting to like him

Unread 21-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Vedder

Quote:

What a £#%&!ing @#%&!. Stealing a living. Despise the @#%&!

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:04 PM
ryanMUFC

Van Gaals also at the World Cup so right now I doubt selling Ashley young to Leicester City or whoever is on his mind. If there's players leaving then expect the sale of the ones with a higher price tag to be out the door first unless it's someone desperate to leave like Buttner.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:05 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
I'm starting to like him
Same, wasn't gonna be the first to admit it.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Pop

Fellaini, Young, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans, Jones, Smalling, Nani, Rooney, Carrick.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Rhodzy

Think Evans will stay.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:11 PM
magic_cantona

Wouldn't get rid of Evans, not yet.

T Clevz, Young and Fellaini have to go. Surely. I can't believe how bad Felli is.

Some barmy @#%&! will buy them.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

As much as he is persona non grata I think Cleverley has to stay at least for another season as a squad player as we have too few centre midfielders as is especially if that fat turd Anderson is bombed out
If we get rid of Cleverley then we need to sign 3 centre midfielders and the way this summer is shaping up I think we will struggle to sign 2

Hopefully Valencia is only being kept on as a backup right back / wing back
Young needs to be £#%&!ed off and Hernandez needs to leave this summer as well

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
As much as he is persona non grata I think Cleverley has to stay at least for another season as a squad player as we have too few centre midfielders as is especially if that fat turd Anderson is bombed out
If we get rid of Cleverley then we need to sign 3 centre midfielders and the way this summer is shaping up I think we will struggle to sign 2

Hopefully Valencia is only being kept on as a backup right back / wing back
Young needs to be £#%&!ed off and Hernandez needs to leave this summer as well
£#%&!ing hell, I'd forgot about Anderson!

He goes without saying though. Awful pile of shit.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Sparky***

Has to be most of the god awful squad filler we have:

Evans, Anderson, Buttner, Cleverley, Young, Zaha, Powell. Get rid of those 7 and bring in 3-4 genuinely top younger players and we'd be fine. Not as if we have Champions league football to worry about next season so we don't even need a huge squad. We just need to get more quality.

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Switching Off

I'd like to see Van Gaal have Cleverley for a season. You never know...

Unread 21-06-2014, 03:58 PM
wonky no

I don't see the problem with buttner, pea, jones or Evans.
Think buttner has improved every time I've seen him. Pea is still roughly a 1 in 2 striker. Jones in a settled back 3,4 or 5 will also improve. as for Valencia, he's perfect as a wing back

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:08 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
I don't see the problem with buttner, pea, jones or Evans.
Think buttner has improved every time I've seen him. Pea is still roughly a 1 in 2 striker. Jones in a settled back 3,4 or 5 will also improve. as for Valencia, he's perfect as a wing back
pea leaving is as much for him as us. The lad deserves regular football elsewhere. He's heading towards his peak and he's never going to be first choice here.

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:20 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
pea leaving is as much for him as us. The lad deserves regular football elsewhere. He's heading towards his peak and he's never going to be first choice here.
Assuming gaal fancies Rooney and rvp. Wouldn't at all be surprise to see pea and rvp getting a better return as a partnership. I know what you're saying though

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing buzzing for the new season already tbh. Don't really want holland to go out the world cup just yet but £#%&!ing hell I can't wait for LVG to take over.

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:38 PM
dunk

Fletcher, Anderson, Young, Zaha, Fellaini, Bebe and Hernandez all out. Added to Rio, Vida, Giggsy, Macheda and Buttner all gone, that's a hell of a clear out.

Maybe Rooney.

Unread 21-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Aman27deep

Without Europe we need a much smaller, trimmed squad.

I'd personally say goodbye to :

Buttner (if we get a new LB. LvG is not a fan)
Young
Anderson
Cleverley
Chicharito
Fletcher
Bebe

In addition to Rio, Giggs and Vidic who have already departed, that's a trimmed squad, with 10 players fewer.

Introduce Zaha and Lingard to the first team. In no way can they be worse than Young.

Powell likewise. He did okay for Wigan. Can take Cleverley's position in the squad.

Promote Wilson for Chicharito. I love Chicharito Hernandez but if he's not playing on a regular basis he loses his touch. He will be a 25+ goal machine in Spain.

After this we need to buy one left back, one central defender and two central midfielders.

New squad should look like...

Goalkeepers : Big Gayers, Lindegaard, Amos (3)
Defenders : Evra (captain), *New LB*, Evans, Smalling, Jones, *New CB*, Rafael (7)
Midfielders : Carrick, Powell, Fellaini, *New CM*, *New CM*, Mata, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Januzaj, Zaha, Lingard (12)
Attackers : van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck, Wilson (4)

That's a trimmed squad at around 26. Let's say four players are injured at any given point, then we have 22 for 18 slots - you need 18 for any match day, and I would say that's perfect with a mixture of youth as well.

I can't stress this enough, this will have to be the last season for players such as Evans, Welbeck, Zaha, Fellaini and Lingard to prove themselves. If they fail they will have to be shown the door and replaced consequently. I'm sure we'll get champions league next season under van Gaal.
Closed Thread