United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Ugh. How long did it take to recover?
I was 15 when it happened, did not feel confident to play again for a couple of years, physically I was probably ok in about 10 months, running, but i did not feel ready for full contact play for a lot longer. Clean break, no complications, Shaw should heal well, an ACL is a much worse injury these days.

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:53 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'll never forget the time I clattered this £#%&!ing lesbo at a 7-a-side tournament one year.

The BBC used to have and inter department football tournament in motspur park. We came up against BBC bristol and they had this £#%&!ing bird on their team who was going around literally kicking people's ankles and flooring everyone. All her team mates and friends thought it was hilarious watching her kick the shit out of everyone. I came on as a sub and the minute she came near me the first thing i did was launch the @#%&! up in the air, she did a £#%&!ing cartwheel.

Got subbed for my own saftey after that as everybody went radio rental.
Very good

'The lesbo was there (I think)'

Unread 18-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
I'll never forget the time I clattered this £#%&!ing lesbo at a 7-a-side tournament one year.

The BBC used to have and inter department football tournament in motspur park. We came up against BBC bristol and they had this £#%&!ing bird on their team who was going around literally kicking people's ankles and flooring everyone. All her team mates and friends thought it was hilarious watching her kick the shit out of everyone. I came on as a sub and the minute she came near me the first thing i did was launch the @#%&! up in the air, she did a £#%&!ing cartwheel.

So much for equality. If you can't take it don't dish it out

Unread 18-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I was 15 when it happened, did not feel confident to play again for a couple of years, physically I was probably ok in about 10 months, running, but i did not feel ready for full contact play for a lot longer. Clean break, no complications, Shaw should heal well, an ACL is a much worse injury these days.
Done nothing more than have a kick about since I broke my leg and did my ankle. Gave up 5 mins in to training for the short lived Cleve team. Went from a bone crunching centre half to an absolute coward. It's worse when it's your standing leg too.

Unread 18-09-2015, 05:58 PM
rockored

I did my ACL and was fine when it healed. I think it was because I'm not a girl.

Unread 18-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Done nothing more than have a kick about since I broke my leg and did my ankle. Gave up 5 mins in to training for the short lived Cleve team. Went from a bone crunching centre half to an absolute coward. It's worse when it's your standing leg too.

We criticize players who struggle with injury but it takes so much to come back constantly. Wenger has described Diaby as the mentally toughest player he has ever worked with, the courage to keep working even when you do not trust your body. Saha in tears at the 2008 CL final when he was in line to be on the bench and had to pull out late, afraid to talk to Fergie and tell him, knowing what the fans were probably saying

Unread 19-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

1min40.

"Standard" challenge

Foul or no foul?

If Ronaldo's foot was planted ...

Unread 19-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
Very good

'The lesbo was there (I think)'

Unread 19-09-2015, 11:24 AM
RedMenace

Unlucky with the nurses

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-shaw-10089149

Unread 19-09-2015, 09:37 PM
wiganste

Hector Moreno injured another player tonight with a shocker of a tackle. Not that type of player etc :shakehead:

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Hector Moreno injured another player tonight with a shocker of a tackle. Not that type of player etc :shakehead:
He did a similar one on Young in the 2nd half

The lad just doesn't know how to tackle properly
Everything's a lunge

:shakehead:

Unread 21-09-2015, 10:52 AM
ashtonred

Quote:

Did you leave with a strop on?

Unread 23-09-2015, 10:14 PM
geo100100

according to him he is out for a year!

Unread 23-09-2015, 10:54 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo100100
according to him he is out for a year!
Closed Thread